Sponsored

Thank You to the Forum!!

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I've driven a Lexus LX570 a few times and It seemed quite leisurely with the throttle programming. You'd really have to mash the gas pedal down to get anything more than a gentle glide (or a different drive mode that I didn't have time to find.)

The 392 is the better choice if you like acceleration, lol.

Honestly, acceleration wasn't my goal. It was the cool Jeep look that got me. Drop a V8 in a Jeep? Sold! I don't race around town in my 392 because the engine is very powerful and the Jeep really isn't designed to handle all that power. The body/frame/drivetrain would soon start wearing out like crazy if I raced around.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, acceleration wasn't my goal. It was the cool Jeep look that got me. Drop a V8 in a Jeep? Sold! I don't race around town in my 392 because the engine is very powerful and the Jeep really isn't designed to handle all that power. The body/frame/drivetrain would soon start wearing out like crazy if I raced around.
I'd probably worry more about high speed impacts than wear and tear, lol. But my truck before my Jeep had a Hemi and it was fun even with normal driving and not going heavy on the throttle. I can Imagine that 392 is more of the same.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I'd probably worry more about high speed impacts than wear and tear, lol. But my truck before my Jeep had a Hemi and it was fun even with normal driving and not going heavy on the throttle. I can Imagine that 392 is more of the same.
Yes, let me tell you that 392 with XR package makes for interesting highway speed driving. I feel like I'm sitting up high on a narrow throne going 75MPH down the road. I'm constantly on alert and careful not to turn the wheel too sharply at that speed so I don't roll. It's really not a highway cruiser and really not designed for those speeds. It's just a unique novelty to have a 392 in a Wrangler, since last time a V8 was in one was around 1982 or so. And will probably never happen again after this run is over in '23 or '24.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, let me tell you that 392 with XR package makes for interesting highway speed driving. I feel like I'm sitting up high on a narrow throne going 75MPH down the road. I'm constantly on alert and careful not to turn the wheel too sharply at that speed so I don't roll. It's really not a highway cruiser and really not designed for those speeds. It's just a unique novelty to have a 392 in a Wrangler, since last time a V8 was in one was around 1982 or so. And will probably never happen again after this run is over in '23 or '24.
I haven't driven one yet, but I can imagine the non XR with 3.73 gears might be a slightly better highway cruiser.

That opinion is subject to change if I ever get to drive one, lol.
Sponsored