Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Lol! The first cut is the hardest. I hope extreme terrain wasn't just assuming that the jk version would fit the jl. Aren't the fogs different from jk to jl? I haven't seen anything regarding this bumper on poison spyder's fb page.
Yeah, I've always had frame chop bumpers on my JK and after I started I never looked back... Then came cutting off all the factory suspension mounts for coilovers. I hope to avoid that on the JL.
Looking at the back of their bumper compared to my JL, the mounting points for the foglights do seem to be different... Damn...
Sponsored

JT_JLU_Rubi

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Has anyone installed any of the Barricade bumpers for the JL? Extreme Terrain just released Barricade bumpers that are supposedly specific to the JL. Reviews say that Barricade makes decent middle of the road bumper so I might give it a shot.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have experience with TJM bumpers?

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully we see some release pictures after this weekend but I went ahead today and put in an order for the Aluminum lowered winch Mid-width bumper from RockHard4x4 with their Roadmaster towbar brackets. Wish there were more options that were top rated but this one should be an awesome addition to our sport.

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do we know if front bumpers from a JK will fit on a JL with no additional modifications or changes? The bumper list in the first post shows the Poison Spyder front bumpers on Northridge 4x4 but they aren't on the actual Poison Spyder site

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Do we know if front bumpers from a JK will fit on a JL with no additional modifications or changes? The bumper list in the first post shows the Poison Spyder front bumpers on Northridge 4x4 but they aren't on the actual Poison Spyder site
The vast majority of front JK bumpers will fit fine.

Rear bumpers however will not.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Rear bumpers however will not.
What exactly is the hang up with compatibility of rear JK bumpers on the JL? Is it the mounting holes or is the rear frame on the JL wider than the JK?

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
What exactly is the hang up with compatibility of rear JK bumpers on the JL? Is it the mounting holes or is the rear frame on the JL wider than the JK?
That I do not know. I have just seen countless fellas (fab shops included) stating that rear JK bumpers do not fit on the JL.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That I do not know. I have just seen countless fellas (fab shops included) stating that rear JK bumpers do not fit on the JL.
Darn, I was hoping for specifics on how it "did not fit".

Sponsored

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Would you mind adding us to the bumpers list?

We've also got the 1st JL Long Arm Kit out there and our front bumper has the shortest overhang plausible without cutting the frame rails (integrated full size winch mount). ROAM Offroad

<images are attached below>

ROAM JL Front Bumper, preproduction B5.jpg

ROAM JL Front Bumper 1920x480.jpg

ROAM Tire Carrier 1920x1000.jpg

ROAM Offroad - Stubby Front Bumper and Long Arm 4-Link Suspension System C06.jpg

ROAM Offroad - Stubby Front Bumper and Long Arm 4-Link Suspension System C05.jpg

JT_JLU_Rubi

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Installed the Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper yesterday. Everything went on easily and the instructions were fine. The only difference is that the instructions say to use a m19 socket for the 8 main bumper bolts, but an m18 socket fit tighter. I also never used the wrenches listed in the instructions. The sockets were ok.

The great news was that I didn't have to extend the OEM LED fog lights wire harness. There was plenty of slack to install the OEM lights on the Barricade bumper and plug the wiring harness in.

Photo Mar 25, 4 44 21 PM.jpg

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

We've also got the 1st JL Long Arm Kit out there and our front bumper has the shortest overhang plausible without cutting the frame rails (integrated full size winch mount). ROAM Offroad

ROAM Offroad - Stubby Front Bumper and Long Arm 4-Link Suspension System C06.jpg
Great to see companies stepping up and making product for the new JL. I've got a question and a suggestion or two.

On your front bumper what are your plans for recover points? Are you planning on adding welded or bolt on shackle tabs to the bumper? Also do you plan to add any sort of gusseting to the hoop for additional strength?

On the rear bumper, what is the purpose of the three receivers? I've never seen that before so I was curious. What is the plan for the mounting the rear plate and lighting it up? I see two holes in the bumper where the plate would be on the stock bumper, however if the plan is to let it hang down below the bumper the plate will likely get destroyed when off roading. Also a suggestion with regards to the handle to lock down the tire carrier in the closed position. Ditch it, it looks cheap. It'll likely take a redesign, but find a way to integrate the opening and closing of the tire carrier with rear gate. It's gets old real fast when you have do two pulls to get into the back of your Jeep.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR

ROAM Offroad - Stubby Front Bumper and Long Arm 4-Link Suspension System C05.jpg
Are these bumpers available for order?

Can't seem to find a product page for them on your website.

Added your bumper to the list!

Out of curiosity - can you post more pictures of that rear bumper? Pictures of how the backup camera relocates?
Sponsored