Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Riverz_711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door JL Rubicon and 2 door TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Artec Nighthawk Mid-Stinger after having it powdercoated by a local shop. Everything bolted up okay but I had to remove the extra brackets supporting the ends of the frame. Then I had a fitment issue with the ZEON 10S. Had to grind down some of the lip around the frame bracket. Very tidious, but mostly because of the winch issue. Im very pleased with how to came out though.
20180429_070618.jpg
20180429_070423.jpg
20180429_070231.jpg
20180429_070218.jpg
Sponsored

MBLY

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR V6 Auto - 17 Audi R8 V10 Plus
Has there been any issues with aftermarket bumpers and the parking sensors?

I’d imagine you just disconnect them?

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Attention aftermarket bumper builders: I wish there more choices for steel bumpers that have good license plate mounting options. In WI we need to have a front plate, and the rear plate needs to be lit. It's a new JL, I don't want it to look like an afterthought.so not real excited to mount under the tail light like a jk or stick it to the spare. I thought there would be plenty of aftermarket choices so I didn't order the factory steel ones. Now I wish I did...

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Attention aftermarket bumper builders: I wish there more choices for steel bumpers that have good license plate mounting options. In WI we need to have a front plate, and the rear plate needs to be lit. It's a new JL, I don't want it to look like an afterthought.so not real excited to mount under the tail light like a jk or stick it to the spare. I thought there would be plenty of aftermarket choices so I didn't order the factory steel ones. Now I wish I did...
This seems like a nice approach for a rear bumper with lighted license plate bracket that also supports rear sensors
http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-rear-bumper-R961241280103

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, we have the same issue in BC. Need a lit back plate and have to keep the front plate on. I ordered this for the front

https://www.cascadia4x4.com/product...ip-up-flip-down-license-plate-mounting-system

Looks like it will work well with my ADD Stealth Front bumper. Should have it by the weekend.

Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU

Exactly! The best one for the rear bumper that I have seen is made by ICI. It has the license plate light.

https://bumpersuperstore.com/c-1207614-jeep-bumpers-ici-magnum-bumpers.html

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! The best one for the rear bumper that I have seen is made by ICI. It has the license plate light.

https://bumpersuperstore.com/c-1207614-jeep-bumpers-ici-magnum-bumpers.html
Thanks! Yep I saw that one after looking for a longgg time. It's crazy that there are hundreds of bumpers out there and only a few that are addressing license plates like the factory did. It's like people buy a 50k jeep and don't need license plates? If selection doesn't get better I'll just wait for a oem takeoff.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes very frustrating. Those of us in Colorado have to have rear illuminated plates. It would be nice to have one designed to accept the OEM LED license plate light. Just like the barricade front bumpers accept the OEM LED fogs.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Probably won't help much, but I drilled two holes in my licence and used existing bolts to mount my plate. On the @ROAM bumper the angled surface area is nearly the perfect size for a plate.

On the Rear I used bolt lights to illuminate the plate(Very bright at night.)
Roam Plate.jpg

DSC_0929.JPG

Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now there's a good idea to use license plate bolt lights and wire them in existing wires. @TTEChris ..You pointed out something I completely forgot existed. I'm such a loser :facepalm:

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably won't help much, but I drilled two holes in my licence and used existing bolts to mount my plate. On the @ROAM bumper the angled surface area is nearly the perfect size for a plate.

On the Rear I used bolt lights to illuminate the plate(Very bright at night.)
Roam Plate.jpg

DSC_0929.JPG
Thanks Chris! Very helpful!! I like that front bumper. Looks clean. I'll look at their site.

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Chris! Very helpful!! I like that front bumper. Looks clean. I'll look at their site.

ps. Quick qusetions if you have time:
Did you buy it direct from Roam or did is it cheaper from distributor?
Does it come with a skid plate? I'm planning on the same winch from Smittybuilt so yours is a great pic.
If you have a chance (if not I understand) can you post a side view and skid plate pic, that would be great. I looked on their site but not much for pics.
Sure appreciate your help.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
ps. Quick qusetions if you have time:
Did you buy it direct from Roam or did is it cheaper from distributor?
Does it come with a skid plate? I'm planning on the same winch from Smittybuilt so yours is a great pic.
If you have a chance (if not I understand) can you post a side view and skid plate pic, that would be great. I looked on their site but not much for pics.
Sure appreciate your help.
Order directly from them, I don't think they have their distributor network setup yet.
It actually comes in 5 major piece. Winch plate, Bumper, and three lower skids
I will try and take some pictures of it here in a little bit..

I just got in an accident with a Chevy Impala. Well, ROAM rear bumper 1, Impalla 0......
Other than some minor powdercoat missing from the hitch the bumper had zero damage. I didn't initially like the hitches, but after this I'm glad they were there.

20180502_132138_resized.jpg
20180502_134937_resized.jpg
20180502_144645_resized.jpg

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see that the plate is lighted on this one...
Look again.

Lighted bolts. There is an installation guide link on that website I linked that shows them.
Sponsored