Texas Trail Edition Wrangler spotted on build & price

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Just saw this on Jeep build and price... Not JL related but interesting...

0A1564D4-EB5D-4FAE-8F83-131AF214EADB.jpeg
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. Especially considering that there’s no trails at all in Texas at all outside of privately owned off-road parks.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Bouncing through the site it appears $1500+ for different tires, wheels and they add side steps plus a decal.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Is it regional, or can everyone get one? Don't really get it, the only public trails here are on the beaches (stay out of the dunes!), and in the national parks, Big Bend NP and Guadalupe Mountains NP. Even those have limited opportunities. Big Bend Sate Park may have some trails, not sure.

I'm sure there are a lot of private ranches in the Hill Country that have great trails on them. Just no way to access them.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Interesting. Especially considering that there’s no trails at all in Texas at all outside of privately owned off-road parks.
I know of one not on private property
Jeep Wrangler JL Texas Trail Edition Wrangler spotted on build & price 904F8444-39D9-4A13-A81D-34BF17E2CD25

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Is it regional, or can everyone get one? Don't really get it, the only public trails here are on the beaches (stay out of the dunes!), and in the national parks, Big Bend NP and Guadalupe Mountains NP. Even those have limited opportunities. Big Bend Sate Park may have some trails, not sure.

I'm sure there are a lot of private ranches in the Hill Country that have great trails on them. Just no way to access them.
I went to Big Bend Ranch State Park this weekend. Several trials there and at the neighboring national park. Good places to ride the Jeep out to some where more than a mile from other humans. May get some pinstriping there though.

I know Jeep Jamboree does a yearly event a Palo Duro Canyon, and there is usually one other cheaper event there too. Some state sanctioned OHV areas just to mess around in too.

So, there are some trails, just not so much on the eastern side of the state.

Also, pretty much every brand has a “Texas Edition” pickup. I guess FCA doesn’t want someone to go buy a Toyota just because the Jeep doesn’t have a star on it and say Texas on it.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
what... no cow bell and hood mounted bull horns in the texas trail package.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
It's a future Craigslist ad waiting to happen:

JR WRANGLAR TEXUIS HOLDEM DITION
RARE!!!!
no low ball offers i know what i got
DID I SAY RARE!!!

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Only been to Texas once but find this interesting given Texas is bigger than some countries.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Only been to Texas once but find this interesting given Texas is bigger than some countries.
Texas has one of the lowest percent of public land of all 50 states (47th) - less than 1.92% or something like that, everything is private.
People don’t ask uninvited people to leave their property: they just shoot them.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Barbed wire around everything.

When Texas entered the US in 1845, it had been it’s own country for 10 years. It did not want to have any debt to the US, and wanted no federal owned lands in it’s borders. Following the Mexican war, In order to pay of the debt to the US, in 1850 Texas ceded land in parts of what is now New Mexico, east of the Rio Grande, Colorado, east of the Rio Grande and north from it’s from it’s source to the Louisiana purchase border in southeast Wyoming, then east about 50 miles, then south to the Arkanasas River, then east until it lines up with the present day longitude line that is the eastern border of the Panhandle.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
The lack of public land is a big reason I don't want to move back to TX. Its so nice to have access to thousands of miles of free trails.

From what I have seen, most "Texas Edition" trucks are just a normal trim level with a Texas badge or three on them and it is regional. You might find a new one on the lot outside TX/LA/OK but it isn't common.
Sponsored