Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Okay, that is /really/ nice. Is that a third brake light in there?
Yes, that is the stock brake light also relocated with the license plate ;) We will be offering kits to extend the third brake light also. Most likely by way of re-using the stock plug with an extension wire for maximum integration.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
It's already available :) As for the relocation kit, it will be out soon!
Thanks, I'm going to wait until everything is available to order.......unless there is a big discount code I'm unaware of :please:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone in the market for a bumper, hopefully the retailer you select will know something about packaging an item as large & heavy as a giant piece of steel. I get a rear ICI Magnum RT from Extreme Terrain, and I receive it in a damaged box. The ends were bubble-wrapped, but there's only so much protection thousands of little Styrofoam peanuts can provide a 100-lb piece of steel sliding around in a larger box. I'm surprised that was the best they could do. The powder-coating on both D-ring mounts was chipped and there are a few random scratches. I've ordered from Extreme Terrain before and I've seen no complaints about them here. It's a rear bumper, so I'll wear the chips as somewhat of badges of honor (albeit expensive), but I'm done with Extreme Terrain.

bumper_001.jpg
bumper_002.jpg
bumper_005.jpg

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
For anyone in the market for a bumper, hopefully the retailer you select will know something about packaging an item as large & heavy as a giant piece of steel. I get a rear ICI Magnum RT from Extreme Terrain, and I receive it in a damaged box. The ends were bubble-wrapped, but there's only so much protection thousands of little Styrofoam peanuts can provide a 100-lb piece of steel sliding around in a larger box. I'm surprised that was the best they could do. The powder-coating on both D-ring mounts was chipped and there are a few random scratches. I've ordered from Extreme Terrain before and I've seen no complaints about them here. It's a rear bumper, so I'll wear the chips as somewhat of badges of honor (albeit expensive), but I'm done with Extreme Terrain.

bumper_001.jpg
bumper_002.jpg
bumper_005.jpg
I had the same problem with DV8 from Extreme Terrain.

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
got my rear DV8 bumper installed today...still have to wire the lights but plan to wire them to the aux switches...
RB 1.jpg
RB 2.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problem with DV8 from Extreme Terrain.
I remember reading your post from September... and it was why I went with the ICI over the DV8, even though DV8 had a rear I liked. I figured Extreme Terrain would have gotten their sh*t together about their poor packaging & I regretfully gave them the benefit of the doubt. The ICI was recommended (thank you, @Bingy ) and I really like the thing...it's exactly what I was looking for. Part of me wants to return it but I cleared my schedule to install it along with some Rigid lighting this weekend. I don't see a handle in the forums for Extreme Terrain, but I'm sure they're a sponsor here and hopefully they'll get the message that their packaging is piss-poor and amateurish. I'll happily pay extra elsewhere to avoid buying from them again.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I remember reading your post from September... and it was why I went with the ICI over the DV8, even though DV8 had a rear I liked. I figured Extreme Terrain would have gotten their sh*t together about their poor packaging & I regretfully gave them the benefit of the doubt. The ICI was recommended (thank you, @Bingy ) and I really like the thing...it's exactly what I was looking for. Part of me wants to return it but I cleared my schedule to install it along with some Rigid lighting this weekend. I don't see a handle in the forums for Extreme Terrain, but I'm sure they're a sponsor here and hopefully they'll get the message that their packaging is piss-poor and amateurish. I'll happily pay extra elsewhere to avoid buying from them again.
Damn, this is unfortunate. I think I’m going to try quadratec on a Smittybuilt.

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Our Slimline Tire Carrier will be available soon: The ROAM JL Tire Carrier Rear Bumper (with a ROAM Slimline Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Carrier) includes a ROAM JL Backup Camera Relocation kit, Center Brake Light Relocation mounts, and a License Plate mount.

ROAM - JL Rear Bumper Tire Carrier - 2500x1080 0001.jpg

ROAM - JL Rear Bumper Tire Carrier - 3000x1400 0002.jpg

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Our Slimline Tire Carrier will be available soon: The ROAM JL Tire Carrier Rear Bumper (with a ROAM Slimline Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Carrier) includes a ROAM JL Backup Camera Relocation kit, Center Brake Light Relocation mounts, and a License Plate mount.
Well this looks nice! I see the holes, but you didn't mention, so I'll ask: does it work with the rear proximity sensors? Also, it looks like that it opens/closes with the tailgate. Is this correct?

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Well this looks nice!
Thanks for the interest and support!

I see the holes, but you didn't mention, so I'll ask: does it work with the rear proximity sensors?
Yep, those are for the backup sensors. They're placed at a slight angle to maximize coverage and to avoid interference.

Also, it looks like that it opens/closes with the tailgate. Is this correct?
Yes, the tire carrier is linked/synced to the tailgate on the slimline version of our JL tire carrier. Clears 42" tires.

ROAM - JL Rear Bumper Tire Carrier - 1200x0000 0003.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have bought the Roam front bumper and their rocksliders. I will order the rear bumper and tire carrier as soon as it is available. Roam Off-road has been super to deal with.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I ordered my bumpers direct from LOD offroad. I was super impressed with the packaging. The bumpers were covered in plastic, and the package was stuffed in a heavy box with foam sprayed at both ends and the middle. There was no damage to anything, not even blemish scratches.
Sponsored