Thankful to know Jesus!

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Thought I’d start a thread about Jesus! I’ve know him since I was 12. Made my faith my own when I went away to UCSB. I’m 57 now. I’m so thankful that life isn’t about me and my glory. My goal is to glorify him and enjoy him forever. What has been your experience with him?

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Amen brother! Best decision I ever made was following Jesus, God bless.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Serious question: And how does one obtain salvation?

OP

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Serious question: And how does one obtain salvation?
Only through God's Grace which is a free gift. Nothing we can do will earn God's favor. Everybody is in the same boat!
What has been your experience with Jesus Sean?

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
My point in asking the question was to hopefully open the dialogue that doctrine and dogma divide us, often in immeasurable ways, but also via sects. The body is not to be divided...and if we focus on what is required for salvation alone, then the differences in interpretation and doctrinal differences ultimately do not matter.

The thing that truly matters for salvation is belief in Yeshua/Jesus as the Son of God (YHWH), that he died as the perfect atonement sacrifice for our sin; provided we turn from that sin and try (yet we will all fail) to follow his example.

OP

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point in asking the question was to hopefully open the dialogue that doctrine and dogma divide us, often in immeasurable ways, but also via sects. The body is not to be divided...and if we focus on what is required for salvation alone, then the differences in interpretation and doctrinal differences ultimately do not matter.

The thing that truly matters for salvation is belief in Yeshua/Jesus as the Son of God (YHWH), that he died as the perfect atonement sacrifice for our sin; provided we turn from that sin and try (yet we will all fail) to follow his example.
Amen!

Bran

First Name
Bran
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
That’s it! Faith in Jesus alone. Confess to Him your sin, believe in Him, and then profess your belief to others. That is all there is to a complete change of direction in your purpose in life! He’s the only answer to peace!

madscientist

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler WIllys 3.6 AT
Occupation
Geneticist & Microbiologist
My great grandmother spoke to Jesus all the time, especially after my great grandfather died and she lived alone. There was so much comfort for her in this relationship.

OP

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My great grandmother spoke to Jesus all the time, especially after my great grandfather died and she lived alone. There was so much comfort for her in this relationship.
Amen!

ATO4x4