Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
I just unboxed a CC3 unit and will be doing a slow install, meaning that I'll be setting it up on the bench and tweaking, poking, prodding before tearing down the dash.

To set the stage, I made the purchase on July 7th. The unit arrived, signature required, through USPS delivery on August 21st.

The first thing that I did was just power the unit up to check the firmware.

The firmware was outdated, so I downloaded the latest firmware, un-rar'ed it, put it on a USB and connected the USB cable to the unit where I attached the USB drive. The unit registered the updated firmware automatically, upgraded, rebooted, and so far no issues.

With the newest firmware, I was able to confirm that Wireless Apple CarPlay was supported. I've confirmed this using the included "CarLink" app on the unit:

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL Ima

Next up: Connecting the Teyes camera up as a front camera on the bench.
Sponsored

Reactions: wtm

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the Teyes camera working as the front camera.

This required going into the settings and enabling the front camera (just the toggle). Afterward, you'll have a front camera app show up in the app listings.

To test, I connected 12v power/ground lines to the camera wires and jacked the RCA for the camera into the "A" cluster's camera RCA dongle (hat tip to @redracer for the schematics post earlier):

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL backjack

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL camera

The bottom image shows the Teyes camera's stream using the "Front Video" app. Remember: to get the "Front Video" app to appear, you just need to toggle the "Front View" setting through

"Settings->Factory Settings [168]->Front View"

This will be going in the grill.

Next up: Planning out the wiring.

wtm

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited sport
Got the Teyes camera working as the front camera.

This required going into the settings and enabling the front camera (just the toggle). Afterward, you'll have a front camera app show up in the app listings.

To test, I connected 12v power/ground lines to the camera wires and jacked the RCA for the camera into the "A" cluster's camera RCA dongle (hat tip to @redracer for the schematics post earlier):

The bottom image shows the Teyes camera's stream using the "Front Video" app. Remember: to get the "Front Video" app to appear, you just need to toggle the "Front View" setting through

"Settings->Factory Settings [168]->Front View"

This will be going in the grill.

Next up: Planning out the wiring.
Thanks for showing this - I"m also going to order a CC3. I too prefer to do 'slow installs', to really study what I'm going to do. Question: how did you hook up to a power source on the workbench/easiest way to do this?

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for showing this - I"m also going to order a CC3. I too prefer to do 'slow installs', to really study what I'm going to do. Question: how did you hook up to a power source on the workbench/easiest way to do this?
It gets in the weeds a bit, so I'll PM you.

Trp3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I installed the unit yesterday and have 2 issues. The adapter i got off amazon for the factory gps doesnt work. It clips right in but doesnt pull any satellites, but the included gps adapter did. Multiple people stated they had the modify the amazon adapter but my clicked right into the blue factory gps plug in the dash. Other isssue is that the bumper sensers do light up but I no longer get a beep when getting close to objects.

Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the unit yesterday and have 2 issues. The adapter i got off amazon for the factory gps doesnt work. It clips right in but doesnt pull any satellites, but the included gps adapter did. Multiple people stated they had the modify the amazon adapter but my clicked right into the blue factory gps plug in the dash. Other isssue is that the bumper sensers do light up but I no longer get a beep when getting close to objects.
My unit is still on the bench (and I don’t have the proximity sensors), but I’m wondering what this 2-wire speaker in my kit would be for. It has a 2-pin male connector. Perhaps this plugs somewhere into the OEM wiring for those proximity warnings?

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL 5A11EA10-355F-4B2A-8E1B-AE7B5976EC4B

🤷🏼‍♂️🤔🤷🏼‍♂️🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Is yours the CC2 or CC3?

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I got one of those in my CC2+ kit. I remember looking it up and found out I didn't need it. Can't recall what it was intended for. I also got 4 USB connectors even though the CC2+ only can use one. I think they sent a kit for all options of CC2 and CC3 and you just use those you need. Of course the lack of English documentation sucks. I do love my CC2+ and even have my JSCAN App loaded onto it along with Backcountry Navigator. I do wish I had purchased the model with provision for a Tele Sim so I wouldn't have to use my phone as a WIFI Hot Spot to access the Internet when I am away from WIFI sources.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
My unit is still on the bench (and I don’t have the proximity sensors), but I’m wondering what this 2-wire speaker in my kit would be for. It has a 2-pin male connector. Perhaps this plugs somewhere into the OEM wiring for those proximity warnings?

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL 5A11EA10-355F-4B2A-8E1B-AE7B5976EC4B

🤷🏼‍♂️🤔🤷🏼‍♂️🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Is yours the CC2 or CC3?
That speaker is for hearing alert tones if you have the forward collision and lane assist option. It plugs into the harness coming from the can box.

Trp3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thanks Guys. I found that part and it does work for the backup sensors. I'm really bummed that i can't get the factory gps sensor working.

Pfitter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Any further updates on how wireless CarPlay is doing with the cc3.
On the rear factory camera converter box does the power tap come from the radio side harness? I don’t have to tap the factory wiring in anyway?

Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Any further updates on how wireless CarPlay is doing with the cc3.
On the rear factory camera converter box does the power tap come from the radio side harness? I don’t have to tap the factory wiring in anyway?
I tapped the switched + coming from the canbus adapter. So, yes, just on the new radio harness. I did not have to modify the factory wiring at all. In fact I switched back to the factory 7" for a few weeks to do some canbus testing and it only took a few minutes.

Pfitter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Nothing specific just checking in to see if connectivity was reliable with latest update

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's; 2020 Triumph Street Triple R
I have a few questions for those that have the Teyes. These are:
  • are the factory aux switches programmable through the head unit similar to what Insane Audio and Stinger have implemented in their units or is this functionality just completely lost when using the Teyes CC3?
  • how difficult is it to add additional cameras to the Teyes CC3? Can all cameras record using the DVR feature, or is it just the rear camera?
  • I know I need to purchase the CC3 and factory camera video connection box; is there anything else I will need to buy?
  • anyone using the SIM card slot for connectivity? If so, any issues?
  • are there any apps that do not work well or are not supported by the Teyes CC3?

I am seriously considering a Teyes CC3. I just purchased the MB Quart Jeep system - the one that requires a new head unit - and am looking at this versus the Insane Audio JL3001. I'm not certain I see the value in the JL3001.

Thanks in advance!

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I'll try to answer a few of these points... But keep in mind that this is not a nice and polished system. It may look cool on the outside and it is functional, but if you aren't willing to put up with it's limitations or work around them then this isn't for you.

I don't believe that it can change the aux buttons modes. I will double check on that tho

Adding cameras is easy. So long as you buy the extra input harness. But it also disables the ability to use the aux in

Buy the extra harness.

I have used a sim card for connectivity. It works with some tweaks to the cell network settings. ... But it's slow as it's only a 3g chip.

As for apps. Most work well .. except using Bluetooth apps requires workarounds as they lock the unit to only work with their obdII adapter.

Oh and one extra .. the handsfree function is garbage. At least on my Cc2+ . I even added an external mic with wind guard and it's just bad. People can not understand me at all. From my research it stems from some hardware and codec issues that I can't solve. This is what I hate the most and may end up making me dump it.
Sponsored