Texas to Moab route and stops?

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Looks like a few of us will be there during this time frame. My group is arriving Saturday 9/17 and Sunday 9/18. We will be leaving the following Saturday 9/24. In the past we went early May but the couple that usually sets up the trips decided September this year.

We are coming out of Memphis, TN. Most of our group are in our local club. Most of us are staying at Moab Rim camp park. Not sure what trails we are doing Monday and Tuesday yet. Maybe we will run into each other.
Monday will likely be a chill day and prep for departure. Nothing to adventurous that day, maybe something easy like Schafer switchbacks or onion creek. Tuesday we will depart for Albuquerque. We have been going in May and September but this year we ran out of vacation time and cancelled last may to bank for September. Still we may see you guys and if you get in and hit something on Sunday, keep me posted I may join you.
Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Depending what route and time you have can stop at Palo duro canyon outside Amarillo and do some wheeling for a day at Merus adventure off road park. https://merusadventure.com/

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Monday will likely be a chill day and prep for departure. Nothing to adventurous that day, maybe something easy like Schafer switchbacks or onion creek. Tuesday we will depart for Albuquerque. We have been going in May and September but this year we ran out of vacation time and cancelled last may to bank for September. Still we may see you guys and if you get in and hit something on Sunday, keep me posted I may join you.
I know I’ll be there late Saturday night. I think the majority of our group won’t be here until Sunday late afternoon or evening. So maybe we can meet up and hit something Sunday. I’m game for most trails. We are putting out trail plan together in a couple weeks.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Depending what route and time you have can stop at Palo duro canyon outside Amarillo and do some wheeling for a day at Merus adventure off road park. https://merusadventure.com/
This looks really cool! This may end up being a weekend trip for us since most of our Moab trip planning is pretty squared away.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what i figured but thought I’d mention it. Moab will be a blast!

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have wheeled from Texas to Moab. how much time do you want to use before you get to Moab or use to get home from Moab. Are you sight seeing or looking for good to great wheeling.?

I also just spent a month wheeling in Moab, I have done about 50 or so of the trails listed in your guide book. Been to Moab three times.

a good tip if you plan on going to Archs National Park. If you head north out of Moab turn right on to Willow Springs Rd. It turns into a trail that will lead you into Arches National Park. You can skip the lines, reservations.....all the hassles and just go. Then you can drive back out the main entrance with zero hassles.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have wheeled from Texas to Moab. how much time do you want to use before you get to Moab or use to get home from Moab. Are you sight seeing or looking for good to great wheeling.?

I also just spent a month wheeling in Moab, I have done about 50 or so of the trails listed in your guide book. Been to Moab three times.

a good tip if you plan on going to Archs National Park. If you head north out of Moab turn right on to Willow Springs Rd. It turns into a trail that will lead you into Arches National Park. You can skip the lines, reservations.....all the hassles and just go. Then you can drive back out the main entrance with zero hassles.
We are doing about 50-50 on sightseeing and wheeling. We have three days dedicated to Moab and 5 days of stopping in AZ and NM to and from North Texas.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If you run Willow Springs, keep an eye out on the south side of the trail as you get closer to arches, there's an area with Dinosaur tracks, small fence and a educational plaque will give it away.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Has anyone done Copper Ridge? Looks fun.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone done Copper Ridge? Looks fun.
I've done Copper Ridge Dinosaur track site. It is a short hike from the parking lot and it's a pretty cool small track site with very well defined tracks. Very easy to find.
Sponsored