cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
its ugly as hell and its not a monster truck. this is a true old school monster truck.
i'll be happy run over that hummer.
1603330680794.png

Advertisement

neil

First Name
neil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
But can it tow more than a jeep?

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Gimmicks for days..

FunWagon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Why do the Bronco and Hummer have such massive doors and little tiny windows? Isn't it about the open air experience? I don't think they get it. It seems more about muscle appearance than open air experience. And aren't both with front independent suspension? I would much rather have solid axels. The ground clearance can't be all that closer to the wheels, and suspension reach must be limited.

But of course the competition is excellent.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I think this new electric Hummer is freaking awesome... loads of technology... and quite capable of doing a lot of fun stuff with air suspension ... 3 electric motors and a lot of computing power (yeah.. I have to admit.. I am a geek who dwells in electronic and computer tech ) .... of course we will get tons of negative comments in the forums about range, solid axles, water fording.. etc.... but this EV Hummer is not a direct competitor of the Jeep Wrangler... the top of the line Hummer costs $112K.. and is a 100% electric .. does FCA manufacture anything like it? .. argue all you want.. but the future is electric.. as simple as that fellas.. ( the hybrid Wrangler ... YES!!!! please!!! me want!!! )

It seems human nature is to react negatively about innovation ... new ideas.. new approaches to improving the way we do things.. most of the posts on this thread have been negative and/or defensive... I really don't get it.. complain about the carbon footprint of the new Hummer.. or a future EV Wrangler... but.. we did not magically jump from a steam-powered car to a SSC Tuatara .... what would you prefer.. to seat on your couch and complain like a little b!tch about how many trees were destroyed in the making of the EV Hummer.? or be excited about the recent evolution of car technology? ... Your take..

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Haters gonna hate. I’d take one of these over a cookie-cutter Silverado, F-150, or even a Raptor.

Without a doubt it’s capable, comfortable, practical, and because of the price has exclusively. It’ll be a while before the mullet crowd adopts them, and by that I mean my neighbor can park one on his front lawn. I’m moving.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara x2
Vehicle Showcase
Let's all say it together... "Mall Crawler"...

I'll keep guzzling gas, at least if the power grid gets knocked out, I can use some of my reserves to get around...

VNT

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
112K starting price?? Buy a TRX and have 42K for gas LOL

Other than Hollywood Elites, dont see many folks buying them, but then again the Hollywood Elites can dust off their old H2s and brag they have a guzzler and one which will save the planet :)

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34425813/2022-gmc-hummer-back-ev-specs-photos-price/

1603303868228.jpeg

“GMC stresses that the guiding principle of the program was to make the most capable off-road truck ever. To that end, the Hummer rides on 35-inch tires and has a massively adjustable air suspension. So if the standard 10.1 inches of ground clearance isn't enough, an available "Extract Mode" jacks that up to 15.9 inches. That'll get you through two entire feet of standing water and allow you to scale 18-inch verticals, truly absurd stats. For reference, a Wrangler Rubicon has 10.8 inches of ground clearance and the upcoming Bronco with Sasquatch Package has 11.6 inches of daylight below its belly.”

“Pop out panel roof”
I think this new electric Hummer is freaking awesome... loads of technology... and quite capable of doing a lot of fun stuff with air suspension ... 3 electric motors and a lot of computing power (yeah.. I have to admit.. I am a geek who dwells in electronic and computer tech ) .... of course we will get tons of negative comments in the forums about range, solid axles, water fording.. etc.... but this EV Hummer is not a direct competitor of the Jeep Wrangler... the top of the line Hummer costs $112K.. and is a 100% electric .. does FCA manufacture anything like it? .. argue all you want.. but the future is electric.. as simple as that fellas.. ( the hybrid Wrangler ... YES!!!! please!!! me want!!! )

It seems human nature is to react negatively about innovation ... new ideas.. new approaches to improving the way we do things.. most of the posts on this thread have been negative and/or defensive... I really don't get it.. complain about the carbon footprint of the new Hummer.. or a future EV Wrangler... but.. we did not magically jump from a steam-powered car to a SSC Tuatara .... what would you prefer.. to seat on your couch and complain like a little b!tch about how many trees were destroyed in the making of the EV Hummer.? or be excited about the recent evolution of car technology? ... Your take..
The $112K Hummer will get destroyed in real life by the $70K (highest priced) CyberTruck. I know the CT isn't for everyone, but it has a bed that can actually hold things and by 2024 when the Hummer is actually out in numbers this little company called Ford will probably have had their F-150 electric truck out for 2 years and they will probably have an electric Raptor version. This thing is DOA in my opinion. Tesla, Rivian and Ford will be earlier to market with better offerings for less money.

BigGreen

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
112K starting price?? Buy a TRX and have 42K for gas LOL

Other than Hollywood Elites, dont see many folks buying them, but then again the Hollywood Elites can dust off their old H2s and brag they have a guzzler and one which will save the planet :)
I thought the same with the Tesla model S and X but I see those all the time.
A lot of the new giant SUVs are pushing 100k too.

Pingbling23

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6
I like the rear and side profile but the front end looks like it’s aged and hasn’t even released yet. Probably like most newer cars, it will look better in person vs pictures.

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement