Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
That's the problem with YouTube in general. The only way to get lots of likes and clicks is to have drama.

Nobody watches informative videos. Everybody wants to be entertained.
I agree with your opinion and share the same.

The minute a video looks like it’s more for karma than information or instruction, I click the “next video” button. “Reality TV” isn’t real, YouTube (or almost any) Reviews aren’t real.

Forums like this is about the most real you can get. Yeah, some users can’t write without drama but all in all, I get more credible info from forum conversations than some Tuber going for likes, subscriptions and free shit from suppliers.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I agree with your opinion and share the same.

The minute a video looks like it’s more for karma than information or instruction, I click the “next video” button. “Reality TV” isn’t real, YouTube (or almost any) Reviews aren’t real.

Forums like this is about the most real you can get. Yeah, some users can’t write without drama but all in all, I get more credible info from forum conversations than some Tuber going for likes, subscriptions and free shit from suppliers.
If I bought all my camping and Jeep gear from youtube infomercials I would be ruined, over-geared, and unsatisfied. This includes all my Jeep upgrades, my teardrop trailer, and camping gear. Everything I've picked from my own research and recommendations from real people on this forum. Also it has been years of slowly acquiring gear. Youtube buyers have the tendency to buy everything at once without even knowing what they need/dont need.

I have a really nice setup. A suspension I dialed in myself for my own needs, cost me very little money and works great. A teardrop trailer that I can take pretty much anywhere I need it to go with a nice comfortable 6inch mattress, heater, enough electricity to run my fan, lights, charge stuff, etc... just the stuff I need to be comfortable and enjoy the outdoors.

If I went with youtube I would have a tiny ass cargo trailer that costs at least x3 times what my trailer cost me, with an overbuilt suspension, absurd amount of electrical power, and I would be sleeping in an overpriced uncomfortable tent (compared to sleeping in a heated teardrop cabin). A fridge that requires 2k+ electrical to run and a heater that could heat a small house lol. And the list goes on and on....

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I don't know what it is... styling? interior? combination? But I can't stand JKs. I don't even wave at them. lol

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of Broncos, did we lose that well-known forum member who got a Bronco to start his own YouTube channel?

Haven’t seen on here him in ages.

Cycle11111

First Name
Alastair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Wrangler Sport
The wierdness of Texas with almost zero public land drive me to CA - I lived in Texas for over 20 years and their intrusion into your private life is excessive and I would never go back
That picture is my Jeep at the entrance to the Reward Mine near Alabama Hills/Lone Pine CA. Funny I left Texas and you left CA for exactly the same reasons.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Yes, I too was spoiled by the abundance of public lands in California.

Here in Washington State, everything is owned by the logging companies.

The first they do is put a gate with a lock at the trailhead to keep four wheelers out! :angry:
Sadly it’s to keep the folks who haul all their old appliances up to woods, toss em out and shoot ‘em full of holes out. My favorite spot off of Highway 2 became a massive dumping ground before they locked the gate

pkess3

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
A little bit is ok to keep from breaking stuff . But on the 18 up they put a light weight flywheel behind a low torque engine ,with a poor designed clutch pressure plate /master and slave assembly. and for the last 5 years have been unwilling to admit quilt .
This is so true. And especially for non-Rubicon's w/out the 4:1 T-case. I've owned both a Rubicon and Mojave JT, both with manuals, and wheeled both, and I stall the Mojave much more frequently than I did the Rubicon.

You can watch me stall it a few times and explain why:

Sponsored

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
So many haters these days. It’s not like you’re paying to watch a certain channels content. Sure, no channel is perfect but come on you’re acting like a bunch of school girls. I would like the biggest haters to start their own YouTube channel then watch all the hate flow as to how dumb your videos are because of x,y, and z reasons.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of Broncos, did we lose that well-known forum member who got a Bronco to start his own YouTube channel?

Haven’t seen on here him in ages.
Oh god, who was it? Viking Jeeper right? He seemed cool, shame he hasn’t been around.

@Viking Jeeper where you at brother?!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wrong Viking.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The biggest problem with YouTube in general is the YouTubeers sensationalize everything. Nothing anymore is like this is a good place or nice product. Everything is amazing. They skim all the bad stuff as they are to concerned about sponsors and promote stuff that is mediocre at best while claiming it is wonderful.

Look at how many of the influencers all hyped Milestar Patagonia tires… They have all moved on yet many viewers are still like they are great tires, when in fact they are terrible to mediocre tires at best. Then they may pump up a cool place like Slab City when in reality it is a shithole with pedophile openly advertising for young girls.

Some trails that are way overhyped by YouTubers like Broken Arrow in Sedona. You watch the videos, it is beautiful and breathtaking just like every view in Sedona so that doesn’t make it a stand out trail. The trail looks difficult with hard obstacles, well it’s not, you can do the whole trail in 2wd and there really is no reason to air down. Not one obstacle that needs to be spotted. I left Broken Arrow pretty disappointed while I aired back up like wtf YouTube.

We wheel a lot, and was asked the other day what spots have I wheeled that was underrated, my response was it is way easier to tell you the ones that are overrated.
Sponsored