First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
I like the JK they bought. It's a great build and they should feature it often. Heck, I was out test driving a JK when the deal on my JL happened. Not sad about that at all. Both Jeeps are good stuff. Fred Williams does some great stuff with Jeeps, too. His Dirt Daily has been a hoot to watch. Check out the Coleman mini bike episode!

Tommy's Willys videos were good and watch worthy. I liked the Colorado trail video where the Land Rover kept slicing tires. That's as real as it gets. Running rigs on real trails is much more entertaining and informative than their farm could ever be. Especially when run in groups. The outcome doesn't really matter as long as you get to see them perform together over real terrain. Colorado is filled with all levels of fantastic trails. TFL should own this and use that to their advantage.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
My 14 year old grand daughter can outdrive any of the TFL gang! They should be in the "balloon" business as they produce a good bit of hot air.

The JK must have cast a spell on this guy because I haven't heard one good word about a JK in 6 years!

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Yup. Me too. I loved watching those videos! He seriously made me consider ordering my own bare bones 2-door Willys.

But then he sells it...and bursts my bubble...
If he had bought it with the auto he would still own it , getting the manual will turn anyone off, "If"your primary reason for buying a Wrangler was for off road use . which is unfortunately sad .

Sponsored

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
While he claims the bronco is just as capable, I donā€™t believe he believes that. Itā€™s not too expensive to take off-road. They have money, and donā€™t need to sell their bronco to do trips. Adding recovery gear isnā€™t more expensive than his depreciation. Theyā€™ve done plenty videos with the ā€œexpensiveā€ bronco and JLs. The bottom line is you buy what you want to drive and what gets the job done.
i agree, i literally just watched a video yesterday in which they took a new G wagon to moab, money is definitely not an issue lol

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Have you noticed how many times old Eddie has stalled his Jeep on the the easy trails he has attempted ? even after all his editing . lol
Ha ha, yeah, a lot šŸ˜‚ But thatā€™s part of it. Not sure why people are scared of stalling. You slip, slide, crack, crunch, roll, stall, pucker. All good fun.

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Ha ha, yeah, a lot šŸ˜‚ But thatā€™s part of it. Not sure why people are scared of stalling. You slip, slide, crack, crunch, roll, stall, pucker. All good fun.
A little bit is ok to keep from breaking stuff . But on the 18 up they put a light weight flywheel behind a low torque engine ,with a poor designed clutch pressure plate /master and slave assembly. and for the last 5 years have been unwilling to admit quilt .

Sponsored

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
sure, as soon as we figure out a time your Mom is ok with .

The Chubbernaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Substance Abuse Counselor
Clubs

That's the problem with YouTube in general. The only way to get lots of likes and clicks is to have drama.

Nobody watches informative videos. Everybody wants to be entertained.
...And on that note, here's where you're going to spend the next hour and a half.