Thank you Jeep (no, really)

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I got that too when I got my gladiator in 2021.
Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Got one after my 2019 purchase. It seemed like the package came from corporate, but maybe it was sent or just initiated by the dealer. Nothing for my 22, but color is the same, so the pen is still usable.

My wife received a leather Jeep keychain after we bought her 2020. I was a little disappointed because I was expecting a paint pen.

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I received one shortly after taking delivery in August 2018. I don't think its enough though to do the hinges, 3 doors, the hood and the windshield frame. I might need to thin it out to make it last.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Picked up the new JLU in October. Just randomly received a touch up paint pen in the mail four months later. Much appreciated 👍

20230214_215300.jpg

20230214_215631.jpg
Thanks for your post!

I'm on my second Jeep. Have the Rubi '22 now because of the wonderful help I got from @JeepCares and their referral to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Cares. It was a rough path with the first dealer until I got that help.

JLUR '22! It's wonderful.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It's been several months since I picked up my Jeep and haven't received anything at all from them in the mail. Just a couple dumb uConnect emails and no other communication, which is really strange compared to other past new vehicle purchases. No welcome to the fam, no thank you, nothing.

Heck, I ordered a Jeep brochure almost 2 years ago and still haven't received that either.
My thinking is that I just happened to choose a great dealer to order through. Not only did I get an immediate haggle free 8% below invoice offer on a factory order, but I got the paint pen about a week after, a hand written thank you letter from the gm (signed by all employees involved), and birthday cards for the first 2 years stuffed with dealer coupons. Being on the property for a few hours while paperwork was being put together, I ended up chatting with a couple of their lead techs. They actually seemed happy to be mechanics, making enthusiastic comments about Jeeps in general and the "interesting" training courses that the dealer hosts for new design and technology changes.

It's a shame that they're about 3 hours away from me, as it's very rare to find a business filled with people who really seem to like and enjoy what they do.

I dealt with their internet sales manager, who was a great guy to deal with. He left the dealer shortly before covid became a thing, and I only knew about it because of the letter he sent out to thank me again for the business and to provide contact info to his replacement for any of my future needs. He stated that he was moving his family to another state and he'd be at another dealer, but didn't specify where. I read that as a classy and decent move, not trying to pull my business with him. The birthday cards and regular "we're here to help" emails stopped after that. Not sure if it's because he left, or due to the covid restrictions that mangled new york.

Didn't mean to babble this much. It seems to just boil down to how good of a dealer we happen to deal with. I just happened to land on one that not only provided a great deal on my order and a higher than expected trade in, but great follow up.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
My thinking is that I just happened to choose a great dealer to order through. Not only did I get an immediate haggle free 8% below invoice offer on a factory order, but I got the paint pen about a week after, a hand written thank you letter from the gm (signed by all employees involved), and birthday cards for the first 2 years stuffed with dealer coupons. Being on the property for a few hours while paperwork was being put together, I ended up chatting with a couple of their lead techs. They actually seemed happy to be mechanics, making enthusiastic comments about Jeeps in general and the "interesting" training courses that the dealer hosts for new design and technology changes.

It's a shame that they're about 3 hours away from me, as it's very rare to find a business filled with people who really seem to like and enjoy what they do.

I dealt with their internet sales manager, who was a great guy to deal with. He left the dealer shortly before covid became a thing, and I only knew about it because of the letter he sent out to thank me again for the business and to provide contact info to his replacement for any of my future needs. He stated that he was moving his family to another state and he'd be at another dealer, but didn't specify where. I read that as a classy and decent move, not trying to pull my business with him. The birthday cards and regular "we're here to help" emails stopped after that. Not sure if it's because he left, or due to the covid restrictions that mangled new york.

Didn't mean to babble this much. It seems to just boil down to how good of a dealer we happen to deal with. I just happened to land on one that not only provided a great deal on my order and a higher than expected trade in, but great follow up.
Hell, I really don't need a birthday card, but I'm pretty sure neither Jeep or anyone at the dealership even thanked me once for my purchase outside of a single automated message when I agreed to the offer and instead I was told multiple times that their 5% under w/affiliate deal was somehow losing them money (which they're now doing 3% better). Nice enough guys I guess, but rather than feeling appreciated, I was only ever given the impression that they were doing me some huge favor by making the sell. I'm super easy-going, but constantly felt like I was being an inconvenience to them throughout the whole process.

Glad to hear there's still some places out there that are willing to go the extra mile to show their appreciation for your hard-earned money and patronage.

Dwightrerskine

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JLUR XR, ‘20 Q7, ‘19 S5
I got one sent to me as well late last year. 2022 model picked up in August.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I'll sell it you for $5.

Plus.....

Shipping and handling: $29.99
Rarity fee: $8.99
Jeep thing fee: $26.99
Convenience fee: $199.99
Inconvenience fee: $299.99
Bastard fee: $7.99
"Should be here by next week" fee: $12.99
Non-warrenty part fee: $6.99
Color other than black or grey fee: $12.99
LED light package: $1799.99
Market adjustment: $20,000
Jeep loyalty discount: -$0.50

PM me your PayPal info.
you forgot about the mandatory 25% gratuity

and then.......

Tip:________

TOTAL:_________

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Picked up the new JLU in October. Just randomly received a touch up paint pen in the mail four months later. Much appreciated 👍

20230214_215300.jpg

20230214_215631.jpg
Did you buy online or from a dealership? They did not send me one of those for my jeep, maybe I shouldn't have haggled on the price lol.

Rick4570

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
I bought my 2022 in July, in August I got a paint pen in the mail. With it was a nice letter about people who use Jeeps to go 4-Wheeling sometimes scratch the paint, so a complimentary paint pen that matches my Jeeps color was sent. Nice gesture! Came from Jeep, not the dealer.
Sponsored