Thankful to know Jesus!

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Thought I’d start a thread about Jesus! I’ve know him since I was 12. Made my faith my own when I went away to UCSB. I’m 57 now. I’m so thankful that life isn’t about me and my glory. My goal is to glorify him and enjoy him forever. What has been your experience with him?

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Amen brother! Best decision I ever made was following Jesus, God bless.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Serious question: And how does one obtain salvation?

OP

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Serious question: And how does one obtain salvation?
Only through God's Grace which is a free gift. Nothing we can do will earn God's favor. Everybody is in the same boat!
What has been your experience with Jesus Sean?

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
My point in asking the question was to hopefully open the dialogue that doctrine and dogma divide us, often in immeasurable ways, but also via sects. The body is not to be divided...and if we focus on what is required for salvation alone, then the differences in interpretation and doctrinal differences ultimately do not matter.

The thing that truly matters for salvation is belief in Yeshua/Jesus as the Son of God (YHWH), that he died as the perfect atonement sacrifice for our sin; provided we turn from that sin and try (yet we will all fail) to follow his example.

OP

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point in asking the question was to hopefully open the dialogue that doctrine and dogma divide us, often in immeasurable ways, but also via sects. The body is not to be divided...and if we focus on what is required for salvation alone, then the differences in interpretation and doctrinal differences ultimately do not matter.

The thing that truly matters for salvation is belief in Yeshua/Jesus as the Son of God (YHWH), that he died as the perfect atonement sacrifice for our sin; provided we turn from that sin and try (yet we will all fail) to follow his example.
Amen!

Bran

First Name
Bran
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
That’s it! Faith in Jesus alone. Confess to Him your sin, believe in Him, and then profess your belief to others. That is all there is to a complete change of direction in your purpose in life! He’s the only answer to peace!

madscientist

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler WIllys 3.6 AT
Occupation
Geneticist & Microbiologist
My great grandmother spoke to Jesus all the time, especially after my great grandfather died and she lived alone. There was so much comfort for her in this relationship.

OP

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My great grandmother spoke to Jesus all the time, especially after my great grandfather died and she lived alone. There was so much comfort for her in this relationship.
Amen!

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Thought I’d start a thread about Jesus! I’ve know him since I was 12. Made my faith my own when I went away to UCSB. I’m 57 now. I’m so thankful that life isn’t about me and my glory. My goal is to glorify him and enjoy him forever. What has been your experience with him?
Amen brother! Awesome testimony too.

I was raised in a very strong Christian household. Actually, a majority of my entire family are almost all, very devout followers of Christ.

I went to Christian school almost all of my school years. With the exception being 1/2 of my 7th grade year, all of my 8th grade year (I wanted to see what public school was like. It made me appreciate going to Christian school up until part of my 7th grade year a lot more.) and then in 12th grade, my senior year.

For my Senior year, my Dad had got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis back when I was in 9th grade and just starting high school. My Dad was drafted into the Army and sent to Vietnam about a year after he and my Mom got married. While over in Vietnam, my Dad was sprayed with agent orange and his multiple sclerosis was linked directly to it. Overnight we literally lost almost everything as a family. My Dad had always been a long distance truck driver and in addition to losing his health, he also lost his career. We had to sell our house and move in with my Grandparents in a 2 bedroom mobile home. I had to either sleep on the floor or onto the couch. My Uncle and Aunt, as well as my Grandparents were paying my way to continue going to the Christian high school that I was attending but I knew that it was a burden on everyone so my Senior year, I made the decision to go back to public school again, for my last and final year of high school.

With me, I accepted Christ in kindergarten during chapel. I then got baptized a few years later at church.

I love Jesus very much but still struggle in a few areas of my walk with Christ. But I am very grateful that He knew every sin that every person would ever commit and still chose to willingly pay the price for our sins and die on the cross for us. While my family has had its ups and downs and struggles, Jesus has been very good to us and has blessed mine and my families lives far more than we will have ever deserved.

OP

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So awesome that you and your family stayed close to Jesus in all your trials. He has met me in mine as well, sometimes in ways I would never expect. In my early 20's I wanted the Lord to pour out his love on me. Instead he put a College Pastor, Dave in my life who counseled me for over four years no charge. I now do feel the overwhelming love the Jesus has for me. Looking back, the Lord did such a good job loving me through Dave.

I think struggling with sin is a good sign. We all have it in our lives. We can choose to ignore it and let if fester or fight it. I have limited the time I am on the internet and have chosen not to have a smart phone. At home I only have an hour I can spend on line. I also am only able to visit about ten different web sites. I'm so stoked. I am reading so much more which I really enjoy. I am reading a really good book on racial justice called, The Myth of Equality by a pastor out of Oregon. I am thankful that Jesus is all about justice. He justified us to the father through his death and resurrection!

Last edited:
Hothead Headliners