Sponsored

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
The 8 miles dropping to 3 makes sense, but in their previous video fully charged road range was 27 miles. Why was it only 8 at the start of the trail? I can’t imagine it was fully charged. That sounds like the started at ~30% charged, and only got 3 miles. I’d expect the fully charged off road range to be closer to 10 miles.
They probably drove it there only using electric.
Sponsored

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I watch a lot of TFL and enjoy their videos.
My stock standard 2 door Sport with the limited slip diff could do that trail so long as I aired down.
I saw a comment from Tommy saying that he took his 2 door sport on that trail the next day for the rescue and it did great. It will be in the next video.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I did this trail a few months ago, but turned around at the first obstacle. I’m gonna have to try again when I’ve got better rocker protection.

Interestingly, the part where they flex and the bronco lifted a wheel actually comes before the first obstacle. Odd they changed the order in editing. I remember this as I glided over with all tires in the ground and lifted FJ behind me looked like he almost tipped into the trees.

god, those bronco fenders are ugly as hell.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I agree, the Bronco is a capable vehicle and there will always be the "whose better" debate. Each will have their pros and cons but for my eye, the Jeep just looks better.
I think most people buy cars based on style or looks. I don't think the Bronco looks as good as the Wrangler either but I would have considered one if the interior were of higher quality. All of the ones I sat in had cheap looking and feeling plastic trim. The grab handles looked funny to me? And if I could actually buy one within a reasonable time frame. :LOL:

Sponsored

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did this trail a few months ago, but turned around at the first obstacle. I’m gonna have to try again when I’ve got better rocker protection.

Interestingly, the part where they flex and the bronco lifted a wheel actually comes before the first obstacle. Odd they changed the order in editing. I remember this as I glided over with all tires in the ground and lifted FJ behind me looked like he almost tipped into the trees.
When you say 'first obstacle' are you referring to the section where they stacked rocks for the Defender and they put the 4xe's rear passenger wheel into a rock? If so, I believe you may have mistakenly identified the portion of the trail where the Bronco lifts a tire (where TFL does the split screen comparison). In the map below, the pink arrow points to where they stacked rocks for the Defender. The purple arrow is where they did the split screen comparison.
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL compares 4xe, Bronco, and Defender on serious off-road trail RC map

Dead88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Great video by TFL, love their content. Both the bronco and 4xe did great but I give the win to the 4xe, the bronco is just to big and some parts of that trail it looked like it barley squeezed thru. I had a bronco on order but all fords delays made me cancel my order and go with a 4xe which so far I love. With both the bronco and wrangler all it will do is make both companies compete which only helps us the consumer in the end so I say let them duke it out so we can reap the rewards.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
My JLURD is still on order, but I’ll be new to off roading (with a Jeep). I’ve took my super duty wheeling in Southern California when I lived in California but it had a 12” lift and 38s. I mostly race Hare scrambles and enduros here in N.C. so I’m not really new to the concept of roading but I mainly race dirt bikes so it a whole different world.
I’m looking for a place me and my family can start getting into off roading together.
how is the trail in uwharrie? I plan on running a 3.5 inch lift an 37s. Any advice with that trail? I just came across that park while looking on the Jeep trail app last night.
With a 3.5” lift and 37’s you can do pretty much any trail there. The exception might be the front side of Daniel. Your rig is capable, but it’s not easy.

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
The 8 miles dropping to 3 makes sense, but in their previous video fully charged road range was 27 miles. Why was it only 8 at the start of the trail? I can’t imagine it was fully charged. That sounds like the started at ~30% charged, and only got 3 miles. I’d expect the fully charged off road range to be closer to 10 miles.
It said 92% battery when they first showed the gauge cluster.

Jeep Wrangler JL TFL compares 4xe, Bronco, and Defender on serious off-road trail Screenshot_20210728-225056_Chrome

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
When you say 'first obstacle' are you referring to the section where they stacked rocks for the Defender and they put the 4xe's rear passenger wheel into a rock? If so, I believe you may have mistakenly identified the portion of the trail where the Bronco lifts a tire (where TFL does the split screen comparison). In the map below, the pink arrow points to where they stacked rocks for the Defender. The purple arrow is where they did the split screen comparison.
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL compares 4xe, Bronco, and Defender on serious off-road trail Screenshot_20210728-225056_Chrome
You might be right, but I didn’t go past the door brasher (or whatever they called it) and that spot was super memorable to me as it’s the only trail I’ve dance since last November. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
All I can say is that when I saw the new Defender come out, my first thought was "why the 20" wheels?".

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

IMHO 100% stock the Bronco is the winner. The factory 35's on the Bronco equaled the Wrangler on this rocky slow trail. They didn't show how the Bronco is far more capable on higher speed trails.
Wranglers articulation was better but I didn't not see it going any place the Bronco couldn't. For mid level rated trails artuculation is over rated. Neither rig is capable of extreme trails without major damage.
I think articulation is over rated only if you don’t have it. I’d rather have the wheels and axles go up and down instead of the cab where I’m sitting.

For sure, The differences are minimal. Apples to apples I prefer the Jeep because the Bronco gives me a family suv feel looks wise with big tires and a plastic feel inside but obviously capable off road.

The only high speed off roading I’ve been exposed to are dunes at Pismo and Glamis where big tires at low pressure seem to be the ticket and it was in other people’s Jeeps. Not sure they ever got the sand out of the cracks 😊

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

The Bronco has the feature (Trail Turn Assist) where it locks the inside rear wheel so the rest of the vehicle pivots on the locked wheel. The turning radius is greatly reduced as a result. On slippery surfaces like dirt and sand anyway.

That’s impressive. Guessing if I yank on my ebrake in 4 low it wouldn’t be quite as smooth or something bad would happen.

Now I have try it somewhere safe. Off road drifting🤔.

That is a cool feature, I’m just jealous.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
With a 3.5” lift and 37’s you can do pretty much any trail there. The exception might be the front side of Daniel. Your rig is capable, but it’s not easy.
I did Daniel in my Sport S with rubicon suspension and 33s. I had to take the bypass on the first ledge but i did everything else. It’s really only that first ledge that requires a built jeep.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I see pros and cons to both vehicles, but I think a key point is they both made it to their end goal without any huge headaches (minus the Defender).

I will also say that this video was FUN! It was great to see all of them excited and really just getting to answer their own questions. You can tell they'd been looking forward to this for awhile. For pure entertainment, this has been one of my favorite off road shootouts.
Sponsored