Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
While he claims the bronco is just as capable, I don’t believe he believes that. It’s not too expensive to take off-road. They have money, and don’t need to sell their bronco to do trips. Adding recovery gear isn’t more expensive than his depreciation. They’ve done plenty videos with the “expensive” bronco and JLs. The bottom line is you buy what you want to drive and what gets the job done.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
I agree with @Industrialwrench. IF you watch the vid, the "reason" given is NOT performance. Well, if it performs so well, and you really like it, why wouldn't you keep it.

He says it's for the "recovery crew" to drive. So, does he really mean that the JP will be easier for his crew to drive off road? Easier for his crew to get the job done...that is getting into all the spots he will take the other off-road vehicles.

Does he not trust that the Bronco can keep up with the other vehicles.

Or as he says, the Bronco is too nice and expensive to take offroad. I understand not wanting to "beat" a vehicle up, but isn't that what they are all about?

MAYBE they just want the $$ that it will bring in at their auction...and the "hits" they will get from the title!

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I agree with @Industrialwrench. IF you watch the vid, the "reason" given is NOT performance. Well, if it performs so well, and you really like it, why wouldn't you keep it.

He says it's for the "recovery crew" to drive. So, does he really mean that the JP will be easier for his crew to drive off road? Easier for his crew to get the job done...that is getting into all the spots he will take the other off-road vehicles.

Does he not trust that the Bronco can keep up with the other vehicles.

Or as he says, the Bronco is too nice and expensive to take offroad. I understand not wanting to "beat" a vehicle up, but isn't that what they are all about?

MAYBE they just want the $$ that it will bring in at their auction...and the "hits" they will get from the title!
They don't really truly beat up their long term review vehicles. They drive them around their off road farm, and take a trip or 2 to Moab and do some of the easy stuff. It sounds like they have plans for a trip where vehicle damage is expected, and they dont want to crash a vehicle they never intended to keep forever in the first place.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh, I still remember when Tommy was this quiet, unassuming kid. He truly was a breath of fresh air. But he has become one of the biggest drama queens on YouTube. TFL in general seems desperate for clicks these days.

Sorry, TFL, you lost me first with your irrational infatuation with Defender, and then with Bronco.

I have moved on.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Ugh, I still remember when Tommy was this quiet, unassuming kid. He truly was a breath of fresh air. But he has become one of the biggest drama queens on YouTube. TFL in general seems desperate for clicks these days.

Sorry, TFL, you lost me first with your irrational infatuation with Defender, and then with Bronco.

I have moved on.
Same.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
That's the problem with YouTube in general. The only way to get lots of likes and clicks is to have drama.

Nobody watches informative videos. Everybody wants to be entertained.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
TBH I've backed off watching most Youtube videos, not just TFL. If I'm looking for some research on a product, maybe I'll check out a video or 2, but that's about it. The Drama, Hype, Clickbait, attempts at inducing FOMO.. it just seems to turn me off.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The only YT car channel i subscribe to is Savagegeese because of their awesomeness, but that is it. The clickbait stuff is too much of a turnoff.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
TBH I've backed off watching most Youtube videos, not just TFL. If I'm looking for some research on a product, maybe I'll check out a video or 2, but that's about it. The Drama, Hype, Clickbait, attempts at inducing FOMO.. it just seems to turn me off.
When you start to see the rest of the world out there and realize there's more to life than following influencers like a drone you really start to appreciate JOMO (Joy Of Missing Out).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That's the problem with YouTube in general. The only way to get lots of likes and clicks is to have drama.

Nobody watches informative videos. Everybody wants to be entertained.
Perhaps. But I’d argue that TFL is becoming increasingly desperate for clicks.

That cannot be a good sign, even if they choose to entertain more than inform.

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They don't really truly beat up their long term review vehicles. They drive them around their off road farm, and take a trip or 2 to Moab and do some of the easy stuff. It sounds like they have plans for a trip where vehicle damage is expected, and they dont want to crash a vehicle they never intended to keep forever in the first place.
No, this was 100% for clicks. You can literally take any 4wd with low range in the trails they go on. Bronco would’ve been just fine.
Sponsored