Sponsored

TFL: Bronco vs JL and JK on hardcore trail

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many

The Bronco will definitely rock crawl. It's no poser. Now, I happen to think the Wrangler will crawl better and more elegantly, but the Bronco is no joke.

What is a joke is how horny Tommy is for the Bronco's swaybar disco. "Oooo, it'll disconnect under load [and only drop like 2 inches.]"
Sponsored

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
Yep, itā€™s a great video and the Bronco holds its own. I think a Basesquach is where itā€™s at for the cost. Not worth paying 10K more so you can disconnect a sway bar mid obstacle, only to have your tires still hanging in the air šŸ˜

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yep, itā€™s a great video and the Bronco holds its own. I think a Basesquach is where itā€™s at for the cost. Not worth paying 10K more so you can disconnect a sway bar mid obstacle, only to have your tires still hanging in the air šŸ˜
But if you go base-Squatch you donā€™t get all the tech goodies the automotive journalists have been pissing themselves over.

No 12ā€ screen, forward facing camera, 360 camera view, or the aforementioned sway bar disco to name a few.

How would you expect the average joe to even drive something like that (sarcasm).

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I saw several of these in Moab a few weeks back on Dome Plateau. They were doing ok, but floating tires/tires in the air on some of the rock ledges. While I think that these will do alright on the trail, I personally do not like a tire in the air. Only time will tell how the IFS will hold up to regular abuse of trail riding.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Gawd, if I watch another video about Bronco I think Iā€™ll vomit.

And yes, I agree: Tommy needs to temper down his hardon for that gimmicky swaybar dislocate. I normally like his videos, but he is starting to make himself look foolish.

Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Someone on here described it best for me, so I'm stealing it now: The Bronco is an on-road car that can go off-road, the Jeep is an off-road vehicle that also drives on-road. I do NOT get this whole one wheel in the air thing, it makes me very comfortable. If you have to do that to get through a trail maybe this isn't the trail for you. I don't take my JL to Formula one races and test tracks.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get the BFD of the sway bar disconnect being able to disconnect anywhere. If you are in that situation that needed it to be disconnected, the damn thing should have been disconnected already.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The 1 tire in the air is the Bronco wave! They get 1 tire in the air, then disconnect the sway bar and reconnect it repeating this process over and over again!
The bronco has a lot of waving going on, doesn't it?...
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL: Bronco vs JL and JK on hardcore trail 20201023_102215
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL: Bronco vs JL and JK on hardcore trail FB_IMG_1625275089325
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL: Bronco vs JL and JK on hardcore trail A2EC02DF-4667-40BC-A958-D336995B68CA

SilverBug86

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Why are the moderators allowing this small group of outsiders bombard the forum with Bronco posts? This is starting to get annoying. I'm on this forum because I have a Wrangler, not a Bronco. I don't care if Bronco's are equal or better than Wrangler.. I don't have one nor am I interested in getting one. Bronco lovers... you don't need our approval, just buy it and be happy... leave us alone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
John VonJeep

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Why are the moderators allowing this small group of outsiders bombard the forum with Bronco posts? This is starting to get annoying. I'm on this forum because I have a Wrangler, not a Bronco. I don't care if Bronco's are equal or better than Wrangler.. I don't have one nor am I interested in getting one. Bronco lovers... you don't need our approval, just buy it and be happy... leave us alone.
Calls a guy with 354 posts an outsiderā€¦.

ā€¦but has only made 25 posts total himself.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
So true. There is an obsession with Bronco.

Just go buy one if you like the thing so much damn. Yeah we get it can go offroad. The 4runner can too, and the FJ, etc.... Ford made a new truck. The engineers did a good job, the rest of the company fucked up.

SilverBug86

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Calls a guy with 354 posts an outsiderā€¦.

ā€¦but has only made 25 posts total himself.
Maybe it's time to retire your account. Sell your Wrangler if you have one, go buy a Bronco and have fun with it. 26 posts and counting, not a single post or thread promoting Broncos. Seeing 2 Bronco threads created by you on the 1st page is an eyesore.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thereā€™s only so many things we can discuss about our Jeeps. Stick around and youā€™ll see topics recycled every so often. The Bronco is discussed here because itā€™s the only ā€œcompetitionā€ Jeep has seen this side of Y2K. Thereā€™s plenty of other threads on the forum if you donā€™t care for Bronco talk.

I think everyoneā€™s just looking over the fence to see how theyā€™re doing. Itā€™ll fizz out in time after weā€™ve had a chance to see them on trail a bit. I think we need to welcome them in with open arms, and be sure to educate the wave of newbies weā€™re about to see on trail in the same way we do with other Jeepers. This benefits everyone and helps to keep trails open
Sponsored