First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I really wish I could take one of these new Broncos, and a journalist, on the test course that I used to use for teaching soldiers the capability of a HMMWV. There was a spot when you crest a hill off camber and the weight shifts. In a HMMWV you go from the front driver's tire about e foot in the air, to the back passenger tire up in the clouds very quickly. It is a very queesy feeling. Not a fan. I prefer to keep my tires on the terra firma.
Sponsored

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's time to retire your account. Sell your Wrangler if you have one, go buy a Bronco and have fun with it. 26 posts and counting, not a single post or thread promoting Broncos. Seeing 2 Bronco threads created by you on the 1st page is an eyesore.
Stay out of my bubble!

ENJH.gif

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish I could take one of these new Broncos, and a journalist, on the test course that I used to use for teaching soldiers the capability of a HMMWV. There was a spot when you crest a hill off camber and the weight shifts. In a HMMWV you go from the front driver's tire about e foot in the air, to the back passenger tire up in the clouds very quickly. It is a very queesy feeling. Not a fan. I prefer to keep my tires on the terra firma.
Litebrite put out an interesting video a while back that compared a HMMWV (by the way, thanks for clarifying the acronym) to their Step Child. It definitely looked like a wild ride, lifting tires like a Bronco, but did it so confidently due to it being so wide and long of wheelbase.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Litebrite put out an interesting video a while back that compared a HMMWV (by the way, thanks for clarifying the acronym) to their Step Child. It definitely looked like a wild ride, lifting tires like a Bronco, but did it so confidently due to it being so wide and long of wheelbase.

Lifting tires on something as wide as the HMMWV is not always scary, but when you are cresting an obstacle or hill and it causes the weight to shift from back biased to front, and the whole thing teeters on 2 wheels for a moment... F that. But it can do it, and it can go through that obstacle. It's just that solid axles do it without the nerve-wracking drama.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Lifting tires on something as wide as the HMMWV is not always scary, but when you are cresting an obstacle or hill and it causes the weight to shift from back biased to front, and the whole thing teeters on 2 wheels for a moment... F that. But it can do it, and it can go through that obstacle. It's just that solid axles do it without the nerve-wracking drama.
Agreed. I lost track of how many times the tire lifted a couple of feet in the air in that video, but it did it while fully composed. The reactions that it got was priceless.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Bump. Working on my post count because that what matters..
Or..... or..... When you see a thread about the Bronco, and people are discussing things in the thread in a relatively civil manner, you could move on, and just let them engage in their conversations without complaining about it like a child. I'm just saying....

The Bronco is relevant as it is the first time that a manufacturer has attempted to step up to the plate and take a swing at the Wrangler. And threads that are comparing them are going to happen. If that upsets you, then you should probably just not click on those links.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I don't understand exactly how the swaybar disconnect works on the Ford. Do you have to be in 4-low before you hit the button, or can you do it just after putting a dress on?

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Not sure but I don’t think you have to be in low to disconnect. I do know that it reconnects above 20 mph and then disconnects below that if you just want to leave it disconnected.
Folks demonstrate it disconnecting under load because it’s easier to grasp how it functions that way than to just say it will connect and reconnect all the time no matter what you are doing at 20 mph.
People with a Jeep just leave it disconnected all day but Ford takes advantage of the IFS which doesn’t need disconnect to soften the trails at speed and thus adds stability and handling as you go up and down the speed range during your off road day.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
New meaning of FORD: Found Off Road, Dangling!

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I don't get the BFD of the sway bar disconnect being able to disconnect anywhere. If you are in that situation that needed it to be disconnected, the damn thing should have been disconnected already.
This. Get off-road, disconnect sway bar. Why wouldn’t you do it right away?

Also, this thread pretty clearly has the word “Bronco” in the title. They didn’t sneak it in here. If you dont want to read about the Bronco…don’t click on threads about the Bronco. Personally, I love the Bronco because we get a whole new couple rounds of videos and articles with Jeeps in them again, there was kinda a drought there for a while because there wasn’t much new to talk about.

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
I stopped watching TFL last year. They are not as unbiased as they pretend to be. Andre was the only one I would watch until, I had the last straw with him on a Tundra vs Titan review.

I would much rather get info from other car youtubers than the TFL guys these days.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I stopped watching TFL last year. They are not as unbiased as they pretend to be. Andre was the only one I would watch until, I had the last straw with him on a Tundra vs Titan review.

I would much rather get info from other car youtubers than the TFL guys these days.
Roman annoys the absolute crap out of me. I generally avoid their videos because the bias is so offensive.