First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
a Duck with a Mohawk, no less.
most excellent.
Thanks, Zouch. The Duck goes with me everywhere. She sits on the dashboard, keeping an eye on the road, along with my dash cam.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thank You For Ducking Me... Cool Jeep Duck
Jeep Wrangler JL Thank You For Ducking Me... Duck on Dash
Sponsored

Last edited:

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I'm okay with the duck thing, but the hash tag/Facebook part of it went too far. The originator got all high-feeling, monetization and drama ensued, and it turned into a shit show.

If you wanna duck, duck. But I'm opting out of the social media aspect of it.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I'm okay with the duck thing, but the hash tag/Facebook part of it went too far. The originator got all high-feeling, monetization and drama ensued, and it turned into a shit show.

I have no Facebook or Twitter accounts, so I won’t be joining in on that. I really don’t care when anybody, except me, is taking a crap, or even where they were when they were ingesting what made that crap…

But the duck thing seems pretty innocuous.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

By the way, is desmo from another kind of Duc?

Sponsored

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
By the way, is desmo from another kind of Duc?
Yes. I have owned three Ducatis ('99 900SS, '03 999, and '11 Multistrada 1200). When I got the 900SS, which had a two-valve motor, I got DESMO-2 for my license plate (for those who don't know, "desmo" is Italian for 'valve'). I adopted it as a gamer tag, and then as a forum name. It kind of stuck.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes. I have owned three Ducatis ('99 900SS, '03 999, and '11 Multistrada 1200). When I got the 900SS, which had a two-valve motor, I got DESMO-2 for my license plate (for those who don't know, "desmo" is Italian for 'valve'). I adopted it as a gamer tag, and then as a forum name. It kind of stuck.
That’s cool! I bought an ST4 in ‘99 and made my email address duckmanst4, current bike is a Scrambler.
Gregj

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
In the winter I miss my 1198. When i am in stop and go traffic in the summer, and it is high 90’s, i do NOT miss that under seat exhaust….

i got a duck a several month ago on my ocean blue JLUS. I was really sad when i ordered my 21 4xe, and that was not an option anymore.

the duck police must agree, because i have had my white JLUR 4XE for a month now, and i am not getting any duck action.

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon

I agree

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I also have a Ducati! An S2R 800. I wonder how many Jeep owners are also Ducati owners? All I can say is we have good taste! =)

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I miss mine. I have had 750 Pantah, 750 Paso, 851 and a 996S. I stopped street riding after getting hit twice sitting in traffic. I kept the 996S even after I quit riding, because I just liked looking at it. After five years of riding it around the block periodically to keep everything from rotting on it, I decided someone else should use it like it was built to be used.

By the way, the Paso was the best handing bike I have ever ridden. It just had no power and the crappiest carburetor ever put on an engine.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Wanted to acknowledge & say TY for ducking me. It has found a permanent spot in my dashboard tray…👍
Cheers/B

9C9AC9C7-5E66-40A0-B5B0-A7678BCC86FC.jpeg

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got Ducked 👍🏻 went to Padre Island for several days and came out to go to dinner and found this tucked into my door handle

Jeep Wrangler JL Thank You For Ducking Me... 20C03D3C-7D3D-466E-A15A-7165297C14F4
Jeep Wrangler JL Thank You For Ducking Me... 83B303A2-B8E3-4ECB-8514-1351FFA40DEA

Was not sure of the etiquette involved in this so I just snapped a few pics and then on our way back right before we left the island I Ducked another Jeeper, I kinda wanted to keep the duck but decided to pass it on.

Also lots commented on my cool new hat

Jeep Wrangler JL Thank You For Ducking Me... 85AB2F1B-8A06-47D3-B123-46048E69AB29
Sponsored