Sponsored

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
I took them down Miller Rock's rated obstacle in that Bronco vs my 18 JLUR. bronco did fantastic. I felt horrible for them just barely kissing the bumper of that bronco on a rock. But I was very impressed with how well it did. Virtually same wheel lift as my Wrangler had.
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
He's not the only one! I ditched a 2022 Black Diamond Bronco and saddled back up in a 2022 4XE Rubi. Nothing necessarily wrong with the Bronco, I just don't think it's worth within $7K of what the 4XE is worth and that's the difference I paid. And I guess along with that, I'm just a Jeep guy. I like the community, I like the fit and finish, and I like the fact I won't be putting fuel into it unless going on road trips.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
While he claims the bronco is just as capable, I don’t believe he believes that. It’s not too expensive to take off-road. They have money, and don’t need to sell their bronco to do trips. Adding recovery gear isn’t more expensive than his depreciation. They’ve done plenty videos with the “expensive” bronco and JLs. The bottom line is you buy what you want to drive and what gets the job done.
Way off topic, but where is your avatar from. I feel like I've been there, but I can't place it. BTW, I lived in SD for many years. Loved it there. Wheeling is everywhere. Especially miss Big Bear. Eventually the cost of living and restriction of freedoms drove me to Texas though.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I have a feeling this change was more about views and less about vehicles. I just dont think the Broncos draw as large of an audience as Jeeps do.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Way off topic, but where is your avatar from. I feel like I've been there, but I can't place it. BTW, I lived in SD for many years. Loved it there. Wheeling is everywhere. Especially miss Big Bear. Eventually the cost of living and restriction of freedoms drove me to Texas though.
Pinyon mountain squeeze. I’m in the mountains outside of San Diego and it is expensive here. But it’s worth it. I lived all over the country. This is the place.

Sponsored

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
I watched TFL for the TRX vs Wrangler 392 drag race, and also when comparing the TRX exhaust note against the the 392 exhaust note.

It was from this comparison video, that I fell in love with the Wrangler 392 exhaust note 🤗

Even my kids during the blindfold test, agreed, the 392 won lol.

I just skip TFL content that makes me zzzzzzzzz, but some of it is good 👍🏼.

I don't think that there is a Wrangler channel out there that is perfect, not even close.

Good thing there is selection!

Cycle11111

First Name
Alastair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Wrangler Sport
The wierdness of Texas with almost zero public land drive me to CA - I lived in Texas for over 20 years and their intrusion into your private life is excessive and I would never go back

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Pinyon mountain squeeze. I’m in the mountains outside of San Diego and it is expensive here. But it’s worth it. I lived all over the country. This is the place.
Heh, yeah, the wife and I used to love day trips up to Julian for the Dudley's bread and Julian apple pie :D It is a beautiful place with perhaps the best weather around. There's no arguing that! :D

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling this change was more about views and less about vehicles. I just dont think the Broncos draw as large of an audience as Jeeps do.
I agree. Roman wouldn't make a change that'd knowingly decrease the number of clicks to his channel.

Interesting fact: years ago Roman used to talk about his education in journalism. For sometime now he increasingly describes TFL's job as "entertainment."

BayouTiger

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392 XR
I think it's important to remember that they got a very early Bronco and were pretty clear in their early videos on it about the V1.0 issues with the top and other nuisances. It seems the Bronco has matured quite a bit since then. No reason to keep one around that they are not actively focusing on when it will bring top dollar on the market. Same reason they turned over the Lightning and TRX.

Get your clicks and move on. I was surprised they did not add a 392 to their test fleet, but they complain about the pricing on all the higher end vehicles they test and they seem to be getting more and more focused on cheaper trucks. Maybe the progression of the Bronco, TRX, Lightning, and Hummer has dinged their bottom line to some degree. After those, the truck market has been somewhat stagnant, maybe they need to save for some of the big things on the horizon.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The wierdness of Texas with almost zero public land drive me to CA - I lived in Texas for over 20 years and their intrusion into your private life is excessive and I would never go back
Yes, I too was spoiled by the abundance of public lands in California.

Here in Washington State, everything is owned by the logging companies.

The first they do is put a gate with a lock at the trailhead to keep four wheelers out! :angry:

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I just noticed that they failed to meet their reserve price by almost $9,000 and didn’t sell it.

On a different note, I noticed that a Jeep dealership a few miles from our house has A LOT of inventory, including Wranglers, now. Their website shows voluntary markdowns on every Wrangler. Nearly $4,500 of MSRP on a Rubicon Far Out Edition.

The market has definitely started turning.

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Tommy from TFL bought a 2016 JK Rubicon and is selling his Bronco.

It's YouTube, channels are heavily scripted, about the cash and perks from companies.
Sponsored