Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
Installed the CC3 last night. Everything seems to be working fine (great sound quality).
Does anyone know of a site (besides https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index.html) that explains what all of the touchscreen options do? I hate just going through and pushing buttons waiting for something to happen.
Also what are the best apps / apks you recommend?
I have a 450GB SSD drive plugged into one of the USB extensions that runs to my glovebox. I have all my music in lossless flac files on this drive. I purchased and installed Poweramp Pro to play the music and keep it organized. I use the EQ inside of poweramp to control my levels and I cannot recommend it enough. It is awesome.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Today I got to installing the supplied rear view camera as a front facing "Trail Cam". I did a bit of a hack job at modifying the gladiator grill insert that I bought to make it fit, but I think that it came out reasonably well and it was super easy!

I used the cutoff wheel on a dremel to remove the circular part of the insert housing and to open up a square hole. Then I just flipped the cameras mount so that the bracket was parallel to it's back and zip tied the bracket to the gladiator camera retention bracket. I then ran the wire up through the passenger side of the dash, to the top speaker pod area, folded the window forward and ran the cable out underneath the passenger plastic hood flaring and into the engine bay. Then I just made the connection at the grill and put everything back together again.

I am really impressed at the viewing angle and clarity of this camera. I saw that Teyes also sells a wider angle Sony camera, and that might be a good upgrade sometime, but for this one being provided free, I like it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL PXL_20210116_001912160
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL PXL_20210116_011126672
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL PXL_20210116_012300609
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL PXL_20210116_012709041
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL PXL_20210116_012728797

nonebeter99

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Today I got to installing the supplied rear view camera as a front facing "Trail Cam". I did a bit of a hack job at modifying the gladiator grill insert that I bought to make it fit, but I think that it came out reasonably well and it was super easy!

I used the cutoff wheel on a dremel to remove the circular part of the insert housing and to open up a square hole. Then I just flipped the cameras mount so that the bracket was parallel to it's back and zip tied the bracket to the gladiator camera retention bracket. I then ran the wire up through the passenger side of the dash, to the top speaker pod area, folded the window forward and ran the cable out underneath the passenger plastic hood flaring and into the engine bay. Then I just made the connection at the grill and put everything back together again.

I am really impressed at the viewing angle and clarity of this camera. I saw that Teyes also sells a wider angle Sony camera, and that might be a good upgrade sometime, but for this one being provided free, I like it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL PXL_20210116_012728797
I'm considering the Teyes CC3. I currently have the 8.4" Uconnect WITHOUT Alpine upgrade. The screen and features of the radio are great and the factory integration is obviously superb. But the sound quality is significantly lacking. I have a few questions.

-How is the integration of factory settings (control of aux switches, auto seat/steering wheel heat, climate controls, etc).

-There were complaints that the volume settings were not retained from previous use. So when the car turned off, the volume reset to a standard volume. Has this been fixed?

-Does the Android Auto/CarPlay work via the Jeep's factory USB connections (either in the console or at the media hub under the climate controls)?

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
I'm considering the Teyes CC3. I currently have the 8.4" Uconnect WITHOUT Alpine upgrade. The screen and features of the radio are great and the factory integration is obviously superb. But the sound quality is significantly lacking. I have a few questions.

-How is the integration of factory settings (control of aux switches, auto seat/steering wheel heat, climate controls, etc).

-There were complaints that the volume settings were not retained from previous use. So when the car turned off, the volume reset to a standard volume. Has this been fixed?

-Does the Android Auto/CarPlay work via the Jeep's factory USB connections (either in the console or at the media hub under the climate controls)?
yes CarPlay works for me in the factory usb slots.

As for the radio and vehicle controls everything works for me. I did lose my volume knob but I’ve gotten so used to using the steering wheel controls I don’t even notice. I have the volume set to around 15 on the freeway and 10 on local roads. When I turn off my Jeep and come back it defaults the volume to 8 and I love this feature.

Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I currently use apps on my Android phone to control and operate two cameras. A GoPro 8 black and a Removu K1 gimbaled camera. Since both apps came from Google Play Store, do you think that I can download the apps and get them to run on the CC2? My CC2 is being shipped on the proverbial Slowboat from China as I write this.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I currently use apps on my Android phone to control and operate two cameras. A GoPro 8 black and a Removu K1 gimbaled camera. Since both apps came from Google Play Store, do you think that I can download the apps and get them to run on the CC2? My CC2 is being shipped on the proverbial Slowboat from China as I write this.
I would say yes. The apps should run... But there is a catch. If the apps communicate via bluetooth, you will have a problem pairing to them. In short, teyes tried to disable bluetooth to anything but their obd2 adapter, and they did this by disabling the bluetooth control panel app and by turning off name discovery. There are workarounds published, and they work as I've paired my mx+ obd2.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say yes. The apps should run... But there is a catch. If the apps communicate via bluetooth, you will have a problem pairing to them. In short, teyes tried to disable bluetooth to anything but their obd2 adapter, and they did this by disabling the bluetooth control panel app and by turning off name discovery. There are workarounds published, and they work as I've paired my mx+ obd2.
Thanks for the info. Yes, they both use Bluetooth. Guess I will be doing a little research. I suppose my JScan and ICar Pro will also be blocked. Now looking through 4PDA for hints.

Last edited:

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Thanks for the info. Yes, they both use Bluetooth. Guess I will be doing a little research. I suppose my JScan and ICar Pro will also be blocked.
I have jscan and a few other apps working. The short trick is to find an app that will scan and add bluetooth devices without relying on the control panel. I'll check on what app that I used.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have jscan and a few other apps working. The short trick is to find an app that will scan and add bluetooth devices without relying on the control panel. I'll check on what app that I used.
THanks.

Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I believe the one that finally worked was the obdlink app. BUT, this may be because my obd module is the obdlink MX+, and their software only works with their modules. It's still probably worth a try.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THanks again. I have been browsing this morning in 4PDA.com and there seems to be lots of info on Teyes Head Units.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
I just finished (ish) my install of a CC2+. This thing is awesome!

Also, after doing the update (released 2 days ago), it has even a few features that I didn't know about, for example the factory features for setting switches, lighting, etc...

I did some customization of the factory wiring to get the mic working, the factory rear camera adapter, and a front trail cam in. but it all stuffed inside the dash quite easily.

I'll post more later. but so far i'm impressed!
PXL_20201230_222349003.jpg
Interested in the support for climate controls.

Specifically, in my JL with the 7" UC, the *ONLY* way to "sync" the passenger and driver's climate is through the factory touchscreen - there's no button to do this. Similarly, there's no way to set "Max A/C" without the touchscreen.

The video reviews that I've seen on the T`eyes show that the climate popup on these units isn't reactive (only reflect the button presses). Is that accurate?

So can you sync the climate controls? And/or enable "Max A/C?" If so, I'm in for the CC3.

Edit: There was also a review that stated there was an issue with the unit staying powered up when the doors were off. Wondering if you had encountered that issue.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Interested in the support for climate controls.

Specifically, in my JL with the 7" UC, the *ONLY* way to "sync" the passenger and driver's climate is through the factory touchscreen - there's no button to do this. Similarly, there's no way to set "Max A/C" without the touchscreen.

The video reviews that I've seen on the T`eyes show that the climate popup on these units isn't reactive (only reflect the button presses). Is that accurate?

So can you sync the climate controls? And/or enable "Max A/C?" If so, I'm in for the CC3.

Edit: There was also a review that stated there was an issue with the unit staying powered up when the doors were off. Wondering if you had encountered that issue.
You are correct. The hvac controls on the Teyes are not interactive. So, at the moment I can not use sync or max ac. I do have a few ideas on how to correct this, but we'll see what works.

And I have not tried the doors off bug... But a simple work around would be to swipe down from the top and hit standby. Or I could use tasker to do this as well.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
You are correct. The hvac controls on the Teyes are not interactive. So, at the moment I can not use sync or max ac. I do have a few ideas on how to correct this, but we'll see what works.
Thanks for the confirmation. Greatly appreciated.
Sponsored