Sponsored

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
If you use Spotify on the HU, you should check out MusicProxy. Spotify comes up immediately once radio is turned on and I can click play behind the steering wheel to resume what was previously on.
I will cut the AHD wire later today and see if that works better. Once cut, do I just cover both sides up and leave it there?
Also to your SIM card, what brand worked?
And third, do you have blind spot monitors? Did you lose the alert capability when somebody is in your blind spot and you activate your blinker? That’s what I lost. Backup sensors work as intended through the speaker.
Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
Also to your SIM card, what brand worked?
Tello (Fair warning: That's a referral link - gets us both $10 credit. Just search tello if you don't care)
I used my android EMI to register the SIM and then just put it in the CC3. 500MB, no text, no minutes.
And third, do you have blind spot monitors?
I do not, but figured I'd install that external speaker anyway in case there was some functionality that it provided that I didn't anticipate.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found a gem on an updated CC3 page regarding climate controls.

This is new.

YMMV:

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL cc3-climate2

Tap the snowflake icon:

SYNC AND MAX A/C work!

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL ac1

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL ac2

Last edited:

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Found a gem on an updated CC3 page regarding climate controls.

This is new.

YMMV:

Tap the snowflake icon:

SYNC AND MAX A/C work!

DUDE! Awesome find.
I have my canbus set to grand Cherokee but I’m currently having issues with the backup camera dynamic lines not moving and now the ACC off doesn’t seem to be working. Going to try a reset now

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Been trying to explain for months now to customer support that the blindspot monitors do not work. As you expected, it has gone nowhere. I guess I have to decide between the warning beep or this radio. Visually, it does show someone in the blindspot obviously.

Rear parking sensors work ONLY if you use their external speaker that was supplied. Without the speaker installed, these also don’t work.

Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up on firmware update from January - CC3:

1. Officially released TEYES YAHU music player.View

2.In CC3 regular theme UI, the Spotify switch button is added to facilitate users to perform Spotify app control directly on the main interface such as Toggle, control, etc., and increased the resolution display of Spotify music covers so that it can be displayed clearer even when it is being enlarged on CC3 regular themes.

3.Optimized the sound effect of the subwoofer.

4.Solved the issue of wallpaper unable to save after restarting.

5.Solved the issue of contacts in the Google account being cleared after some mobile phones were connected to Bluetooth.

6.Optimized the GPS signal, in Settings > Device Settings > GPS, added the China Beidou satellite display and changed the UI.

7.Updated the system version

8.Optimized mobile phone battery display.
The iPhone displays for every 1 bar of battery represent 20% of the battery level.
Some Android phones may display the same power logic as iPhones,
But there also may have different gauge on some Android phones, such as:
0-30% = 1 bar
31-50% = 2 bars
51-70% = 3 bars
71-90% = 4 bars
91-100% = 5 bars

9.Improved the transparency level of the pop up UI during call. Also added the minimize button, which will display into a small circle when tapped and hold down to reposition with drag and drop, and tap once again to return to the call UI. This helps to minimize display blocking for better user experience.

10.Solved issue for USB unable to set to 1.1 in Factory Settings.

11.Added color adjustment function in Cam REC software.

12.Updated TEYES APP to version 8.3.

13.Updated TEYES Radio to version 1.9.

14.Updated voice control version, removed TTS alert function for incoming calls in English and other languages to reduce user disturbance.

15.Added TEYES R1 Front Radar software function.

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Help I installed the Teyes CC3 and everything works fine except the volume controls, none of them, not the steering wheel (the other functions work on the steering wheel) not the screen buttons to the lower left and not the gesture. the marker does move up and down when I use them but nothing happens stays at the same volume level ?? thank you in advance

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Did you set the vehicle as Grand Cherokee? The CAN Buss needs that setting.

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Tom, yes I did I followed the Canbus set up with the XP/Jeep/Grand Cherokee/DVD AMP. today I pulled it just to make sure that there was no loose canbus connectors everything checked fine, and btw when I press steering wheel up button the volume marker goes down and vice versa. Also all the buttons including the touch and the gesture move the volume marker but nothing happens volume remains the same

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may be of no help since I have the CC2L+ installed. If I recall, you have to ID the CAN Box shipped with your HU, and then tell the unit which one you have. Also, I suppose that the shipped CAN Buss Adapter might be the wrong one or is faulty. Sorry I can't be of more help. I love my CC2L+. I use it with Backcountry Navigator XE to navigate the hundreds of miles of active and abandoned logging roads up here in "North Maine Woods".

Sponsored

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may be of no help since I have the CC2L+ installed. If I recall, you have to ID the CAN Box shipped with your HU, and then tell the unit which one you have. Also, I suppose that the shipped CAN Buss Adapter might be the wrong one or is faulty. Sorry I can't be of more help. I love my CC2L+. I use it with Backcountry Navigator XE to navigate the hundreds of miles of active and abandoned logging roads up here in "North Maine Woods".
Thank you for your reply it was a canbus setting but the one that was recommended for the CC3 in their web site did not work for my HU had to use a different one had to use the "all" (more generic i think) but still my steering wheel left side middle button (behind the steering wheel) does not work at time it gave me a mute but then no more (a Teyes engineer help me with the canbus) now my problem I cannot download apps it says that is connected to my phone hotspot via 5-GHZ and good signal but when I try to download an app from the google store the thing says "pending" and a little circle goes round and round but nothing happens, not very happy with that because apps are the reason I ordered the 124 gigs of storage and 6 gigs or ram. do you have any idea?
thank you

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too haven't had any luck downloading APPs using my phone as a HotSpot. I thought probably because I have very poor cell service up here in the hills. So I have parked my Jeep where I can get WIFI from my house, or even outside the local public library and have downloaded APPS through Google Store. So far that has worked quite well. At times I get the prolonged "pending", but just cancel and try again in a few minutes, and it gets to downloading. I loaded Outlook for my Hotmail account, and have opened that to see how my connectivity is doing. When my eMail opens promptly, then everything else seems to operate well. Do you have a SIM card for phone service loaded in your CC3? My cheapo CC2L+ doesn't have that capability so I don't have any knowledge of that option.

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too haven't had any luck downloading APPs using my phone as a HotSpot. I thought probably because I have very poor cell service up here in the hills. So I have parked my Jeep where I can get WIFI from my house, or even outside the local public library and have downloaded APPS through Google Store. So far that has worked quite well. At times I get the prolonged "pending", but just cancel and try again in a few minutes, and it gets to downloading. I loaded Outlook for my Hotmail account, and have opened that to see how my connectivity is doing. When my eMail opens promptly, then everything else seems to operate well. Do you have a SIM card for phone service loaded in your CC3? My cheapo CC2L+ doesn't have that capability so I don't have any knowledge of that option.
I did a little search and found out that if you clear the cache of the google store app (Google Play) in the HU and delete the data and then reboot it starts working again. I did that and now it works with my phone hotspot at 5GHZ fine. downloads everything fast. so it is settings>apps>Google Play>cache and delete.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good find Hector. Thanks for the information.