Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up a Warn Elite today with Warn VR10000 winch. I will Post up some picks once I get it installed
Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, just read through all 33 pages. I can’t believe I cannot find a manufacturer to offer what I am looking for.

• Mid-width front with Lowered winch Mount and bolt on skid, I don’t like the integrated skid like Rock hard, bumper looks to wide to me.
  • Fits oem led lights
  • Aluminum (would like to keep weight down and rust corrosion properties in Michigan is important.) Had ICI bumpers in the past and they rusted up after one winter. Powder coating chipped off like cheap paint.
  • Matching rear bumper tire carrier with the license plate in the oem location. I don’t want to look like the past and don’t want to mix brands of bumpers due to color/texture veryations and styling.
Roam is almost perfect and probably what I am leaning towards. I just wish at least their front bumper came in mid width and accepted oem lights. I can manage with steel as there can be a lot of benefits to sticking with steel.

Any suggestions would be great. With all the choices I clearly must have missed something. I would think the above wish list would fit the bill for many.

Thanks
Rich

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Wow, just read through all 33 pages. I can’t believe I cannot find a manufacturer to offer what I am looking for.

• Mid-width front with Lowered winch Mount and bolt on skid, I don’t like the integrated skid like Rock hard, bumper looks to wide to me.
  • Fits oem led lights
  • Aluminum (would like to keep weight down and rust corrosion properties in Michigan is important.) Had ICI bumpers in the past and they rusted up after one winter. Powder coating chipped off like cheap paint.
  • Matching rear bumper tire carrier with the license plate in the oem location. I don’t want to look like the past and don’t want to mix brands of bumpers due to color/texture veryations and styling.
Roam is almost perfect and probably what I am leaning towards. I just wish at least their front bumper came in mid width and accepted oem lights. I can manage with steel as there can be a lot of benefits to sticking with steel.

Any suggestions would be great. With all the choices I clearly must have missed something. I would think the above wish list would fit the bill for many.

Thanks
Rich
Rich, welcome to the forums. Have you tried LoD Offroad? Or...DV8? There is very little out there if you want your plate in the OEM location. Roam and ICI are the few so far.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Rich, welcome to the forums. Have you tried LoD Offroad? Or...DV8? There is very little out there if you want your plate in the OEM location. Roam and ICI are the few so far.
Thanks, I have checked all mentioned. I am leaning toward Roam.

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
i've got Motobilt front, rear, and diff covers OTW. other than the lack of tire carrier... i love the look of them. atleast on the internet :)

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
ED9D7DB9-BC2F-49C4-A5E7-BC45B8392CC5.jpeg
2F0E1BC8-B87B-4475-B5EE-881E8A050BB7.jpeg
405FDD03-ED3C-4B90-A1DE-7432F1C0AD20.jpeg
Here is what my Warn Elite bumper looks like with a VR10000 Warn Winch.
Thanks, I have been looking real hard at that bumper. I also own a VR10 winch.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Please post some daylight pictures! It looks great without the bar. How well did the stock fog lights fit up?

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please post some daylight pictures! It looks great without the bar. How well did the stock fog lights fit up?
That was the biggest PITA! The LED lights in the instructions did not look like mine. The tabs were in a different place on the light so I redrilled the Warn mount provide. Other than digging the wiring harness out of the old plastic bumper, the install went fine. It is a well-made bumper. I had the same series on my JK I sold. Waiting for the rear bumper to come out. I will get some new pics tomorrow. It was raining outside when I finished.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal

• Fits oem led lights

Thanks
Rich
Welcome Rich. I was going to suggest LOD as well but looks like @Bingy beat me too it. With the exception of Steel I think it’s the closest to what you are looking for. License plate isn’t on the bumper but I think it’s the next best option. I agree with you not wanting it on the tire. Seems like an after thought there. But if you check out some of @Kevin8086 videos or on YouTube Lite Brite you will see why the OEM license plate location isn’t the best idea either. Granted that has more to do with how it attaches but I still thing up off the bottom of the bumper may be better. If you find something better please share. Looks like we may be on the same path. I personally don’t like the Roam bumper bc it doesn’t open with the gate, the 3 different hitch receivers, and there’s arnt any accessory mounts.

Sponsored

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Looks good stickerhead. I’ve been debating whether I wanted the bar on the LOD bumper or not. This pushed me a little closer to not having it

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport, 2018 JlU Sport, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I am in same boat with Rich on pretty much everything. I went LoD. If it starts to rust too fast, (also in Michigan) I am not above spraying it all with truck bed liner as needed and calling it good......

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Barricade aluminum alloy front bumper, TrailFx winch, PIAA 10 inch bar light on fairlead mount. Extreme terrain’s warehouse shipped a JK bumper instead of JL, fit on the frame perfectly, but the fog lights didn’t transfer over. Would have with a JL bumper, which they do have in stock, as long as warehouse ships correct one. Rather than return the bumper, we agreed on a deal for some new fog lights, coming Thursday.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricadeoy-series-aluminum-front-bumper-2018-jl.html

@Trav.city , this is a great aluminum allow front bumper, very well made, powder coating seems solid, included winch plate and d-ring connectors are steel, OEM fog lights should transfer over, winch sits low, mid-width. Not sure if they have a matching rear bumper, but this one looks just like their Adventure HD front bumper. Haven’t found a skid plate yet for the JL and this bumper.

@simpleJL i added this bumper to the list on first page as it was missing, I didn’t know how to (Link) it though.

DAAAEA1D-775F-4EB9-AC01-AA7494CE9619.jpeg

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That was the biggest PITA! The LED lights in the instructions did not look like mine. The tabs were in a different place on the light so I redrilled the Warn mount provide. Other than digging the wiring harness out of the old plastic bumper, the install went fine. It is a well-made bumper. I had the same series on my JK I sold. Waiting for the rear bumper to come out. I will get some new pics tomorrow. It was raining outside when I finished.
What did their bracket look like? Did it provide only 2 holes for the OEM steel bumper's fogs?

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What did their bracket look like? Did it provide only 2 holes for the OEM steel bumper's fogs?
Yes. It only mount on two of the four holes. You have to cut the other two off with a grinder. The plastic is thick on the light tabs and they are light weight so I am not worried about them breaking off
Sponsored