Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I sold my JL, agreed it had the best factory sound system seemed really good. (factory upgraded audio)

I also thought his perspective on the steering between bronco's on 35's vs his JL was interesting... If I were in the market, Bronco IFS with factory 35's would have been one of the things I'd hope would be night and day better over the JL's "guess and check" steering. doesn't sound like he feels there's notable improvement.
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
i really love the idea of the modular top, but its a shame it seems to be poorly made. when i drive on the beach, we pack the shit out of the back and not having the top on limits the amount of stuff i can pack. would be great if i could remove just the tops over the passengers and keep the back on.
I feel like a Renegade-style "MySky" removable section is a better approach than actually removing the whole upper rear portion of the top. The freedom panels in the front do make sense to keep the top size manageable for the JLU.

Also doing removable side/back glass like the Jeep "Orange Peelz" concept (maybe even with a plexiglass option for easier/safer in-cab storage) would go a long way to not needing a truly modular top. The only real benefit to modular at that point is if a massive hole on all sides of the top isn't cutting it for you and you must be naked... but without the glass, it would at least make top removal a breeze (see what I did there?)

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I was jealous of the Bronco top just because it seemed like maybe one person could remove it themselves instead of requiring two. But I wouldn’t trade that for the squeaks etc on the Bronco. I don’t care if my back seat passengers (my kids) have an uninstructed view of the sky or the sport bar; they’re usually looking at their iPads anyways :facepalm:

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Ok guys, noticed at the 19:22 minute that the back seat head rest fold down flat FORWARD! Is this a JL 2dr thing, cuz I immediately went to my JLU 4dr and was not able to do it! I would love to be able to do that. Can someone guide me on how to do this if possible?
Yes, this is a JL2dr thing...

Deleted member 59098

Ok guys, noticed at the 19:22 minute that the back seat head rest fold down flat FORWARD! Is this a JL 2dr thing, cuz I immediately went to my JLU 4dr and was not able to do it! I would love to be able to do that. Can someone guide me on how to do this if possible?
I think it’s like that so you can fold the seat up more compact. I think Jeep found some VW dudes at the temp agency when it came time for 2 door seat design.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a 4Xe? That’s the only one that doesn’t fold flat. All other 4-door JLs do. I just slept in the back of my Sahara during a camping trip a couple weeks back.

If yours is not a 4Xe, and your seats are not folding flat, look underneath. There might be something down there preventing them from folding all the way down.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Can you say "Delta variant" because this is what will be coming very soon.
Ford is saving "Delta variant" for the next round of production delays...

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
Do you have a 4Xe? That’s the only one that doesn’t fold flat. All other 4-door JLs do. I just slept in the back of my Sahara during a camping trip a couple weeks back.

If yours is not a 4Xe, and your seats are not folding flat, look underneath. There might be something down there preventing them from folding all the way down.
I have a JLU80 and my seats fold down flat, but I am not asking about the seat, I am asking about the head rest. Apparently the JL head rest can fold flat forward.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have a JLU80 and my seats fold down flat, but I am not asking about the seat, I am asking about the head rest. Apparently the JL head rest can fold flat forward.
Yeah, this is a 2-door thing. I sorely miss that part going from JL to JLU, but if they went flat, they wouldn’t allow the seats to sit flat when folded down for cargo. It would be cool if it had 3 settings—100% up for rear occupants, 50% down for flat cargo and 100% down for rear visibility without it looking goofy when opening the rear doors.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I thought he was gonna start crying.
I think both Micas, father and son, were upset that after raving about that Defender for weeks, it couldn’t even get over a small ledge.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Typical bronco owner and mod. Kiddie pool fender flares.
I wonder if he has any regrets. Lol
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL Tommy talks... Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? 8090A165-77CA-40BD-805D-53548475142E
Actually, those pieces of kiddie pool just doubled the value of that thing!

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation