Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello everyone, here's my honest review and experience with Artec and their Nighthawk front bumper and skid plate:

I will also mention that I have not been able to get any customer service. Artec does not answer their phones, nor do they return voicemails or respond to emails or the online review portions on their website. I tried installing this bumper on 5/3/18. I've left two voicemails, one review (this one) and an email that have all gone unanswered. I'm disappointed in such an expensive bumper. More so in the lack of customer support.
IMG_5358.jpg
This is the exact reason I come here for good quality advice from an objective point of view. I'm in the market for a front bumper too and this definitely will help my decision :headbang:
Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can anyone confirm whether the DV8 FS-15 is compatible with OE halogen fog lights from the plastic bumper? I am waiting for the PSC Crawler bumper to be released and whether or not that is also compatible with the same fog lights.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Can anyone confirm whether the DV8 FS-15 is compatible with OE halogen fog lights from the plastic bumper? I am waiting for the PSC Crawler bumper to be released and whether or not that is also compatible with the same fog lights.
Unless there is a bumper recently released that I’m not aware of none of the bumpers are compatible with the halogen lights. Only compatible with the LED lights.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Sponsored

bongoray

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bongorayproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Vehicle Showcase
Artec Industries UPDATE!

I wanted to give a quick update. I reached out to Northridge4x4.com, where I bought the bumper and they couldn't have been better. They were able to get a hold of Artec and provide me with the missing instructions for the bumper and the sway bar skid plate. It turns out the "odd" bracket Artec sent was indeed the nut rivet tool, which wasn't what I was expecting. I was able to install the sway bar guard in about 20 min after receiving the necessary directions. Not only did Northridge step up to the plate, but Artec did as well. They both got a hold of me and provided additional photos on the install and instructions.

What happened next blew me away, not only did the contact at Artec email me, he gave me his personal cell phone in case I needed to get a hold of him with any problems on the install, but it didn't end there. Artec apologized for the troubles and took ownership of the quality escape. They said that they stand behind their products and were admittedly short handed in their customer service department. He assured me that they are actively hiring to avoid delays in taking care of customer issues. Not only that he made me two offers to make up for the trouble during my install:

1. If I was unhappy with the bumper they would ship me a replacement at no charge and issue my credit card a $300 credit to allow me to get the new bumper painted. ($300 is what it cost to get the current one done).

or

2. If I was happy with the front bumper installed as is, they will send me the matching rear bumper ($650 retail) to me at no charge.

Honestly I was blown away. I didn't ask for anything other than some instructions and some help on the install, nor did I expect a response like this. I was definitely upset with the install, but as I mentioned in my review I was impressed with the build quality and the looks. I will definitely give Artec another chance and I'm looking forward to the matching rear bumper. Thank you to Northridge and Artec for going above and beyond. It was unexpected and very much appreciated!

Sinerely,
Ray

IMG_5739.JPG

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That’s great service from Arterc trying their best to make their screw up right and give great service to a customer who paid good money for their product. I wish FCA would send their people there to get some training on what to do when you screw up. ;)

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Lit rear license plates are mandatory everywhere. Many manufacturers seem to assume that we are going to just hang our licenses any which way. Some bumpers are now coming with pre-drilled holes for back up sensors but no thought to mounting plates or illuminating them.

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Lit rear license plates are mandatory everywhere. Many manufacturers seem to assume that we are going to just hang our licenses any which way. Some bumpers are now coming with pre-drilled holes for back up sensors but no thought to mounting plates or illuminating them.
I agree!! Not buying something I have to modify right away, or going to retro JK license location.

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
*** I will be updating this list with links to front/rear aftermarket bumpers as time goes on. I will update it based on my research and with posts others make on here. Please relay any information you have! ***

Available

- Ace Engineering
_____- Hammertown Rear Armor Minimalist rear (Link)

- ADD (Addictive Desert Design)

_____- Stealth Fighter Front (Link)
_____- Stealth Fighter w/ Top Hoop Front (Link)
_____- Stealth Fighter Winch Front (Link)
_____- Stealth Fighter Rear (Link)

- Artec Industries
_____- Nighthawk front with Mid Tube Stinger (Link)
_____- Nighthawk front with Blade Stinger (Link)
_____- Nighthawk rear (Link)

- Barricade Off-Road
_____- Trail Force Full Width Front (Link)

- Genright Off Road
_____- Stubby Aluminum front (Link)
_____- Stubby Aluminum front w/ Winch Guard (Link)
_____- Aluminum Rear (Link)

- Go Rhino
_____- Rockline Front (Link)
_____- Rockline Rear (Link)

- Hammerhead
_____- JLX Series Stubby Front (Link)

- Hanson (Estimated ship date of 1/28 - can be ordered through the phone currently 877-757-9779)

- Hauk Offroad
_____- Front (Link)
_____- Rear (Link)

- Innovative Creations Inc
_____- Magnum Front (Link)
_____- Magnum Rear (Link)

- JCR Offroad
_____- Mauler Stubby Front (Link)
_____- Mauler Deluxe Stubby Front (Link)
_____- Crusader Front (Link)
_____- Vanguard Full Front (Link)
_____- Defender Mid Front (Link)
_____- Dagger Stubby Front (Link)
_____- Vanguard Rear (Link)
_____- Crusader Rear (Link)
_____- Dagger Rear (Link)
_____- Mauler Rear (Link)

- LOD Offroad
_____- Destroyer Shorty Front (Link)
_____- Destroyer Mid-width Front (Link)
_____- Destroyer Full-width Front (Link)

- Mopar
_____- 3-Piece Front (Link)
_____- Stubby Front (Link)

- Poison Spyder
_____- Bruiser Front (Link)
_____- Bruiser Rear (Link)
_____- Crawler Front (Link)
_____- Crawler Rear (Link)

- Red Rock 4x4
_____- Avenger Full Width Front (Link)

- Road Armor
_____- Stealth Front (Link)

- ROAM Offroad
_____- Front bumper (Link)
_____- Rear bumper w/ tire carrier (Link)

- Rock Hard 4x4
_____- Various front bumpers (Link)

- Rock Slide Engineering
_____- Rigid Full Front (Link)

- Rough Country
_____- Stubby Front Black Edition (Link)

- RPMFAB
_____- Mid-Width Front (Link)
_____- Stubby Hidden Winch Front (Link)
_____- Stubby Rear with Tire Carrier (Link)
_____- Stubby Rear (Link)

- Rugged Ridge
_____- Spartacus front (Link 1 | Link 2)

Pending Release

- AEV
- ARB (No release date)
- Aries
- Bestop (Early-Spring)
- Body Armor (No release date)
- Crown Automotive
- DV8 Offroad (Pre-Spring)
- EVO Manufacturing (No release date)
- Fab Fours (April)
- Fishbone Offroad (May)
- Garvin (late-Spring / early-Summer)
- HyLine Offroad (No release date)
- Lange Originals
- Mountain Off-Road
- Olympic 4x4 Products
- Rampage
- Rancho (No release date)
- Smittybilt
- Snyper
- Tactik
- Teraflex (No release date)
- Tomken Machine
- WARN (No release date)
- Warrior Products (March/April)

don't forget about NEMESIS INDUSTRIES

Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
They do fit. That's what I have on my JL right now. Stock halogen fogs bolted right up with no problems.

IMG_7472~2resized.jpg

Last edited:

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
They do fit. That's what I have on my JL right now. Stock halogen fogs bolted right up with no problems.

IMG_7472~2resized.jpg
I thought the mounting brackets for LEDs and halogens were different and I could have sworn I saw someone say the LEDs mounted with no problem as well.

Did you have to specify when ordering?

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I thought the mounting brackets for LEDs and halogens were different and I could have sworn I saw someone say the LEDs mounted with no problem as well.

Did you have to specify when ordering?
Negative. It's just a basic FS-15 bumper.

Maybe the mounting holes work for both? Wouldn't be all too surprising.

I can 100% confirm that the oem halogen fogs bolt right up with no problems.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Please add RedRock 4x4 Crawler Stubby Front Bumper offered by Extreme Terrain. I have one sitting in my "man cave" waiting for my 2018 Jeep JLUR. Cheers, mugs
Hey bro. You ever get this bad boy installed? I'd love to see some pics and some details on the install. This is one of the bumpers I'm looking at.
Sponsored