Sponsored

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
I’ve been using my CC3 for a few months now but can’t seem to figure out why the blind spot monitors won’t beep as intended when somebody is there. I installed that speaker and my rear parking sensors work perfectly fine, but if somebody is in my blind spot and I turn the blinker on, nothing. I have the settings in the Car Info app set to “Lamp alarm” but no luck. Any ideas?

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
Oh and one extra .. the handsfree function is garbage. At least on my Cc2+ . I even added an external mic with wind guard and it's just bad. People can not understand me at all. From my research it stems from some hardware and codec issues that I can't solve. This is what I hate the most and may end up making me dump it.
If your eyes are good, and hands are steady, there's a non-destructive way to disable the internal microphone which causes this. Covering the two pins shown in that post disables the otherwise "always-on-even-with-an-external" internal microphone.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
If your eyes are good, and hands are steady, there's a non-destructive way to disable the internal microphone which causes this. Covering the two pins shown in that post disables the otherwise "always-on-even-with-an-external" internal microphone.
Thanks. I have done this all ready. It did not help. I have done some tests with an audio recording app to confirm that that the internal mic is disabled and that the external is working correctly. The recorded audio is fine, and all google voice commands work correctly. It's just the Bluetooth audio is super choppy like the codec is miss configured. I've gone through all of the hidden Bluetooth settings as suggested by the 4pda.ru site with no improvement.

Add on to that, that any time a phone is paired, the Bluetooth app deletes all of my Google contacts.

This thing has its problems.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • how difficult is it to add additional cameras to the Teyes CC3? Can all cameras record using the DVR feature, or is it just the rear camera?
I have the reverse camera connected up using their conversion box AND have their freebie camera connected to CVBS_IN1 -- which needs to be enabled in the settings and then you have access to it using the Teyes "Front Video" app. The "Front Video" Teyes app doesn't show up in the apps until the CVBS_IN1 is enabled in the settings.

• anyone using the SIM card slot for connectivity? If so, any issues?
Yes. I have a stupidly-cheap-low-data plan SIM that is working as intended on the T-mobile network of towers. The only issue that I had was that the icon on the home page wouldn't correctly show that the sim had connected to services. This was a known issue with the new firmware, and a quick swap of the background fixed it.

Sponsored

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
I can check on aux switches.
I was doing this fix on the external mic to get my blind spot monitors working properly again. How exactly does it affect the microphone? I installed the microphone equipped but haven’t really used it yet. I don’t make too many phone calls and since I’m tethering WiFi from an additional phone I had to the head unit, I keep Bluetooth off because it gets glitchy with Spotify music when using the HU’s Spotify app vs my phone

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I have done this all ready. It did not help. I have done some tests with an audio recording app to confirm that that the internal mic is disabled and that the external is working correctly. The recorded audio is fine, and all google voice commands work correctly. It's just the Bluetooth audio is super choppy like the codec is miss configured. I've gone through all of the hidden Bluetooth settings as suggested by the 4pda.ru site with no improvement.
Ugh. Sorry to hear that.
Add on to that, that any time a phone is paired, the Bluetooth app deletes all of my Google contacts.
This has also been reported as fixed by disabling google contact sync in the CC3 settings.

This thing has its problems.
Not gonna lie. Yep.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
I also was not able to get my Verizon SIM card working in either of the sim slots on the radio. The radio says I have 4G, but no connectivity. Tried a million things in the forums and no luck at all. Ended up throwing it in an older iPhone.
For anyone interested, I have that iPhone jailbroken, always charging in the glovebox, and I use Activator to tell the phone “when connected to power, turn on personal hotspot”
Radio connects to it immediately no issues. As long as the phone doesn’t die it works fine, but since I drive once every few days it’s normally always charged.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Also my reverse camera isn't "seamless". Seems like there is a lag and it skips ever so slightly where I don't want to rely on it much. I have the adapter to use the factory camera. I did not cut the AHD wire, should I try doing that? In the radio settings, I have AHD turned on, if I turn that off it just makes it black and white.
So this and the blind spot monitors are my main issues.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I have ended this experiment and went back to the 7" UC4

I'll create a thread in the for sale section... but I did remove my CC2+ and am offering it for sale. So, if anyone wants to venture into these waters, DM me.

Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have ended this experiment and went back to the 7" UC4

I'll create a thread in the for sale section... but I did remove my CC2+ and am offering it for sale. So, if anyone wants to venture into these waters, DM me.
Any aspirations to do "something else"?

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Any aspirations to do "something else"?
My eye is towards the new UConnect v5. If they release this soon, i'll try to be an early adopter to do the upgrade.

But, for now, i'll just use a tablet to handle jscan and other duties and the radio will stay a radio.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Also my reverse camera isn't "seamless". Seems like there is a lag and it skips ever so slightly where I don't want to rely on it much. I have the adapter to use the factory camera. I did not cut the AHD wire, should I try doing that? In the radio settings, I have AHD turned on, if I turn that off it just makes it black and white.
So this and the blind spot monitors are my main issues.
Anyone have any ideas with these two issues? I have a big road trip coming up in a week and was hoping to find someone who has solved these issues (or doesn't have them and why!)

I would really like to get the blind spot monitor sensors working properly again. They work fine, they just don't "beep" if I turn my blinker on and somebody is in my blindspot.

As far as the reverse camera goes, you can see my post above about the setup. Anyone using UDT's reverse camera app? Should I try that? Or is there an issue in my setup?

Thanks all.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any ideas with these two issues? I have a big road trip coming up in a week and was hoping to find someone who has solved these issues (or doesn't have them and why!)
Definitely cut the AHD wire, and set the input to AHD in the Teyes HU settings for the factory camera with the Teyes conversion box.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally transitioned the CC3 unit from the bench into the Wrangler this weekend.

Some highlights:

1. As I mentioned in a prior post, I had set up the Teyes "included" camera as a front camera.
    1. This camera is intended as a backup camera, so I needed to set it to mirror mode to have it render correctly in the front. The "Front Cam" app was able to do this for me.
    2. I routed the wiring through the front passenger windshield corner's padding (took the windshield down to do this), cut the wiring to length and soldered it back together before routing it in cut tubing along the engine compartment to the middle slot in the grill. The slotted tubing was tucked in and it all cleaned up nicely. The power and RCA video connectors are exposed above the passenger headlamp so that they're easily accessible (and obvious) in the event the grill needs to come off.
      Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL front-cam1

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL front-cam2

(Above: Front camera streaming while driving.)
  2. I confirmed the unit properly powers off with the doors off after changing the unit's power off settings to "ACC only" - as discussed previously in this thread.

3. (Wireless) Apple CarPlay works as it should. (Wireless CarPlay was the feature that I was most interested in.)

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL carplay

4. I have a cheap-rate cellular sim installed to give a secondary source of data without a phone at hand. Got that working. Teyes claims that their cellular chips are universal, but many of the cheap-rate plans that I tried to set up for this unit baulked at their hardware.

5. I have the factory backup camera working with the Teyes Wrangler Video converter box. My backup images are pretty clear and bright. The backup image shows guidelines that move with the steering wheel (configurable) - and the backup camera video feed can be streamed on-demand and in full screen while driving.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL backup-cam

(You can tell the difference between the front and rear images above -- the front has the winch hooks showing in the lower corners. The lower black object in this image is the bottom of the spare tire.)

6. I installed the included "alert speaker" (the round item in the pic below) between the steering wheel and the brake pedal, behind the driver's kick - there's an ideal flat location right at the bottom below the steering column:

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL speaker

7. Dash cam: I already have a 1440p front dash camera and 1040p rear camera mounted for always-on recording. I downloaded VLC from the Play store and can now stream all 4 cameras to the HU (not all at once though), and have storage options for where to store the recordings.

8. And yes, the accelerometer eye-candy display worked as advertised. Just wish it was a Wrangler in the display:

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL IMG_7734
I went for a couple of test rides with the spouse and things seemed to work as expected. Wish us luck going forward.
Sponsored

Last edited: