The 2022 GMC Hummer Is a 1000-HP, $112,595 Electric Monster Truck

chachimcnacho

First Name
Chachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34425813/2022-gmc-hummer-back-ev-specs-photos-price/

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2022 GMC Hummer Is a 1000-HP, $112,595 Electric Monster Truck 1603303868228

“GMC stresses that the guiding principle of the program was to make the most capable off-road truck ever. To that end, the Hummer rides on 35-inch tires and has a massively adjustable air suspension. So if the standard 10.1 inches of ground clearance isn't enough, an available "Extract Mode" jacks that up to 15.9 inches. That'll get you through two entire feet of standing water and allow you to scale 18-inch verticals, truly absurd stats. For reference, a Wrangler Rubicon has 10.8 inches of ground clearance and the upcoming Bronco with Sasquatch Package has 11.6 inches of daylight below its belly.”

“Pop out panel roof”
Sponsored

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I'm a bit disappointed. Unlike Tesla, the Hummer executives did not show how to break a window in case you lock your keys inside the truck.
Or how to automatically drop a rear bumper in case more clearance is needed when going over water.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Gotta admit , from the video it looks very cool! Price seems very high, but they did sell out of their launch allocation.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They sold out the entire 1st year's production run in 10 minutes (they did not disclose how many units) plus have a wait list of another 3,000. I don't think they're disappointed with consumer reaction.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I haven't looked it up because i'm not interested at all but on another thread somebody claims this thing weighs 10000 lbs plus. So much for saving the environment. No vehicle that heavy should be offroad and will just destroy trails and get them closed. Good news is you'll probably never see one offroad outside of a promotional shoot.

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I haven't looked it up because i'm not interested at all but on another thread somebody claims this thing weighs 10000 lbs plus. So much for saving the environment. No vehicle that heavy should be offroad and will just destroy trails and get them closed. Good news is you'll probably never see one offroad outside of a promotional shoot.
Yup. Going to look amazing parked at the golf club.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
One of two things will happen:

1. The same people who derided the old Hummer brand for being gas guzzlers will deride this Hummer for being too heavy and too expensive, or
2. Those people will buy this Hummer so they can say at parties “actually, MY Hummer is emission-free. I just felt like I needed to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.” And their friends will say “good for you!”