Sponsored

Trp3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
So I'm looking to put this unit in my gladiator. What's the concensus on cc2+ vs cc3? What factory options if any do I lose? Also Android auto is included in the newest update? Would that work with my factory usb port? I'd like to also maintain the factory backup camera. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
So I'm looking to put this unit in my gladiator. What's the concensus on cc2+ vs cc3? What factory options if any do I lose? Also Android auto is included in the newest update? Would that work with my factory usb port? I'd like to also maintain the factory backup camera. Thanks
I would go CC3 as it has external mic, and I felt the mic for calls was the weakest part of the cc2. If you have upgraded screen with AC you will lose sync button. If you have crappy 5 inch HU you lose nothing. Yes it will work with factory usb and lastly, you will need backup camera adapter.

Trp3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I would go CC3 as it has external mic, and I felt the mic for calls was the weakest part of the cc2. If you have upgraded screen with AC you will lose sync button. If you have crappy 5 inch HU you lose nothing. Yes it will work with factory usb and lastly, you will need backup camera adapter.
Thanks. I currently have the 7" screen. Should I order from aliexpress or directly from teyes?

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I currently have the 7" screen. Should I order from aliexpress or directly from teyes?
I ordered from AliExpress, but whichever is cheaper and/or gets it to you faster is the way I would go.

Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
"Max A/C" is another feature lost, IIRC.

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's; 2020 Triumph Street Triple R
I have been watching this thread with great interest. Thank you to all who have posted and provided much needed information.

Two quick questions:
  1. are the only two products needed for a 2021 JLU the Teyes CC3 for Wrangler 4 and the Video Converter Box also for Wrangler 4? Or is there anything else I would need to make I have to completely install this head unit?
  2. do I need the 3GB RAM+32GB ROM version, the 4GB RAM+64GB ROM version, or the 6GB RAM+128GB ROM version?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been watching this thread with great interest. Thank you to all who have posted and provided much needed information.

Two quick questions:
  1. are the only two products needed for a 2021 JLU the Teyes CC3 for Wrangler 4 and the Video Converter Box also for Wrangler 4? Or is there anything else I would need to make I have to completely install this head unit?
  2. do I need the 3GB RAM+32GB ROM version, the 4GB RAM+64GB ROM version, or the 6GB RAM+128GB ROM version?

Thanks in advance.
The cc radio and backup camera adapter is all you will need.

answer to question 2 is personnel preference

Sponsored

Trp3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I see different answers when it comes to the factory camera and cutting the ahd wire. Some say cut it and others say not to. Any advice?

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
I see different answers when it comes to the factory camera and cutting the ahd wire. Some say cut it and others say not to. Any advice?
And on the contrary, I did cut and it also works fine.