First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yep was just going to mention his old Willys. I think the honest answer was that he didnt want a bare bones willys anymore. Unrelated, the bronco was a loaner and ford wanted it back so they bought a jku till they get another loaner. But none of that sells so they are trying to create drama.
This was probably already stated, but they bought the Bronco. It was not a loaner, and Ford isn't taking it back. It's for sale.
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
TFL reminds me a lot of the "Motortrend" TV show that aired on the weekends. Basics on a vehicle, some cool stuff but nothing very extreme, lots of light weight banter. I guess I'm not expecting much from TFL which is why I still occasionally check it out.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I think the year I bought the Ecodiesel I uploaded twice as many mod videos as oppose to offroad videos. I am building a new Jeep right now so it is the channel focus, and we got delayed on a few parts so I am having to juggle my schedule around a lot.

Unlike most of the other channels who do this full time, I have a full time job and this is a hobby, so I do what I can to get out off-roading and camping but it's really difficult continually going out for 4 to 10 days, getting back late on a Sunday night and then getting up to work all week and editing every evening. The amount of driving we do to get places is staggering as well as everything is far away and I live on an island that requires me to take a $200 ferry trip anytime I go anywhere. I love making videos, but it isn't easy to be so consistent with uploading and work all the time. The videos I make installing and reviewing mods let me be at home with my family more and less tired all the time.

That said, the Demonator should have been ready by now and doing some snow wheeling, but such is life. I'm saving most of my vacation time to explore BC in the summer when the snow melts a bit.

Appreciate you being subscribed and watching the videos, but I just thought i'd share some perspective.

Oh and on the topic of titles - some people don't like them, but unfortunately that is how the youtube algorithm works and the more clickable the titles the more people get to enjoy or learn from my content, but the videos always deliver what the titles say. If I use boring and plain titles, youtube will bury the videos for no one to see. It is just how it works right now with the platform.
Okay, my bad. That does make sense! Looking forward to your summer wheeling videos. 😅 😎

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I've watched pretty much all of their videos. Pro and con like everything. The farm made sense because the state of colorado closed Goldmine hill which was one of their main test hills. They made a video about it.

The farm does a great job showing what the standard SUV AWD soft roaders can and can't do. Rav4, Honda, Subaru, etc. Lots of folks have no plans to crawl on the rocks, they just want to get to a campsite or hunting cabin - in the rain and snow.

For all the Tommy Bashers out there - he was very up front with their business model. They make content, and we like to see new stuff, so it makes sense for them to get something new every year or so.

It also doesn't make sense to use a good looking, pretty paint job car as their crew tech vehicle. By definition the crew vehicle is going to get beat up. They just want something that works - and TFL explains why a Jk with 60k miles is pretty reliable - and they don't care if it gets scratched up.

Their difflock series was cool - low budget off roading.
The series where they went to the tallest point in all 50 states was cool.
I actually really liked the Defender series. And anytime Tommy's two-door JL makes an appearance, I always appreciate it. I actually like watching the TFL truck channel a lot lately, the videos with Casey and/or Andre are usually my favorite.

Yeah at the farm definitely makes sense in some ways, but it would be nice to see them doing a few more tests on more serious trails. I'm jealous of their 60K JK. The AEV mods on there. I believe he said they still had the original sticker sheet, said the 2016 JK Rubicon was $48,000 with another $20,000 in AEV mods. And they got it for under $40,000, that's just nuts! 😍

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I like watching Rory Irish’s trail mater channel. You can learn a lot from just observing that guy.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I lold at tommy saying the bronco can do anything the wrangler can do.

as far as beating up the bronco etc, its all a business expense. If they sell it at a loss, im sure they can write that off somehow. Modifying the bronco to be like the aev jeep would also be a business expense. They could make plenty of videos modifying it.

seems to me that the wrangler will be far easier for the crew to drive through tougher terrain.

that is one sick wrangler they picked up. Lets see how long they keep it.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Ugh, I still remember when Tommy was this quiet, unassuming kid. He truly was a breath of fresh air. But he has become one of the biggest drama queens on YouTube. TFL in general seems desperate for clicks these days.

Sorry, TFL, you lost me first with your irrational infatuation with Defender, and then with Bronco.

I have moved on.
Yeah unfortunately they seemed to have lost their innocence and authenticity.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

This is exactly why I don't watch @Casey250 anymore. I'm still subscribed in the hopes that someday he'll get back to actually off-roading. But seems like all of his videos nowadays are him hanging out at the adventure shop spending money. In the last 6 months I think he has one dedicated off-road video. The rest are clickbait s***! He should really change his channel name to Casey250&Friends, because all this videos Just seem to be him hanging out with other YouTubers.

I remember when I first started following him when he had just ordered his 3.0 EcoDiesel Wrangler, he did so many off-roading videos, it was so awesome! Hopefully he gets back to that someday. 😅

That's one of the things I actually love about TFL, yeah there's a lot of bull**** stupid videos that I don't care about, but they post enough stuff I can usually find something worth watching. It probably also helps that I spend so much time on my own Wrangler now that I have it, that I don't really get around to watching TV too much. So when I do log on to YouTube in the mood to watch videos, I have enough options from the people I follow that I can always find something informative and interesting.
I really have enjoyed Casey250 but I am tired of him mentioning multiple times in every new video that he has an 840hp motor. Get back to wheelin’, please!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
He tells us in the first minute, "We need to keep the business afloat."
Economic times are hard, used values are taking a nosedive, new car production is about to ramp up. They are cashing out while they still can.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I thought it was disingenuous to say the Bronco was too large for the trail (paraphrasing), but has the same capability as the Wrangler. It if doesn't fit on the trails you run, it doesn't have the same capability. Further, if it doesn't allow you to run the same trails because it's expensive and you're unwilling to take it on those trails because it may be damaged, again, it doesn't have the same capability as the Wrangler.

Bottom line, they bought a Wrangler to replace their Bronco, specifically for harder trails.

Lumis Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
TBH I've backed off watching most Youtube videos, not just TFL. If I'm looking for some research on a product, maybe I'll check out a video or 2, but that's about it. The Drama, Hype, Clickbait, attempts at inducing FOMO.. it just seems to turn me off.
Agreed
Sponsored