Sponsored

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Am I able to somehow connect to this screen?
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL 20210316_160423

What is this screen for?
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL 20210316_160557

Lastly, when I try to view my rear camera while driving or parked, this is all I get. Is this simply a wire connection issue?
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL 20210316_160805

Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
More Camera problems: The CC2L+ is installed, and seems to be working just fine. But no back up camera. I did buy the Wrangler camera adapter and connected the wire labeled Switch to switched power, and the black to ground, but there was a wire labeled B+ which I left unconnected. Then I plugged the reddish co-ax type plastic plug into the adapter. Should the B+ wire be plugged into power? I don't see it listed in ant instructions I have been able to find yet.

Also, how do I get rid of all the fixed presets on the radio tuner?

I successfully got Backcountry Navigator installed and would like to get rid of Yandex if possible.

Also, and probably not last 😓. Should I see HVAC controls pop up on my screen. I've noticed that it does on some versions, but maybe only on CCL2 and not the lite version CCL2L+

Hillwalker

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
More Camera problems: The CC2L+ is installed, and seems to be working just fine. But no back up camera. I did buy the Wrangler camera adapter and connected the wire labeled Switch to switched power, and the black to ground, but there was a wire labeled B+ which I left unconnected. Then I plugged the reddish co-ax type plastic plug into the adapter. Should the B+ wire be plugged into power? I don't see it listed in ant instructions I have been able to find yet.

I successfully got Backcountry Navigator installed and would like to get rid of Yandex if possible.

Also, and probably not last 😓. Should I see HVAC controls pop up on my screen. I've noticed that it does on some versions, but maybe only on CCL2 and not the lite version CCL2L+

Hillwalker
I'm not a Teyes guy, but 'B+' is an old designation for battery power positive, so it should be on an unswitched circuit.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a Teyes guy, but 'B+' is an old designation for battery power positive, so it should be on an unswitched circuit.
Yes, I'm aware of that, but that particular lead is not shown nor mentioned on any instructions I have found yet.

Mike_Darko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Occupation
Web Developer
20210316_160423.jpg

What is this screen for?
20210316_160557.jpg

Lastly, when I try to view my rear camera while driving or parked, this is all I get. Is this simply a wire connection issue?
20210316_160805.jpg
Good news for those having issues with the cam, I got mine working after reaching out to support, they are usually connected at around 10 PM EST time

Support numbers: +86 136 8496 4012 and +86 151 1265 4482 on whatspp

Now here are the details, I have some videos I need to edit that might help some

Feel free to edit and improve it to help others, I'm still playing with the audio settings, mine has a sub and I can hear it, but for some, I feel like the sub was better with the factory radio

Issues I have with audio is
Crackle with some FM, some songs, the voice assistant is almost all the time, there seems to be an issue with some overpowering on some frequency that distorts audio.
Teyes said to lower the output to 60-40% quote "Open the settings, device settings, sound, volume power adjustment, and change 60 to 40"

Also notice that GPS on google maps gets lost many times, might be the placement or that I updated (Let me know which version you have!)
Yandex seems to track better, but I can't find an offline map for the US, might have to uninstall and install it from the web store again. Google maps that came with was more practical for radio, IDK which version they used.

Attachments

Mike_Darko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Occupation
Web Developer
Thanks!

Re the AUX switches. Currently you program the AUX switches via the Mopar HU. For example you can set latching (on/off) and/or power source (ignition/battery).

Also wondering about Apple Carplay... I understand that you might not use it given the built in HU functionality but wondering if you need an adapter or not for Carplay.

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Connection to the unit you won't have, as for carplay you need an adapter, there are wireless models for around $50 and wired for $30, you can find them on amazon but they are selling them for $80+

Someone asked for the data plans, there are companies you can use, just check that they are compatible, you can see the Radio spec on the site. I will try it eventually with a prepaid plan to see if its a good option, but for now I can just do hotspot.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 1.29.33 AM.png

Sponsored

Mike_Darko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Occupation
Web Developer
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 1.29.33 AM

What is this screen for?
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 1.29.33 AM

Forgot bout that part, that first image with the dial is for Teyed OBD, IDK how useful it might be, the second I'm not sure, would not touch, tho the numbers seem to be for RGB colors, calibration of some sort

Mike_Darko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Occupation
Web Developer

Hillwalker
Hey I replied with a PDF file to get the cam working

Yandex can't be uninstalled, same for some other apps

For AC to work you have to setup the canbus, did you do it?
it might be off on the settings, there are options to display those things under settings

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey I replied with a PDF file to get the cam working

Yandex can't be uninstalled, same for some other apps

For AC to work you have to setup the canbus, did you do it?
it might be off on the settings, there are options to display those things under settings
I am puzzled by the differences with the Adapter plug I have and the picture on your PDF. My Adapter plug has The RCA of course, but then has a yellow wire labeled ACC, a red wire labeled B+ and the black ground wire. The adapter connector pic in your PDF doesn't have the B+ wire. So, I connected the ACC wire to my lighter +, the B+ wire to the red power wire as you show on your PDF, and the Black GND wire also to the lighter GND. but still I get a black screen. "No Joy in Mudville".

Once I properly set the CAN to Grand Cherokee climate controls now pop up.

The pictures I have found of the adapter plug on the web don't show a B+ wire either. Maybe wrong cable was sent me.

Thanks for taking the time to help us all with these little problems. Tom

Mike_Darko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Occupation
Web Developer
I am puzzled by the differences with the Adapter plug I have and the picture on your PDF. My Adapter plug has The RCA of course, but then has a yellow wire labeled ACC, a red wire labeled B+ and the black ground wire. The adapter connector pic in your PDF doesn't have the B+ wire. So, I connected the ACC wire to my lighter +, the B+ wire to the red power wire as you show on your PDF, and the Black GND wire also to the lighter GND. but still I get a black screen. "No Joy in Mudville".

Once I properly set the CAN to Grand Cherokee climate controls now pop up.

The pictures I have found of the adapter plug on the web don't show a B+ wire either. Maybe wrong cable was sent me.

Thanks for taking the time to help us all with these little problems. Tom
hey,

I'm not sure about that, could be that they label those wrong, remember to enable AHD camera on the radio, and cut that loop cable. Mine is the CC3, other models might have slightly different setup.

Send some pictures I'll take a look, which model you have? teyes support said to connect the camera wires to the corresponding ports, ACC, B+ and GND. I traced the wires and connect them to the ones going into the CANBUS.

Mine did have wires labeled B+ (Yellow wire), ACC(RED), Ground/GND (black).
Also use the connections on B power section as indicated on the wire diagram, I tried using power from other sources and it never worked, my guess is that when on reverse those provide power and activates/ control the cam, specially the B+. Its better if you keep them grouped too.

Do you have the alpine audio system? some issues I've noticed on mine is that some songs crackle, base does not feel the same (probably all due to settings/filter frequency) if anyone has set them up pleas share. More recently I had an issue in which Bluetooth music stops/ one night it would stop and switch to radio and start scanning, bit crazy. This morning the reverse camera was flickering. I might have ti open the radio and add some electrical tape to those.

Mike_Darko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Occupation
Web Developer
No sorry, but I did buy their dash camera and I’ll have to open it up to install that... one day... so many mods sitting in my trunk 😩
hey did your model came with the alpine sub, factory sub? could you share your EQ settings, I think my sub is working like a speaker, don't hear base.
Sponsored