Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey, I got the CC3 a couple of weeks ago and installed it over the weekend. I want to use it independently from my phone. Today, I went to an AT&T store to get a SIM card for it. However, when they tried to activate it and put my IMEI number, the system said that the device was no longer supported and couldn't activate the SIM card. Has anyone been able to get a SIM card to work with the CC3 recently? Thanks

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I contacted Teyes support and they sent me instructions to change the IMEIs.
Going back to ATT to get a SIM card. Hope it works this time.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
On another note, I can't make my OEM reverse camera to work.
Did all the connections according to page 3 of the pdf, except for the G5: Reverse detection.
Page 2 shows a yellow wire connected to G5, but the only yellow wire I got is the B+, which is connected to G2.
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!

Sponsored

Panamanian

First Name
Panamanian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2017
Pictures would be better.

But I think G3 is permanent 12v and G5 is 12v (activated only while reversing your car).

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Pictures would be better.

But I think G3 is permanent 12v and G5 is 12v (activated only while reversing your car).
Thx. I got also the 360 cameras so I think I will not be using the stock camera. At least not for reverse.

PumaChabra

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Thank you all for the info!
I purchased the 6Gb of ram teyes cc3 2k and installed it in my 2020 Jeep Gladiator sport. With extra backup camera (that I plan to install as a trail cam) and wiring it came to $620.
A few updates since not many people have installed the 2k cc3.
1. Yes it’s gorgeous.
2. more pixels means more ram usage. Hence why i splurged for the 6Gb version. It shows over 3.2 Gb used out of 6 if i’m running apple car play wirelessly. So if you plan to use that feature i’d get 4gb minimum.
3. It came updated to the latest software. wireless apple car ply worked out of the box. I had to connect with bluetooth via the bluetooth app and then enable carplay. now it works automatically.
4. doors off shutdown works without issue after a. quick setting change.
5. I have aftermarket 3ohm speakers installed with kicker hs10 subwoofer wired via the rear speaker lines. This sound quality is immensely better and louder. i will run an rca to the subwoofer soon and equalize it separate than the speakers.
6. Steering wheel controls work, and hvac shows up on screen after changes are made.
7. Stock rear backup camera is working in hd with the driving lines on the screen. (i’ve noticed the steering controls don’t work while in reverse).
8. for those worried about screen brightness: you can slide your finger down from the top once to show some quick buttons, pull that down again and there is a blackout option.
9. built in microphone works but isn’t amazing. might use the included external mic on the future but it’s fine for now.

PROBLEMS:
1. as i said, steering wheel controls don’t work while in reverse.
2. reverse screen is black and white except the driving lines which are in color…. ideas?
3. bezel fits well but allows the radio to slide out. I plan to add a few pieces of double sided tape in the corners; between the bezel and the radio to help secure it.

So far, work EVERY PENNY. I’ve been using it for a month and i’ve had the backup camera so the rainbow color glitch screen once, and noticed wireless carplay didn’t want to connect if my wife’s iphone was connected to the stock usb port. Besides that and the b&e reverse it’s been issue free.

I hope this helps and someone can help me with the reverse cam color.

70949843316__80B64793-80E9-484E-BC92-9A19C7F3165C.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

mwahl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled 2012 JKUR; new to me 2018 JLUR
I'll add to the list of Teyes cc3 2k users. I had a similar Android in my JKUR, mainly for upgraded audio and am a generally handy Android user (although iPhone for business!). My experience has been better than expected so far with the following noteworthy points.

JLUR 2018 2.0T - recovering from a totalled 2012 JKUR, so i'm only 3 months in.

1. Audio was an absolute disaster at first, so don't freak out. Make sure you adjust your stock settings to flat level and don't use any Teyes audio adjustments till you get this right. You can still access this from Teyes. Will likely have to pull gain down, level eq, etc.
2. Bluetooth audio can be enhanced in Android Developer settings.
3. My attempts to get factory stock cam working have all failed. I've asked WA tech support for directions (and have read through threads of others attempts), but they just want to see a video of what i did. Kind of backwards for support. Some cut, others don't, Some need yellow wire run, others dont. I've tried every combo and the best i get is a pink fuzzy distortion. It is possible the previous owner installed an aftermarket cam, but it ran through stock great.
4. Wireless carplay has been fantastic, my only issue is that i need to let it start up wirelessly, connect and then plug in USB. If i do USB first it wont ever connect. I'll likely convert my bulletpoint magsafe mount to the wireless charger version so I'll avoid the issue entirely.
5. Plan is for a massive audio upgrade (yes, im one of those...). Currently replaced the front pairs with Audio Frogs (2.5/6.5) to keep my sanity. 3 way active (morels) with custom pillars in the front, dual 4x150w RMS amps for the 3 and fills, a 1x1500 for dual 10s and just picked up a Helix DSP Pro mk2 with Director to run it from. I am thinking i may have to install a false floor in the rear to accommodate.

Any help with reverse cam would be appreciated, feel free to message direct.

thefakebecky

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hi All- New to the Wrangler world, and considering replacing my factory 5" head unit with a Teyes CC3 for my 2020 JL.

For anyone with the CC3, can you confirm that it comes with the Jeep radio harness connector, and I do not need to purchase that separately? I've confirmed this for the CC2, but not the CC3. The photos on the Teyes website do not show the Jeep-specific connector as being included, but that harness is showing up for me at the bottom of the page under the "Items also purchased with this unit" section.

T'EYES CC3 Jeep Wrangler 4 JL (2018-2021)

Thanks!
Sponsored