Sponsored

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
I decided to start a separate thread about this head unit as I think of the few people that have purchased this unit I have had the most issues due to the wrong canbus being sent from China.

This thread is for information I have observed and is in NO WAY an endorsement of this product. I am not getting any kind of kick back on this, I just don't want you to go through the struggles that I did.

My Jeep Specs:

2018 JLU Sport S
5 Inch Unconnect
Alpine Premium Speaker Upgrade from factory
Dash speakers replaced with 3.5" Infinity REF-3032cfx speakers
Knee Panel speakers replaced with Metra Pods and 6.5" Focal RCX-165 speakers.

First off you may be asking what is the Teyes CC2? It is an android based 9" screen designed to fit in the limited space provided in the Jeep JL/JLU and Gladiator.

Here is the link to it, and again this is for information only. (Open the page in Chrome and Google will translate to English)

Teyes CC2 Android Head Unit

I purchased mine on June 24th along with a wired CarPlay Adapter and the factory Rear Camera adapter. All in for the head unit, rear camera adapter and the carplay adapter I spent $505.

The CarPlay adapter I have is no longer sold but I linked another just like the one I have. Links Below.

Factory Rear Camera Adapter

CarPlay Adapter

So as I said I ordered on June 24th right in the middle of Covid crunch, and it was delivered on August 15th. When I got it I scheduled my local car toys to do the installation and that's when things started going down hill.

Car Toys could get the radio to boot up and work, but it was not talking to my Jeep. The canbus that was sent to me had 20 pins, whereas the wire harness only had 16 pins. After leaving Car Toys dejected, kudos to them they didn't charge me, I looked into this and discovered that they sent me the canbus for a Mitsubishi Lancer/Outlander instead. This was upsetting but things like this happen. I contacted Teyes support through What's App.

For anyone needing Teyes support, this is the ONLY way you will get support. Get up early since the time difference to Russia is off and contact them relentlessly on What's App. Here is the number on WA that you need to send to. Add the number EXACTLY as it is shown here including the + sign. +86 136 8496 4012

Again that is the only way to get help!

Since I hadn't tried to the get the radio installed straight away and working with support was a bit slow, we eventually got a replacement part on the way on September the 8th. I waited for a few weeks patiently and then at the beginning of October I tried to track the part and it was nowhere to be found. I contacted support again and they said the order was lost. So on October the 6th another unit was dispatched. I FINALLY got the correct canbus on Friday October 30th 2020. Man this year can just suck it........

So while I waited on my part to get here, I set the radio up on my bench and started playing around with it.

The wiring diagram is pretty decent but ZERO instructions, ZERO means ZERO so don't ask because there are ZERO instructions. There are a few videos out there but there are precious few for the Jeep JL.

Here is what you need to know, the plugs for the back of the radio are modular for the inputs. They can only plug in one place as they all size specific. This makes it easy, if you have a connector and it fits that is where it goes. If it does not fit it is either not needed or in the wrong place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL wiring diagram clean

Port A - Audio and Video Multi-Function port. This has a power line that you connect to the CC2 integrated fan. There is also and AMP-C line and a few other video inputs. These are not used unless you are adding another camera or taking advantage of the DVR function that the CC2 can do.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL powerfan

The white radio antenna plugs into the antenna adapter that comes with the kit and that in turn plugs into the round hole, labelled "H" above, on the back of the CC2. Easy peasy! The Jeep does not have a powered antenna so you do not need to connect the power ANT to anything leave it alone.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL antennaclean

The factory grey USB port plug will plug into the single micro USB connector that has a size specific plug, labelled above as port "D". This connection I recommend taping together as it felt loose to me. I used the fabric wire harness tape that is made for cars to do this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL factoryusbclean

The CC2 gives you two extra single USB ports in a combined cable, labeled port "E" above. I have one end connected to my CarPlay adapter and the other end runs behind the dash to my glove box. I have a 450GB SSD drive plugged into this port with all my music on it. All my files are LOSSLESS .flac files and they play natively on the CC2. Sound is awesome!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL dualsubclean

The rear camera adapter will need to be jumped to an ACC ignition source. I grabbed mine from the back of the 12V cigarette lighter. You could use the aux buttons if you have the panel installed. The rear camera input will plug into port "F" on the back of the CC2.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL rearcameraclean

Here is where you will need to tap into the main harness for the ACC line input from your 12V source.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL acclineclean

And lastly here is a diagram of the overall wire harness. Port "G" will plug into the back of the CC2 while the canbus goes to the canbus and the large black connector is where the Jeep factory radio harness will tie in. There is also a smaller white connector that will plug into port "C" on the CC2 for the Canbus

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL wireharnessclean

If they deliver the correct hardware to you, this install can be done in an hour or two depending on how comfortable you are with tearing your Jeep apart. I had already taken my entire dash apart to replace the knee panel speakers so this was a breeze. I will be posting some videos soon showing how to do certain things like change the look and feel of your unit, boot logos etc...

But for now I can honestly say this is a vast improvement over the base level 5" uconnect screen that came in my Jeep and this upgrade is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR less than the infotainment upgrades to the larger mopar screens.

Feel free to bombard me with questions.

Greg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the page to go to for system updates. Again open in chrome so that it translates to English for you

https://cc2.teyes.ru/

Factory Code is "168" for advanced features in the head unit

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for creating this thread.

I'm very familiar with running Android headunits to replace factory units. You can usually get much more functionality, but give up some proprietary features like heating and air conditioning controls. How does the Teyes CC2 handle this?

Other general features like hands-free bluetooth and steering wheel controls work well.

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for creating this thread.

I'm very familiar with running Android headunits to replace factory units. You can usually get much more functionality, but give up some proprietary features like heating and air conditioning controls. How does the Teyes CC2 handle this?

Other general features like hands-free bluetooth and steering wheel controls work well.
Steering wheel controls work once you program the unit. When you adjust the fan speed you can see that it pops up the controls at the bottom of the screen and yes they work, although the touch screen doesn't since i do not have a compatible AC panel installed in my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL ac controls

Settings > Factory (Enter Code 168) > Car Model and select the below options. Select DVD AMP if you have the factory Alpine and DVD if you dont.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL car

Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL model

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! Appreciate the screen shots.

Sponsored

wtm

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited sport
Thank you for this! Am very close to getting the Teyes but am concerned about the other issue I saw, regarding not powering down when the doors are off. Can you shed any light on this?

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for this! Am very close to getting the Teyes but am concerned about the other issue I saw, regarding not powering down when the doors are off. Can you shed any light on this?
have not had the doors off since I installed it. I will try to test it

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Just got my CC3 installed today and holy cow, what a difference! I can actually see what’s on my camera lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks great, I have finally got my EQ tuned in and the sound is sooooooo good. I am using the power amp pro EQ

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I saw where the CC3 has the ability to connect an external microphone. Did yours come with that? That is the one thing I wish was better on the CC2

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
So I saw where the CC3 has the ability to connect an external microphone. Did yours come with that? That is the one thing I wish was better on the CC2
It came with an extra external mic but the headunit already has an internal mic on the left side of the screen closest to my mouth which works well on the few calls I’ve had

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They must have improved the internal mic on the CC3. Nobody can hear me well when I’m driving.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I am looking at going down the CC3 route as well and have a couple of questions...

Rear Camera: It was said to not cut the wire on the adapter, but in the instructions that wire enables "AHD" output. Does that mean that the backup camera is now low resolution? Does the CC3 support AHD as an option? I don't want to lose my clear backup camera.

Dimming: Can you describe how the dimming of this screen works? Does it get dim enough to match the rest of the lights at night? I usually run the dimmer knob at about half if not lower and absolutely hate having a bright screen in the cabin. In my truck that i added a touchscreen, i have to turn the screen off at night drives because it's just too bright.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I am looking at going down the CC3 route as well and have a couple of questions...

Rear Camera: It was said to not cut the wire on the adapter, but in the instructions that wire enables "AHD" output. Does that mean that the backup camera is now low resolution? Does the CC3 support AHD as an option? I don't want to lose my clear backup camera.

Dimming: Can you describe how the dimming of this screen works? Does it get dim enough to match the rest of the lights at night? I usually run the dimmer knob at about half if not lower and absolutely hate having a bright screen in the cabin. In my truck that i added a touchscreen, i have to turn the screen off at night drives because it's just too bright.
Looks pretty HD to me, but I came from the 5" so I have nothing to compare to.

I purchased the video converter box to retain my factory backup camera.
Sponsored