Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Hello all:

I have been trying to get my Uconnect to display my text messages and I get an error saying that my device isn't set up for it. By device I am assuming that it means my phone? My phone is an Iphone 8+.

I had this feature on my crappy 2015 Silverado and my 2019 Tacoma: I would expect that the 2020 Sahara is capable of displaying them? Whenever a text message would arrive it would display that I received a text message from "joe smith" and it would play it for me or display it if I wasn't driving.

I use just my Bluetooth settings: do I have to be hard wired to have this feature work?

This technology challenged old guy would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!
Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I'm not all that up to date with the latest vehicle-phone integration technology myself. But I think Jeep might have chosen to forego supporting this over Bluetooth since you can get Siri to read your text message in CarPlay (requires wired connection, or with a wireless CarPlay adapter).

I'm not sure if CarPlay will display the text messages on screen. In my other vehicle I could only get Siri to read it, and reply via dictation.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Go under your Bluetooth settings on your phone. Click on the "I with a circle" next to the UConnect one and at the top there is a "Show Notifications" check box. Check that and it should work.

OP
OP
Ghost7th

Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Go under your Bluetooth settings on your phone. Click on the "I with a circle" next to the UConnect one and at the top there is a "Show Notifications" check box. Check that and it should work.
Thank you!

That did the trick. I never had to do that before.
Sponsored