JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Why not a Wrangler on 35's? One day they will get it right.
because we all know Tommy is not so secretly making Jeep look good in all his videos, and maybe he's trying to get a rise out of the Bronco forum guys and gals

the bronco does do well in this video, and the LR sounds good and the Jeep sounds great!

I read a handful of the comments on Youtube and some of them are ridiculous

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
This was an entertaining video. That the Bronco is compared to these heavily modified vehicles in the first place frames the result as a win for Ford. And with 35s from factory it is in many ways. This one is more on the entertainment side. Will just say, that LR does look pretty awesome.

What will be most interesting though is Bronco Sasquatch vs Wrangler Xtreme when Jeep releases. That would be the most truly apples to apples comparison. I suspect they will both perform well but I suspect that the going assessment of each vehicles' strengths and weaknesses will simply be highlighted once again. Bronco better at faster desert speeds and highway. Jeep better at rocks, ruts, narrow tracks and other slower wheeling. Bronco can disconnect sway bars mid flex. Jeep can keep all wheels on the ground in far more situations.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
What will be most interesting though is Bronco Sasquatch vs Wrangler Xtreme when Jeep releases. That would be the most truly apples to apples comparison. I suspect they will both perform well but I suspect that the going assessment of each vehicles' strengths and weaknesses will simply be highlighted once again. Bronco better at faster desert speeds and highway. Jeep better at rocks, ruts, narrow tracks and other slower wheeling. Bronco can disconnect sway bars mid flex. Jeep can keep all wheels on the ground in far more situations.
Yeah, not everyone lives in Colorado. "Off road" does not mean "rock crawling" to everybody.

I sometimes tune into the "Truck King" YouTube channel, and their off road testing typically involves more mud and ruts. I often see it in the comments that viewers love seeing thank kind of off road testing, as it is more relatable to them, since they don't drive over huge rocks when they go off road in their area.

For example, the Defender shown here might be fantastic in muddy ruts. It has good power, good traction control system, good tread pattern, and tons of ground clearance under the centre of the vehicle, without the low hanging differentials you get in a straight axle vehicle. Its lack of articulation might not hold it back as much in that environment.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That type of off-roading is pretty common west of the Rockies, not just in Colorado. Those trails look very similar to those I’m used to, so I can totally relate.

Gawd that Land Rover on three wheels was a major pucker moment. I’m sure that guy Steve saw his entire career at Land Rover flash before his eyes... 😫 That footage captures perfectly why articulation is so important!

And yes, I agree: they should have included a Wrangler on 35s! Who the hell cares about 39s...? Unless they are trying to show Bronco wannabe-owners “look how easy you can mount 39s on a Jeep...”

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This was an entertaining video. That the Bronco is compared to these heavily modified vehicles in the first place frames the result as a win for Ford. And with 35s from factory it is in many ways. This one is more on the entertainment side. Will just say, that LR does look pretty awesome.

Agreed. It will be a more valid comparison. But it will really tell us anything that we don’t already know?

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
The prior video with the Bronco had it up against a stock Defender and Rubicon 4XE. The 4XE on 33s had no issues going where the Bronco went, if anything being slightly smaller it had line choices where the Bronco didn't. I suspect they didn't bring it along as it would have kept up here as well, and they're trying to hype that they've trying to ride the current interest in the First Edition Sasquatch Bronco instead of show off the Jeep.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
That type of off-roading is pretty common west of the Rockies, not just in Colorado. Those trails look very similar to those I’m used to, so I can totally relate.

Gawd that Land Rover on three wheels was a major pucker moment. I’m sure that guy Steve saw his entire career at Land Rover flash before his eyes... 😫 That footage captures perfectly why articulation is so important!

And yes, I agree: they should have included a Wrangler on 35s! Who the hell cares about 39s...? Unless they are trying to show Bronco wannabe-owners “look how easy you can mount 39s on a Jeep...”
Lol. Steve owns the LR also. From what I’ve read on the 392 FB group that TFL meet up didn’t start out as a true comparison vid. He planned to take his newly modded 392 and LR out for some test runs and it went from there :)

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
For those poor souls who just found out yesterday that their long Bronco wait got pushed back another month or two...watching this video must feel like someone rubbed a jalapeño over their balls, and then squeezed a lime to their eyeballs! 😫

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I sometimes tune into the "Truck King" YouTube channel, and their off road testing typically involves more mud and ruts. I often see it in the comments that viewers love seeing thank kind of off road testing, as it is more relatable to them, since they don't drive over huge rocks when they go off road in their area.
TFL tests a lot of Subarus in these sort of conditions. Seem that they perform very well on rough fire/logging roads. All Subarus have IFS like the Bronco (front only) and Defender (all around).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
“Steve wanted to build this Land Rover to show the world what Defender can do...”

Right. With the amount of modifications Steve had to do just to fit 35s, it is like Pamela Anderson undergoing plastic surgery, Botox shots and liposuction to be on a remake of Baywatch...

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
I suspect they didn't bring it along as it would have kept up here as well, and they're trying to hype that they've trying to ride the current interest in the First Edition Sasquatch Bronco instead of show off the Jeep.
Actually, I think they had to return the Wrangler to Jeep, as their time with the press vehicle had come to an end. They did not own the 4xe.
Sponsored