The 2022 GMC Hummer Is a 1000-HP, $112,595 Electric Monster Truck

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Pretty cool tech. I think a beautiful thing about capitalism is all the weird stuff it creates to make the world interesting. This said, I'm still unable to make use of these electrics. It's not that they're not cool...it's just the infrastructure isn't there.

I like roaming - traveling as much as I can by back roads, and often end up in the most amazing little towns. A good example would be Conconully, Wa.

When we arrive in these great destinations, first thing we do is fill up, usually at a small privately owned gas station with 2 pumps or less. I'm gonna be too old to drive before all the great destinations have Quick Chargers and the vehicles, on a quick charge, can do 350+ miles laden and off-pavement with gear.

Gas for me.
Sponsored

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm still going Rivian R1T when it comes out. This hasn't swayed me one bit

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Yeah I can't even see why the comparison to a Jeep. Comparing apples to oranges. I would take this Hummer over a Cybertruck all day long. This thing will find its shopper and crowd and they will have no problem selling every last one and probably over MSRP for the first several years.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
One of two things will happen:

1. The same people who derided the old Hummer brand for being gas guzzlers will deride this Hummer for being too heavy and too expensive, or
2. Those people will buy this Hummer so they can say at parties “actually, MY Hummer is emission-free. I just felt like I needed to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.” And their friends will say “good for you!”
Ahhh good ole emission free nonsense.. cant imagine the energy it took to make those batteries and when that battery becomes useless in the future than what? Landfill? I suppose hummer brand is pulling for a biden win lol... and the wrangler hemi is pullin for trump ha
Sponsored