Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
How do you like the Westin ? This is the one I was going for ? Light bar and all - looks good !!
Absolutely love it. I have bought their rock rails, front bumper and light bar mount and all of the products are solid and well made. The bumper has a solid coating and so far no rust or nothing, including hitting a couple trees on the trails :) Ill be getting their rear bumper at some point. The front bumper also has spots for rock lights and mount points for a hi lift as is the same with their rear bumper.
Sponsored

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Does anyone know of a comparable front bumper in looks and function like Artecs Nighthawk Mid stinger bumper? They're pretty pricey at roughly 1k, unpainted, but damn if it's not a great design!
jl5303d.jpg

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of a comparable front bumper in looks and function like Artecs Nighthawk Mid stinger bumper? They're pretty pricey at roughly 1k, unpainted, but damn if it's not a great design!
jl5303d.jpg
Ace Engineering has a bumper very similar, slightly different with full-length stinger or stubby bullbar as an option. I was going to buy that Artec one there, but like you, it's damn pricey. Especially compared to everything else on the market.

But I wanted four things.

1.) STUBBY and tight.
2.) WELDED recovery points & Stinger (bolt-on shit does not impress me)
3.) Fog light provision
4.) Winch enclosed or semi-enclosed, not on top and fully exposed.

Seems like, with a lot of stubby bumpers, you get the winch on top if you want lights. Or the winch is enclosed with no lights.

My Ace bumper is out for delivery today. However, I decided to go with a bullbar style instead of full stinger because I want to mount a set of Baja LP9's on the bar. I kept going back and forth. I love the full stinger. But I think I'll be happy when I get all my lights mounted. Hopefully. :)

Anyways, it's this one: https://aceengineeringandfab.com/co...jl-jt-expedition-series-stubby-bumper-stinger

It's the most similar to the Artec. But the Artec does look damn good.

ACEJLESSBBBFL-E_465ef8e0-c08f-4cb0-ac3f-03b3c3e95dc3_2000x.jpg

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Does that mount up the stock factory LED fogs? I like that ACE..I think if I went that route, I'd get some KC lights and try to mount them on top that bullbar.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
@OffroadTreks They say 4-5 weeks based on demand on the website...is yours taking longer? Not sure where all the demand is as I don't see the bumper all that much...
Does that mount up the stock factory LED fogs? I like that ACE..I think if I went that route, I'd get some KC lights and try to mount them on top that bullbar.
So my @ACE Engineering bumper just showed up this afternoon. Very excited about getting this project completed.

Obviously, I need to install the bumper. Haven't ordered my winch yet. And need to order my lights. Plus my Jeep is likely going into the body shop for a major repair, so... I might hold off till afterwards to install it. :(

The light mounting is set up to accept the stock Rubicon fog lights or aftermarket ones.

I'll be installing @BajaDesigns Squadron Pro's using their kit here: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-JL-Rubicon-Squadron-R-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp

2019-08-05-13.37.10.jpg
2019-08-05-13.38.06.jpg

Sponsored

Happos2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
So my @ACE Engineering bumper just showed up this afternoon. Very excited about getting this project completed.

Obviously, I need to install the bumper. Haven't ordered my winch yet. And need to order my lights. Plus my Jeep is likely going into the body shop for a major repair, so... I might hold off till afterwards to install it. :(

The light mounting is set up to accept the stock Rubicon fog lights or aftermarket ones.

I'll be installing @BajaDesigns Squadron Pro's using their kit here: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-JL-Rubicon-Squadron-R-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp
Yay! That looks nice!

Major work on the jeep? Did something happen?

I will be picking up some 35's this week, so next on my list is this exact bumper.

Happos2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Per the website, the ACE works with the Plastic Bumper LEDs. I believe the metal bumper LEDs have a different bracket used to attach them.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@OffroadTreks @Halstem1 Did either of end up installing the ACE Expedition Stubby? Trying to find some more pictures around the forum, but they are scarce!
I did not order yet. I'm still on the fence with what I want. I really wanted the factory steel bumper. Which it had been included when I bought it.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Slightly off topic but if anybody need the sensor housings for a steal rear bumper I have them to sell. Bought them from the dealership before the bumper arrived but didn’t need them. PM me if interested

Freeballs

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
did you ever find out if it fits ? im in the same boat
Sorry for the late response; I haven’t been in here for a while. No it doesn’t fit.
did you ever find out if it fits ? im in the same boat
Sorry for the late response, I haven’t been on here in a while. No, it does not fit.

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Need some help from you bumper wizards out there. Bumpers is my 3rd next mod, but have to plan it :) I'm a stinger guy, so i'm trying to find a stinger, with a hidden winch, but i cant find the perfect bumper yet. My requirements:

• Stinger (strongly attached)
  • Hidden winch
  • Factory fogs
  • Tabs for d-rings
My #1 is the Poison Spyder, but it's a top mounted winch
17-59-010-DST-2T.jpg

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Brawler-Lite-Front-Bumper-Trail-Stinger-Tab-p/17-59-010-dst.htm

#2 is the Artec. It looks really well made, but isnt a traditional stinger, more of a bull. This was almost my #1, but i like the Stinger shape better
upload_2019-8-11_16-43-21.png

https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_NightHawk_Tube_Front

#3 is Genrite, but doesnt have factory fog holes.
FBB-8155-1200__89119.1552423971.675.800.jpg

https://genright.com/products/ultra-clearance-jl-front-bumper-w-boulder-stinger-aluminum.html

Does anyone know about any that i may be missing or have any other ideas? Another option might be to just get a bumper, then have a piece of steel bent and welded.

e-pill

First Name
edd-e
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-DOOR JLR 2.0L TURBO STING-GRAY
Occupation
INDESTRUCTIBLE ROBOTIC HYPER FISSION ENGINEER
@jlewissystem the Arctic Industries nighthawk is very strong n very well built. it pricey though, but you get what you pay for with this. it greatly welded together n has lots of options to make your rig shine. though im kinda biased, this is the one im currently saving for.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@jlewissystem the Arctic Industries nighthawk is very strong n very well built. it pricey though, but you get what you pay for with this. it greatly welded together n has lots of options to make your rig shine. though im kinda biased, this is the one im currently saving for.
Thanks for the support! It looks really beefy and makes for a good looking front. I just wish they had more of a stinger option. Still a front runner for me. Hurry up and get yours, so i can see it :) :fist bump:

Yamablu_jlu

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a bumper that had a recessed winch area and didn't hang down very far. After some searching I came across the EVO MFG quarter pounder bumper. Here it is with a zeon platinum winch. Going to make some d-ring mounts before I finish installing the winch.

20190810_205135.jpg

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

2019-08-05-13.37.10.jpg
2019-08-05-13.38.06.jpg
excited to see this come together. I really like the look of this bumper. still debating between this and a mopar steel bumper. Main reasons for wanting the mopar are I like the look, I like the fog lights placed outside the headlights, and I like that I can add a winch later. But this bumper looks sweet. and the cost. I could get this and a winch for the price of the mopar bumper only. and would still need to add a winch plate and figure out the fog lights because they don't bolt up directly.
Sponsored