Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Rumor has it that the Sasquatch package gives the Ford a definite parking lot advantage. Compared to one that doesn’t.
1628775476013.jpeg
Most definitely! Better to see an empty spot in the next isle over, to shave another 6 feet off the walk to the bed, bath, and beyond.
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL Tommy talks... Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? B8B37D09-BE33-452A-8D46-0FE8A40FFD21
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The extreme recon showed just how easy it is to add 35's to a Rubicon a
Humm.... If it is so easy.....Why not available on the 2-door? Or with most of the engine configurations? Or with an MT?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Humm.... If it is so easy.....Why not available on the 2-door? Or with most of the engine configurations? Or with an MT?
35's have been just as easy to slap on any JL since 2018, that is the point. Some believe that factory is the perfect parts with the best engineering behind them. If that were remotely true there would be no aftermarket. From the release, the JL was built for 35's regardless of whether or not they came from the factory. Jeep has always advertised the rubicons as capable of 35's with no lift.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Because adding options and parts to inventories adds complexity and costs to production within build factories.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
35's have been just as easy to slap on any JL since 2018, that is the point. Some believe that factory is the perfect parts with the best engineering behind them. If that were remotely true there would be no aftermarket. From the release, the JL was built for 35's regardless of whether or not they came from the factory. Jeep has always advertised the rubicons as capable of 35's with no lift.
35's from the factory is only nice for those who will never go larger, or they'll at least burn through them before going larger.

It took me longer to off load my stock wheels and tires, because I had 315/70-17 ko2's on them. 35's don't as easily fit the Sports, Saharas, pickups, and even a guy with an H2 that backed out when it was clarified that they weren't the factory 285's. In the end, I took a deeper bath than I would've with 33's.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
35's from the factory is only nice for those who will never go larger, or they'll at least burn through them before going larger.
Partially true.

But Broncos with 35s come with 4.7:1 gears that push bigger tires better, and wider fenders that properly cover 12.5" wide tires, like 37x12.5 or 38x12.5.

Similarly, Wranglers with 35s come with 4.56:1 gears and a fender lip that does the same.

So do Wraptors with 35x12.5 and 37x12.5. Likely the same will be true on the Bronco Warthog with 37s.

Given that 35x12.5 and 37x12.5 are the top tire mods for Wranglers, I think they cover a huge portion of the desired tire mods with full warranty and no hassle.

Did you factor in re-gearing and wider fenders to be road legal in your comments?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Jeep has always advertised the rubicons as capable of 35's with no lift.
Do you have a link to such advertising?

Jeep's (and Bronco's) 35" tire options comes with:
1 - Wider fenders to be road legal.
2 - Proper speed calibration (avoiding the need for a Tazer or dealer visit)
3 - Proper geas (4.7 for the Bronco and 4.56 for the Wrangler)
4 - No questions on warranty claims.

The above is expensive, cumbersome and impossible (warranty certainty) to replicate aftermarket.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Partially true.

But Broncos with 35s come with 4.7:1 gears that push bigger tires better, and wider fenders that properly cover 12.5" wide tires, like 37x12.5 or 38x12.5.

Similarly, Wranglers with 35s come with 4.56:1 gears and a fender lip that does the same.

So do Wraptors with 35x12.5 and 37x12.5. Likely the same will be true on the Bronco Warthog with 37s.

Given that 35x12.5 and 37x12.5 are the top tire mods for Wranglers, I think they cover a huge portion of the desired tire mods with full warranty and no hassle.

Did you factor in re-gearing and wider fenders to be road legal in your comments?
Factory tires suck regardless of size. KO2S have weak sidewalls and don't work for shit in mud. Even if the jeep came from the factory with 40's the tires would still need an upgrade.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s face it, by the time Ford designs a new top, builds several prototypes, tests that they work, switches production processes, ramps up production, replaces the tops on 4,000 Broncos that were already delivered, and on the 4,000 Broncos that spent months sitting outside, and starts mounting the new tops on new Broncos coming out of the assembly line, Tommy will be 30 years old, married with two kinds, and will have traded his 2021 Willys for a 2028 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4-door....with crank windows 😫

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Partially true.

You edited out the majority of my original post, which was directed towards another members post that had nothing to do with gearing or tire poke legality.

The actual point of my post was to share a personal finding. That factory 33' appeal to not only other JL models but also JK's, pickups, H2's, etc. My particular set of 35's ended up on another JL Rubicon that was readily able to fit them. So like I said, 35's from the factory are great for those who would've done that anyway.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Do you have a link to such advertising?

Jeep's (and Bronco's) 35" tire options comes with:
1 - Wider fenders to be road legal.
2 - Proper speed calibration (avoiding the need for a Tazer or dealer visit)
3 - Proper geas (4.7 for the Bronco and 4.56 for the Wrangler)
4 - No questions on warranty claims.

The above is expensive, cumbersome and impossible (warranty certainty) to replicate aftermarket.
1. fender flare width for road legality is subjective and varies by state. Most use vague terms like “sufficient coverage to control spray of mud and water to the rear of the vehicle” some give a definitive number like no more than 1” of tire stick out.
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL Tommy talks... Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? 35C81AAA-93A6-40D7-A6EF-FDE25B67F070

that’s a 37x12.50 that is basically flush with the factory fender. Definitely sufficient and less than 1” of stick out.
2. I want full control of lockers, sway bar disco, etc so I’d run the tazer even if the Jeep came calibrated for 37’s.
3. the bronco only has a 3.06-1 transfer case to match the Jeep with the 4-1 and 4.10 axle gears they’d need a 5.38 axle gear.
4. Warranty claims can only be denied if they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue. I’ve had ours in for the steering tsb without issue on 37’s. Sure if you are only comfortable keeping your rig bone stock it could be a concern. You could always go Mopar lift and have the lift and tires dealer installed if warranty was your priority.

I know I saw the claim that 35’s would fit without a lift in a dealer brochure back when I bought the Jeep. With the xtreme rubicon package available, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s gone now. The fact of the matter is our 2019 jlur has been running 37x12.50’s on factory wheels with a 2.5” lift without issue for over a year. 20k+ miles, 3k+ off road miles, 7 states, 17 badge trails, etc and still going strong. As far as a regear being needed, the 4.7-1 1st gear in the trans makes it unnecessary. The early jk’s had a 2.86-1 first gear. They’d need 6.73 axle gears just to match the 1st gear high range ratio. I wouldn’t trust a Ford cv locked in the rocks on 31’s let alone 37’s. Let me know if that warranty covers the recovery cost cause I’m pretty sure it won’t.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
That's another thing the Bronco peeps don't understand. They think the 4.7 gear ratio is superior, which it is not because the transmissions and transfer cases are completely different.

The Bronco with 4.7 is not a good thing. To match the Jeep they would need much deeper gears than what is available when you start getting into the big boy tires sizes.
Sponsored