Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
BTW, one comment Tommy makes that is spot-on, IMO, is Wrangler’s poor value for money. This has been my gripe for the past 5 years or so.

I find having to pay extra for proximity locks, even after you already paid for remote start or Cold Weather Group, as shameless greed. The same goes for LEDs still being extra on top trim levels.

Bronco’s most immediate impact on Wrangler is going to be for Jeep to better compete dollar-for-dollar against Bronco.
I don't disagree but you could probably say this with 90%+ of the vehicles being sold now. Everything is an option and costs more. Base Corvette starts at $62K or so but GM said the average selling price is around $85K and that is not even with the Z06, ZR1, etc in the mix.

Our Pacifica Hybrid's MSRP was $52K. My Toyota Supra retailed for $58K.

The key to Jeep is never paying MSRP. I hunted around for the best deal (about 5% under invoice0 and with the 4XE I will get an $8K tax rebate. For our Pacifica I was able to negotiate $12K off MSRP + the $8K tax rebate (fed and state).
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My hardtops never leaked on mine. I live where we get rain and snow. Plenty of thick icy roof days too.
Also, my seats are great, I wonder if he knows he can raise the seat with the lever? I am taller than him and I can road trip all day. Plus the back seats can accommodate an adult. The Bronco rear seat is gonna be as bad as a Taco.
Yeah, of eight JKs I owned, only had leak issues once, on my 2012 JKUR after I removed the freedom panels.

Removing the panels, cleaning the seals thoroughly, applying silicone and carefully reinstalling the panels took care of it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don't disagree but you could probably say this with 90%+ of the vehicles being sold now. Everything is an option and costs more. Base Corvette starts at $62K or so but GM said the average selling price is around $85K and that is not even with the Z06, ZR1, etc in the mix.

Our Pacifica Hybrid's MSRP was $52K. My Toyota Supra retailed for $58K.

The key to Jeep is never paying MSRP. I hunted around for the best deal (about 5% under invoice0 and with the 4XE I will get an $8K tax rebate. For our Pacifica I was able to negotiate $12K off MSRP + the $8K tax rebate (fed and state).
But I’ll bet all Corvettes come standard with LEDs, proximity door locks and yes...paint!

I get that “options” are extra. But all features become basic expectations after awhile; LEDs, proximity locks and basic paint colors among them. More so on vehicles costing $40,000 to $60,000.

A $17,000 Kia Forte comes standard with LEDs, proximity locks, and yes...paint! 😫

Last edited:

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
another Youtube video for those of us who haven't had enough, I liked this video it seems honest and straight forward like most of their videos.
discuss as you will!

Without even watching this I’m assuming neutral opinion cause they want hits and followers vs honest answer. Oh and swag and such from both sides of the coin.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Without even watching this I’m assuming neutral opinion cause they want hits and followers vs honest answer. Oh and swag and such from both sides of the coin.
I find their comments genuine.

Yes, sometimes they try hard to find the good in every vehicle, but so do a lot of people buying all sorts of vehicles every day.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It's funny about the seat complaints.. I'm 5'11", so, probably on the higher end of average. I've been suffering with back pain recently (I over did some landscaping work moving large rocks around). It's been uncomfortable for me to sit in various chairs and couches I have in my house. Last Saturday I spent 14 hours driving to Idaho and back and I was perfectly comfortable the entire trip in my Jeep. Ergonomics are probably impossible to get perfect for everyone, the Jeep seats have nailed it for me.
I too have issues with lowerback pain in many cars (I rent a lot for work), but I can ride for hours and hours on end on my Rubicon with no issues. I like the comfort, don't miss the power seat controls at all, and I like the fact that the leather is on the "tough and hard" end of the spectrum.

By comparison, If I drive an hour on my gf's BMW my back starts to hurt.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You guys should see his new video were he took his stock willys on that same trail where the Willys sport 2D is the best value offroad you can buy today in my opinion.
Compared to a base 2D bronco with Sasquatch?

I think the 2D Bronco SAS is the best value. 35" tires, F and R lockers, 300HP, 330ftlbs, 7-speed with crawler gear and 4.7 gears. That is a lot of off-road value there.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Compared to a base 2D bronco with Sasquatch?

I think the 2D Bronco SAS is the best value. 35" tires, F and R lockers, 300HP, 330ftlbs, 7-speed with crawler gear and 4.7 gears. That is a lot of off-road value there.
Yeah, but...but...you cannot get the 2-door Bronco with a soft top, or for that matter a 2-door Bronco until early 2023, per latest estimates.

This is the kind of reality that makes many of these Bronco comparisons pointless.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You guys should see his new video were he took his stock willys on that same trail where the defender crapped out. First time I see the rear LSD in action in a video. The rear LSD has so much bad rep, but it has been wonderful in my Jeep. I've even read on this forums from "knowledgeable" people that the rear LSD is worst than an open diff most times and that it is 100% useless offroad. Insane.

And remember, that's a Wrangler on 32s. Just shows the capabilities of the "base" Jeep. Willys sport 2D is the best value offroad you can buy today in my opinion.
I think the sweet spot, in terms of overall value, is between Sport S and Willys, Willys Sport included.

You get a lot of bang for your buck in all those trim levels.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yeah, but...but...you cannot get the 2-door Bronco with a soft top, or for that matter a 2-door Bronco until early 2023, per latest estimates.

This is the kind of stuff that makes many of these Bronco comparisons pointless.
Agreed. I said in a post early on, that we can only see the true impact of how these two vehicles will compete, when Broncos are widely available off dealer lots with discounts. And when the aftermarket is somewhat robust. That will likely be late 2023 or 2024.

I.e. Bronco may be competition for the vehicle after my 2021 JLUR.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I said in a post early on, that we can only see the true impact of how these two vehicles will compete, when Broncos are widely available off dealer lots with discounts. And when the aftermarket is somewhat robust. That will likely be late 2023 or 2024.

I.e. Bronco may be competition for the vehicle after my 2021 JLUR.
In fact, by your own estimates, Bronco will pose serious competition to JL after it had its mid-cycle redesign for 2023 model year.

Based on what Jeep has been doing elsewhere, I expect the redesigned JL to add a 12-inch screen with the latest version of Uconnect, 360º cameras, night vision (already offered on 2022 Grand Cherokee), much improved interior materials, and a few other items that escape my mind at the moment. These will render Ford's larger screen and use of technology a moot point, and will place Bronco in a catch-up position pretty much from the get-go.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
But he is right though. I mean, the Bronco is not a bad vehicle. It is pretty nice and it does well offroad. It just has a few bad quality issues that may or may not improve with time. Time will tell.

As an offroader it is a great option for those who don't want a Jeep. Or those who want 35s and lockers from factory for a very reasonable price.

It is not about "swag and such from both sides of the coin". You don't have to pick a side.
Sponsored