Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Gimmicks for days..

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Why do the Bronco and Hummer have such massive doors and little tiny windows? Isn't it about the open air experience? I don't think they get it. It seems more about muscle appearance than open air experience. And aren't both with front independent suspension? I would much rather have solid axels. The ground clearance can't be all that closer to the wheels, and suspension reach must be limited.

But of course the competition is excellent.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I think this new electric Hummer is freaking awesome... loads of technology... and quite capable of doing a lot of fun stuff with air suspension ... 3 electric motors and a lot of computing power (yeah.. I have to admit.. I am a geek who dwells in electronic and computer tech ) .... of course we will get tons of negative comments in the forums about range, solid axles, water fording.. etc.... but this EV Hummer is not a direct competitor of the Jeep Wrangler... the top of the line Hummer costs $112K.. and is a 100% electric .. does FCA manufacture anything like it? .. argue all you want.. but the future is electric.. as simple as that fellas.. ( the hybrid Wrangler ... YES!!!! please!!! me want!!! )

It seems human nature is to react negatively about innovation ... new ideas.. new approaches to improving the way we do things.. most of the posts on this thread have been negative and/or defensive... I really don't get it.. complain about the carbon footprint of the new Hummer.. or a future EV Wrangler... but.. we did not magically jump from a steam-powered car to a SSC Tuatara .... what would you prefer.. to seat on your couch and complain like a little b!tch about how many trees were destroyed in the making of the EV Hummer.? or be excited about the recent evolution of car technology? ... Your take..

Sponsored

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Haters gonna hate. I’d take one of these over a cookie-cutter Silverado, F-150, or even a Raptor.

Without a doubt it’s capable, comfortable, practical, and because of the price has exclusively. It’ll be a while before the mullet crowd adopts them, and by that I mean my neighbor can park one on his front lawn. I’m moving.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Let's all say it together... "Mall Crawler"...

I'll keep guzzling gas, at least if the power grid gets knocked out, I can use some of my reserves to get around...

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
112K starting price?? Buy a TRX and have 42K for gas LOL

Other than Hollywood Elites, dont see many folks buying them, but then again the Hollywood Elites can dust off their old H2s and brag they have a guzzler and one which will save the planet :)

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34425813/2022-gmc-hummer-back-ev-specs-photos-price/

1603303868228.jpeg

“GMC stresses that the guiding principle of the program was to make the most capable off-road truck ever. To that end, the Hummer rides on 35-inch tires and has a massively adjustable air suspension. So if the standard 10.1 inches of ground clearance isn't enough, an available "Extract Mode" jacks that up to 15.9 inches. That'll get you through two entire feet of standing water and allow you to scale 18-inch verticals, truly absurd stats. For reference, a Wrangler Rubicon has 10.8 inches of ground clearance and the upcoming Bronco with Sasquatch Package has 11.6 inches of daylight below its belly.”

“Pop out panel roof”
I think this new electric Hummer is freaking awesome... loads of technology... and quite capable of doing a lot of fun stuff with air suspension ... 3 electric motors and a lot of computing power (yeah.. I have to admit.. I am a geek who dwells in electronic and computer tech ) .... of course we will get tons of negative comments in the forums about range, solid axles, water fording.. etc.... but this EV Hummer is not a direct competitor of the Jeep Wrangler... the top of the line Hummer costs $112K.. and is a 100% electric .. does FCA manufacture anything like it? .. argue all you want.. but the future is electric.. as simple as that fellas.. ( the hybrid Wrangler ... YES!!!! please!!! me want!!! )

It seems human nature is to react negatively about innovation ... new ideas.. new approaches to improving the way we do things.. most of the posts on this thread have been negative and/or defensive... I really don't get it.. complain about the carbon footprint of the new Hummer.. or a future EV Wrangler... but.. we did not magically jump from a steam-powered car to a SSC Tuatara .... what would you prefer.. to seat on your couch and complain like a little b!tch about how many trees were destroyed in the making of the EV Hummer.? or be excited about the recent evolution of car technology? ... Your take..
The $112K Hummer will get destroyed in real life by the $70K (highest priced) CyberTruck. I know the CT isn't for everyone, but it has a bed that can actually hold things and by 2024 when the Hummer is actually out in numbers this little company called Ford will probably have had their F-150 electric truck out for 2 years and they will probably have an electric Raptor version. This thing is DOA in my opinion. Tesla, Rivian and Ford will be earlier to market with better offerings for less money.

Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I like the rear and side profile but the front end looks like it’s aged and hasn’t even released yet. Probably like most newer cars, it will look better in person vs pictures.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
A few months before my jeep purchase I was reading about other upcoming offerings, and looked at everything from diesel 1-tons to canyons w diesels. I had looked at everything other than jeep, mostly because my exp with jeeps comes before square headlight days.

I considered upcoming electric offerings. But they all miss the mark at some basic level of expectation. I remember reading (dunno if true) that the ford electric truck offering can only handle 4" of water. Even in the desert, that is useless....driving through Tucson or anywhere in TX-VA you could encounter that much water in the road.

Sure the electric shit is neat, new tech, etc. Go to the national museum and look at the electric car there, can you find parts for it? yeah, well, having an electrical problem sucks in a petrol vehicle, put that in the middle of the desert with an all electric car and no cell service-best of luck.

people are excited about the electric jeep. I have a 6cyl, steel front bumper and winch, rack, compressor, and have actually added enough weight to it to realize that the 4cyl electric already has a HUGE disadvantage to what most people seek in a jeep.

End of the day, sure it's cool, but in 4 years it will be as outdated as last years playstation. It's up for the market to decide if the aftermarket makers are going to support these electric vehicles over the long term. I doubt an electric jeep will retain the long-term resell value like it's dinosaur sucking relatives do.

I don't expect electrics to have a useful life past about 6-7 years. Sorry.

This "hummer" has the usefulness of a speedboat. It's good for an instagram photo.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
someday you will able to buy an offroad vehicle and run it in drone mode. stay home, drive the thing through black bear pass while wearing a VR headset thats tapped into all the cameras so you can see everything from the best perspective.

heck, they'll prolly do something like peloton where everyone gets together remotely and do the rubicon from the comfort of their barcalounger

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
its a cool beast! 1000hp 3 sec to 60 damn......$100+ no thanks.......

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
its a cool beast! 1000hp 3 sec to 60 damn......$100+ no thanks.......
Just to put this into perspective, a 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S has a 0-60 of 3 seconds...and can’t leave the pavement. It’s $128K. A loaded Escalade is about $90K and they’re extremely popular.

This isn’t a truck for the backwoods “yokel” crowd. It’s a luxury vehicle with a specific market. $100K for this Hummer is far more deserved than $65K for a Jeep Wrangler.
Sponsored