Sponsored

TFLcar has issues with their Rubicon 2.0

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They took an Outback up Cliffhanger. To get to their original Cliffhanger they had to go through a place where some brush would rub the car. TFL admits that they caused damage to the car (one video said it was the brush caused scratches on the paint, but if you watch the car on Cliffhanger it could have been any number of situations there as well). In addition, the car did not make it up Cliffhanger, they basically showed it didn't do well offroad, but I don't recall them being particularly negative. I seem to recall TFL making a post saying that Subaru basically quit talking to them so they don't actually know the reason, but the BRZ TFL had was taken away right shortly after the Outback was returned so they suspect it was due to minor damage to car. Toyota stopped giving Dave Erickson vehicles for a long time after he damaged a 4Runner.
I had to look that up 'cause I thought you were talking Cliffhanger in Moab.

I found the video and stand corrected - TFL Car is a bunch of morons. All they managed to do was document themselves digging holes and driving irresponsibly on public lands in Colo.

That kind of thing just causes the Forest Service to put a CLOSED sign at the base of climbs like that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HiJinx69

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
I had to look that up 'cause I thought you were talking Cliffhanger in Moab.

I found the video and stand corrected - TFL Car is a bunch of morons. All they managed to do was document themselves digging holes and driving irresponsibly on public lands in Colo.

That kind of thing just causes the Forest Service to put a CLOSED sign at the base of climbs like that.
You are correct on the last point. They did close off that stretch and the TFL guys found another location to do their shoots.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
OK is it just me, or would anyone else here that had engine troubles 3 miles in continue up a 14,000 ft mountain. Chit happens with new vehicles, that's for sure. And the Jeep isn't immune either. But damn, to drive it on up the mountain, and then gripe about the problems you're having seems a bit dramatic to me. Just sayin'........

rubicali

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota in the past, just started owning a JL :D
Did other 2.0 owners experience similar issues? There are quite a few recalls on steering, welding and JT rear axle recently. Hopefully FCA will take note of this and really improve their quality, quickly :whew:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Wow I don't follow them but disparaging a Subaru is grounds for lynching (legally, I'm pretty sure) in Colorado.

EVERY millennial household is supposed to have a Subaru in the driveway for her and a Taco for him. Throw in a shoddily-built track home in a cookie-cutter neighborhood, lots of road rage 'cause everyone who lives on the Front Range is pissed off because they live on the Front Range, and a mortgage you can't afford and voila - instant American Dream

Fortunately I'm not cynical

Anyway, in the interest of saying something about the thread topic, am I the only one who feels even more skeptical about the 2.0 "mild hybrid" system after the video?

And am I the only one trying to figure out how they'd reason that "altitude" would affect a charging system? AFAIK 12V is 12V (and 48V is 48V) at sea level or 14k feet?
Lack of oxygen at that altitude affected his ability to reason.

Sponsored

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
The YouTube comments section of that video is now just a breeding ground of road raged bro taco and 4runner owners preaching their anti jeep attitude. The internet is a magical place :CWL:. That being said I have 24000 miles on my 2.0 ruby and have had no issues. I live in the eastern sierras so almost every weekend its hitting a trail.

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As if Jeep owners don't have the same attitude toward them..... :facepalm:

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to claim Jeep quality is the pinnacle of the automotive world.
God no, jeep quality leaves alot to be wanted. But toyota capability is not the pinnacle of the automotive world as well. Jeep vs Toyota hate is as old as Jedi and Sith hate.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If remembering correctly, their rubi is an earlier 2018 model. If so, its been sitting around for 2ish years of seasonal temp swings, collecting dust with that little red anti theft dash light blinking away, and hasn't seen enough mileage in that time to keep the batteries in the habit. It also hasn't gotten any follow up with all the little teething updates. These jeeps seem to favor having their batteries cycled regularly, or they go stale. Most of the electrical issues documented here that got cured by new batteries, trace back to having sat on a dealer lot awaiting purchase.

Chonch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
This:
If remembering correctly, their rubi is an earlier 2018 model. If so, its been sitting around for 2ish years of seasonal temp swings, collecting dust with that little red anti theft dash light blinking away, and hasn't seen enough mileage in that time to keep the batteries in the habit. It also hasn't gotten any follow up with all the little teething updates. These jeeps seem to favor having their batteries cycled regularly, or they go stale. Most of the electrical issues documented here that got cured by new batteries, trace back to having sat on a dealer lot awaiting purchase.
:clap:

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
That video was a great example of a dealership doing what they should do. Two weeks seems really long for the upgrades, though.
The grille needed a re-spray so that may account for the extended stay.

Sponsored

Shannon

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler unlimited rubicon
They bought a Rubicon 2.0 to put it to the test and do all their usual videos with it. They already ran into some issues.
I have a 2019 Rubicon w/2.0 and have had an identical experience. It was at about 11,000ft but I have no idea if altitude had anything to do with it. The dealer found no issues. I will ask them about these two TSBs. Thanks!

CrazyMonkey4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubico JLU
Did other 2.0 owners experience similar issues? There are quite a few recalls on steering, welding and JT rear axle recently. Hopefully FCA will take note of this and really improve their quality, quickly :whew:

Yep, I've had an issue and the video was actually pretty helpful with confirming the TSB's that are needed. Here's a related thread where owners have been talking about the same issue: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/low-voltage-issue-on-the-2-0l-turbo-boost-lag.33154/

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
the V6 pentastar is proven great engine made by Chrysler for Jeeps. The 2.0 is the product of synergy between FIAT and Chrysler. Just like the Renegade now has an option for a 1.4 Turbo that's the same in the "sporty" version of the Fiat 500 or whatever that tiny car is called. Renegade is the perfect example of synergy, a fiat and a wrangler had a horrible baby.The 2.0 turbo It is a FIAT engine guys :puke:, and I actually hate they're using them on Wranglers, as Wranglers should remain untouched from Fiat, mess with anything else but not with Wranglers please. the 2.0 comes from Alfa Romeos. Fiat has been a terrible car manufacturer for history, so I don't expect things changing for the best... But to be fair, and open minded, if Chrysler does one thing well it is engines, so maybe (hopefully) these new Fiat engines will be better and the 2.0 will only have minor issues like the pentastar did when it was first created, and it'll turn into a great little engine. Time will tell.

"

The FCA Global Medium Engine is a family of engines created by the powertrain division of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles group and in production since 2016.

"

Have you noticed a LOT of the issues with the wrangler are related to Fiat stuff? like the start/stop system, the 2.0 engine, etc...?
Sponsored