Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
For those poor souls who just found out yesterday that their long Bronco wait got pushed back another month or two...watching this video must feel like someone rubbed a jalapeño over their balls, and then squeezed a lime to their eyeballs! 😫
Oh man. this reminds me of that time I was cutting some habanero peppers and went to take a piss without washing my hands.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if the 392 was on Dana 60s? Look like the 44s to me, if so, they held up great on 39”s!
I noted it was 44's, but I couldnt tell if it still had the FAD or not

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I noted it was 44's, but I couldnt tell if it still had the FAD or not
My understanding it is the stock 392 axles. No changes

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
One area where Bronco has Wrangler beat is how instantaneous the lockers engage. That is an ongoing frustration with Rubicons; half the time you can't even tell if they locked or not. Jeep is going to have to work on that.

But man, all those warning chimes and bells on Bronco every time you hit a button would drive me nuts! That is one thing I despised on my Tacoma, and am really glad Jeep has never gotten into.
on the bronco, the lights indicate the switch status NOT the lockers. I mean they didn't build the lockers obviously they are using existing hardware. They just don't have a sensor that detects the actual status of the locker. There is no way it would engage and disengage the quickly.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Yes. It is clear both the Defender and JLUR were not aired down enough. Picking poor lines and not having proper air pressure especially with wet MT tires was the cause for most of the issues with the V obstacle.
Yeah, I noticed that poor line at the end where he sat and spun the 392, then backed up and turned the wheel to the right instead of straight into a bulge in the rock. Definitely some Hollywooding in the whole video to bring the Bronco and Defender back up to Jerp level after obvious blowback following the last video from both non-Jeep manufacturers.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
on the bronco, the lights indicate the switch status NOT the lockers. I mean they didn't build the lockers obviously they are using existing hardware. They just don't have a sensor that detects the actual status of the locker. There is no way it would engage and disengage the quickly.
So, now I’m wondering if all of this hoopla about Bronco allowing you to lock in 4H, and lock the front without locking the rear is all smoke and mirrors.

I mean, if they press a button and the locker light comes on but nothing really happens, how can they tell if the lockers are doing all of these other things as well?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if the 392 was on Dana 60s? Look like the 44s to me, if so, they held up great on 39”s!
Tommy mentioned that the 392 only had $15k in mods so far, and just those shocks alone probably ate up nearly a 3rd of that cost.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That video gave a few good shots of the broncos rear axle and suspension layout. I'm curious about what the mentality was, behind locating the shock in front of the axle rather than behind it. Possible spacial restraints in how long of a shock could be used, and getting it closer to the control arm pivot points offset the affects of a shorter shock?

What drives this thought, is the resulting side by side axle brackets for the shocks and lower control arm, which doubles the profile width of lower hanging snag points. Plus, each of the 2 brackets on both sides of the rear axle don't look too stout. Makes me appreciate yet another small thing about the Wrangler layout. Stout construction and stacked, narrower profile.

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I too find it ridiculous that they didn’t bring a Jeep on 35s, especially now that they’ve announced the extreme recon package I believe it’s called that has 35s and 4.56 gears from the factory. Completely illogical.

I mean I really like that guy and his Dad, but sometimes they obviously avoid to make logical comparisons in their videos, most likely to please the manufacturer. They did the same thing when they introduced the Defender.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I too find it ridiculous that they didn’t bring a Jeep on 35s, especially now that they’ve announced the extreme recon package I believe it’s called that has 35s and 4.56 gears from the factory. Completely illogical.

I mean I really like that guy and his Dad, but sometimes they obviously avoid to make logical comparisons in their videos, most likely to please the manufacturer. They did the same thing when they introduced the Defender.
I think they will take whatever they can get their hands on fast. They want to be first with the video. In this case, the same Steve guy owned the Land Rover and the monster Rubicon. So I’m sure it was convenient.

Having said that, it can’t be that difficult to locate a Rubicon on 35s.

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Those new Defenders are down right useless. It’s sad what Land Rover turned the Defender into.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The stock Rubicon looks so much more at ease on the trail than the Bronco.
Sponsored