TFLcar has issues with their Rubicon 2.0

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Can't speak to longevity of the 2.0L yet, but 20+ years of jeep experience in everything from a 67 wagoneer up to our new jlur with the 2.0l turbo and I believe this is one of the best engines in a jeep yet. Even our v8 grand Cherokee (4.7, not the hemi) wouldn't pull mountain grades like this thing does, and we get 3 times the mpgs in the mountains. We camped at 10,200 feet last weekend and didn't have a single issue. There isn't even a noticeable loss of power at altitude thanks to the turbo. The off road ability of the Rubicon is a given, the on road manners are shocking with this combination. The power output of the pentastar is on par at sea level, but pull a high mountain grade with each engine and you'll feel just how lacking the v6 is in comparison. Yes I've driven both.
Sponsored

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
the V6 pentastar is proven great engine made by Chrysler for Jeeps. The 2.0 is the product of synergy between FIAT and Chrysler. Just like the Renegade now has an option for a 1.4 Turbo that's the same in the "sporty" version of the Fiat 500 or whatever that tiny car is called. Renegade is the perfect example of synergy, a fiat and a wrangler had a horrible baby.The 2.0 turbo It is a FIAT engine guys :puke:, and I actually hate they're using them on Wranglers, as Wranglers should remain untouched from Fiat, mess with anything else but not with Wranglers please. the 2.0 comes from Alfa Romeos. Fiat has been a terrible car manufacturer for history, so I don't expect things changing for the best... But to be fair, and open minded, if Chrysler does one thing well it is engines, so maybe (hopefully) these new Fiat engines will be better and the 2.0 will only have minor issues like the pentastar did when it was first created, and it'll turn into a great little engine. Time will tell.

"

The FCA Global Medium Engine is a family of engines created by the powertrain division of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles group and in production since 2016.

"

Have you noticed a LOT of the issues with the wrangler are related to Fiat stuff? like the start/stop system, the 2.0 engine, etc...?
I thought I read on here that the 2.0T is only loosely related to the Alfa 2.0T and that it was designed in USA specifically.

mrindiana

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU