Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll defend TFL. Their content’s great & I definitely think they try hard to be objective. And no question Tommy likes Jeeps. He drives a Wrangler as his personal car.
Tommy clearly likes Jeeps.

Interestingly, though, every time he uses that swaybar dislocate it is obvious that it does NOT provide the same level of articulation as a SFA. Yet, every time he does, he ogles all over it and fails to bring up its shortcomings.

Thing is, without the articulation from that swaybar dislocate, Bronco becomes nothing more than a Ford Ranger with a soft top. Which, let’s face it, is basically what it is.

Ignoring this issue can only be explained one way: TFL doesn’t want to upset Ford, get blacklisted again, and wants Bronco fans to keep clicking on their videos.

Unfortunately, it is having the opposite effect on me: I am growing tired of his videos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
The stock Bronco does very well on the trail comparison and the Jeep forum is full of negativity. Like someone else said, welcome them on the trail and appreciate it for what it is even if it doesn't compare (from your perspective) to your Jeep. I'd rather appreciate them both and its impressive to hear that the Bronco rides so well on the road AND performs well on the trails (yea, yea I know, TIREZ IN DA AIR!!!!). Some people are so negative that it comes across as jealousy for the new thing that's getting the attention while ya'll are like, "LOOK AT ME IN MY AWESOME JEEP!!!!!"
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL: Bronco vs JL and JK on hardcore trail 1638878574082

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Why read Bronco threads if you don't like reading about Broncos? There is lots of other content on the forum.

We love automotive stuff. We prefer Jeeps but we are interested in other vehicles as well.

I hope you are not offended by Matt's offroad recovery. He doesn't drive a Wrangler. We talk about him sometimes. He teaches us a lot about what we shouldn't do.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Well, I have a few jeeps and a Bronco on order (since 7/14/20!). I've been the to the off-rodeo so have some experience with it off-road but non on-road. We both enjoyed driving it. Will I take it over the JLUR...NO! It's been so long I'm even thinking about other vehicles (Grand Wagoneer).
TFL does a good job to me comparing everything and I ejoy their content. Not sure anymore about litebrite...their channel seem to have gone in an strange direction lately. What I want to see is a Bronco on a true hard core trail with an equivilent Jeep (both on 35's and basically same overall lift). Haven't seen that one yet but I bet the Bronco will be lifting tires and scraping rear control arm mount at every opportunity.
Also, I think Bronco is a valid discussion topic on this Forum. The differences and pro's and con's will shape whatever the next iteration of the jeep will be.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Well, I have a few jeeps and a Bronco on order (since 7/14/20!). I've been the to the off-rodeo so have some experience with it off-road but non on-road. We both enjoyed driving it. Will I take it over the JLUR...NO! It's been so long I'm even thinking about other vehicles (Grand Wagoneer).
TFL does a good job to me comparing everything and I ejoy their content. Not sure anymore about litebrite...their channel seem to have gone in an strange direction lately. What I want to see is a Bronco on a true hard core trail with an equivilent Jeep (both on 35's and basically same overall lift). Haven't seen that one yet but I bet the Bronco will be lifting tires and scraping rear control arm mount at every opportunity.
Also, I think Bronco is a valid discussion topic on this Forum. The differences and pro's and con's will shape whatever the next iteration of the jeep will be.
A vehicle that will drive well on the road and can be used for light to medium off roading. Sounds like a good solution for some people.

I have spoken to first time Jeep owners who expected the vehicle to drive like an Audi or BMW. They were a bit surprised when they took ownership of the vehicle. I an curious to see how this segment of the market reacts to the Bronco.

I agree about TFL.

Sponsored

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Interestingly, though, every time he uses that swaybar dislocate it is obvious that it does NOT provide the same level of articulation as a SFA. Yet, every time he does, he ogles all over it and fails to bring up its shortcomings.

Thing is, without the articulation from that swaybar dislocate, Bronco becomes nothing more than a Ford Ranger with a soft top. Which, let’s face it, is basically what it is.

Ignoring this issue can only be explained one way: TFL doesn’t want to upset Ford, get blacklisted again, and wants Bronco fans to keep clicking on their videos.

Unfortunately, it is having the opposite effect on me: I am growing tired of his videos.
I think there’s another possibility. I think Tommy knows he loves Jeeps (and is always aware that he makes lot of videos with his personal Willys Sport). So maybe if he swoons a bit too much over the Bronco, it’s bc he’s unconsciously trying to prevent people from thinking he’s biased toward Wranglers.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think there’s another possibility. I think Tommy knows he loves Jeeps (and is always aware that he makes lot of videos with his personal Willys Sport). So maybe if he swoons a bit too much over the Bronco, it’s bc he’s unconsciously trying to prevent people from thinking he’s biased toward Wranglers.
Perhaps. But Tommy has had no issue pointing out other weaknesses, like Bronco’s cheap interior, the rattly hardtop, the soft top’s cargo access absurd design, the gutless motor.

It is only when it comes to the swaybar dislocate that he swoons over it, yet refuses to acknowledge the elephant in the room regarding its limited articulation. Total radio silence. It’s very weird.

Knowing Ford, I wouldn’t be surprised if it has warned Youtubers against saying anything negative about Bronco’s limited articulation.

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Its interesting because I have always felt TFL has had a major hard on for Jeep the whole time. When they compare anything Jeep to any other brand, they are always bending their logic to favor Jeep.

It is also disheartening to go from reviews being subject to pressures from the higher ups on TV channels in the past to a new medium free from the higher ups just to be a slave to click bait. I agree that a lot of channels on YouTube are trying to maintain viewers at the cost of actually putting out honest info.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Why are the moderators allowing this small group of outsiders bombard the forum with Bronco posts? This is starting to get annoying. I'm on this forum because I have a Wrangler, not a Bronco. I don't care if Bronco's are equal or better than Wrangler. I don't have one nor am I interested in getting one. Bronco lovers... you don't need our approval, just buy it and be happy... leave us alone.

Reason being is because the Ford Bronco is an all around more capable rock crawler and a major upgrade from a Fiat based platform. Ford was brilliant by manufacturing a much more proven and robust IFS.

Next model year is the last year of the Fiat Wrangler. Broncos are taking over the market and the trails. You might as well embrace the fact that since the introduction of the 4 door JLU sales have drastically dropped.

All is not a loss though. All the Wrangler tooling and production is being purchased in whole by Dongfeng Motor Corporation (which already has a big marketshare of the Stellantis). All wranglers moving forward from model year 2023 will be produced and sold in Wuhan, Hubei, China

Zhu Yanfeng and Carlos Tavares are working out all the final details. I'm surprised you were not aware of this. It was made public months ago when Bronco sales took over the market and dealer lots.

Down here in Southern California you can't go anywhere off road without seeing Broncos winching out these poor Wranglers.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Just the other day I had to use my 2wd pickup to pull out this Jeep out on the easy John Bull trail in Big bear.

He tried to follow me but the Wrangler Rubicons toothpick axles could not handle the stress:

Jeep Wrangler JL TFL: Bronco vs JL and JK on hardcore trail 5616D336-40A8-4CB6-9126-7B61A925D9E7

You just don't see these kind of failures on a much beefier Bronco IFS suspension.
Sponsored