Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
It's not all that good either, looked like it wanted to backflip off the same obstacle the Wrangler didn't lift a tire.
Yeah definitely no Wrangler but to me it seems like they kept picking a terrible line. Short arm IFS/IRS is never going to work.

On a side note, BDS is planning on making a 6.5" lift kit for the Bronco to fit 40s and to do so they plan to lower the diff from the frame to achieve this. This is not how you should increase travel and height with IFS. We will definitely see roll overs from that kit.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Yeah definitely no Wrangler but to me it seems like they kept picking a terrible line. Short arm IFS/IRS is never going to work.

On a side note, BDS is planning on making a 6.5" lift kit for the Bronco to fit 40s and to do so they plan to lower the diff from the frame to achieve this. This is not how you should increase travel and height with IFS. We will definitely see roll overs from that kit.
I think you’ll see far more exploded front end components from 40’s on the stock IFS than roll overs, hard to roll it when it’s in the shop.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I think you’ll see far more exploded front end components from 40’s on the stock IFS than roll overs, hard to roll it when it’s in the shop.
Currie and Dynatrac will be releasing front and rear diffs. Even then, body roll is going to be way too high with these lifts or spacers. The only way they could properly do this is with width.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Currie and Dynatrac will be releasing front and rear diffs. Even then, body roll is going to be way too high with these lifts or spacers. The only way they could properly do this is with width.
And it's already wide, a long travel ifs added to a tacoma, Silverado, or ram is great for high speed desert running. Adding more width to get more travel from a trail rig may hurt as much as it helps. You'll see solid axle swaps more often than long travel Broncos on the trails once people realize the limitations of the ifs.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
And it's already wide, a long travel ifs added to a tacoma, Silverado, or ram is great for high speed desert running. Adding more width to get more travel from a trail rig may hurt as much as it helps. You'll see solid axle swaps more often than long travel Broncos on the trails once people realize the limitations of the ifs.
Exactly. It's a regular thing with Tacomas, SFA swaps.
Imagine a 7' wide Bronco, gross.
The trucks are better suited for long travel than the Bronco due to the Bronco's packaging unless they make some high line fenders which shouldn't be all too hard to do. But at that point I'd probably just buy a Raptor. That or understand the Bronco's limitation and stop trying to shit on Jeep as if it could even compete.

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl

My experience with BDS lifts has been poor and I don't consider them capable of making a top shelf product. I feel sorry for any naive bronco owner who puts that lift on their rig. If a bronco owner asked me about that lift and 40s, I would say "if you don't think too good, don't think too much."

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
The follow up recovery video has more of Tommy going off on LR for the wheel/tire combo.
Yea, saw that. Angry Tommy is hilarious.

In the new video with 35's it's not all that bad.
Yea, I've spoken with the owner before. He came close to biting it at the V-Notch on Wheeler Lake. Good thing Tommy got him to stop trying.

The owner is the general manager over at Denver Land Rover. I'm pretty sure he gave Tommy the wheels they needed to get their Defender off Red Cone.

Last edited:

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
A fun video. Kind of a shamed he didn't even attempt the first obstacle with the Bronco. Sure, it wasn't going to make it, but it would have been fun to see it try.

Like I said earlier, I think Ford decided not to target the extreme off roaders, and just let the aftermarket handle that.

The Sasquatch package Bronco is going to be fine on the vast majority of trails.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Whatever our personal opinions are, these are pretty great videos for free. They are killing it in my opinion.

but honestly don’t think there is that much mystery about the Bronco Offroad. It’s pretty much what we thought.

it’s kind of like the gladiator Offroad. There was speculation and the reality is pretty much what we thought.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever our personal opinions are, these are pretty great videos for free. They are killing it in my opinion.

but honestly don’t think there is that much mystery about the Bronco Offroad. It’s pretty much what we thought.

it’s kind of like the gladiator Offroad. There was speculation and the reality is pretty much what we thought.
I'm sure the Gladiator with a disconnected sway bar will Beat out the Bronco, except in the same situations that it has a disadvantage against the Wrangler. Breakover and Departure angles would still come in to play.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm so glad TFL was able to get their hands on their own Bronco for real testing. I'm finding it pretty interesting which influencers Ford has actually been willing to work with. Obviously videos with Lite Brite, but all under the watchful eye of Loren Healy. But today YouTube suggested a review of the Bronco with iJustine, which I thought was an odd match. In this video you can see her driving "off road" in a dried up lake bed (you know, those areas where they set land speed records). And around down. I also noticed that when she takes off the front roof panels it doesn't shed garbage like TFL's real world top did when they showcased the same feature.

I'm not hating on the Bronco too much here, but Ford is really working hard to keep the public image in their control. What really surprises me though is the amount of effort they are still putting in for a vehicle that's somewhat unobtainable at the moment. To have an influencer with nearly 7M followers showcase a trim level with features that currently aren't even available just seems foolish to me. But as Tesla proved, if the reservations keep rolling in then the stock price keeps going up. Or in the case of Ford, slows it's progressive decline since June (when the Bronco was supposed to be hitting the streets).

The Bronco had/has so much potential, but the roll out has been painful to watch. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep the hype training rolling for another 6-12 months when they can actually get the product out the door with some kind of volume.
Sponsored