Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Not at all. I drive in the mountains often and depending on where you start and end, I can get 30-35 MPG pretty easily. This single test does not show the V8 gets better mileage than the V6.
This fella says he got around 17mpg from IL to NJ... not too shabby, IMO.

Sponsored

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
Silly test. Good luck getting those results at sea level with some hills and regular driving. Altitude has a big impact

having said that, I’ll bet you could get over 20mpg though with the cruise pinned at 60-65.

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
The force required maintain a JLU at highway speed will be the same no matter what drive train all else being equal (same tires and lift, sans roof racks, rocket boxes and other aerodynamic impediments) as total drag will be mostly from pushing air. The drive train in the 392 would take a little more power to overcome all internal frictions as there are more and larger bearings, more volume oil pump, etc. I fully expect my 392 to get fairly good mileage. My C6 Z06 with LS7 (427 cu in) engine did not get noticeably worse mileage than my C5 Z06 LS6 (350 cu in), both could be driven for mileage and easily get 30mpg. Lots of cars with big motors get fairly good gas mileage as long as they are running in the rpm zone where they run most efficient (and ya keep ur foot out of it!)

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I’m getting 12.7 mixed Highway/city on 37’s with a light to medium foot.
4cylinder mode light lights Up on the dash during Highway driving
Sponsored