Texas to Moab route and stops?

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I’m planning a trip in September and just looking for advice on where to stay and places to stop along the way. Any insight would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Following since I plan on making the same run hopefully in early October but more than likely it will be next spring

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

For what it is worth, we are staying at an AirBnB in Moab at the end of August. Not cheap, but plenty of space and a hot tub to soak and unwind in. To old to sleep on the ground in a tent anymore...

Located south of "downtown" Moab and adjacent to the golf course

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
We liked Moab Springs Ranch. They have a “meadow” where the pools and hot tubs are that is crazy for the location (tree covered, full lawn, hammocks, water features, etc). On site coffee shop. And small hiking trails. Just on the Arches side of downtown.

https://www.moabspringsranch.com/

One bedroom bungalow we stayed in was fairly new and well done with a great bathroom. Was very competitive for our last second booking.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
We just rent cabins at the Moab rim tv park. About $110 a night. We are going September 17 out of the Memphis, Tn area. We just take 40 across and head north out of Albuquerque to Moab.

Some of our group got a Airbnb because the tv park sold out that week. We all meet every morning at the city grocery in town across from the McDonald’s. It’s only a couple miles from the rv park.

7D9325C7-3F07-4759-8F22-8969F8C9A707.png

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
When @B_AIRS and I went out there we stopped in Farmington, NM. It front loads the drive but puts you a comfortable ~3 hrs from elephant hill if you’re thinking about doing that trail. After running it we still got to Moab around 5 pm.

Newspaper rock is on the road to elephant hill too and worth a look.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Moab’s Backyard Theater was kind of cool for midweek in town. Free bluegrass/western local bands and BYOB. About a block behind Zax pizza.

Not sure on route from TX, but Telluride/Ouray is only a few hours east of Moab and is completely different.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thanks for all the advice everyone! I’m going to look into everyone’s recommendations when I get home.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
There is such a huge range of options on accommodations and sights to see on the way. Are you RV-ing, Tent camping, or looking for a hotel and are you planning on budgeting or splurging? How long is your vacation and what do you like to do? We love to add in stops on our road trips to a lot of SW cultural sites like the Cliff Dwellings at Escalante, RT66 stuff, maybe a Slot canyon, Monument Valley, four corners etc. This year we will be staying in Ouray in early September for 3 days then into Moab for 11 days. If your splurging then I recommend The Red Cliffs Lodge in a King suite on the River Side Gorgeous and on the way stay one night at the View Hotel in Monument Valley and get up early to watch the sunrise from your balcony. Time lapse it with a GoPro. So Much excellent stuff to see and do. We may see you out there and hit a trail together.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
There is such a huge range of options on accommodations and sights to see on the way. Are you RV-ing, Tent camping, or looking for a hotel and are you planning on budgeting or splurging? How long is your vacation and what do you like to do? We love to add in stops on our road trips to a lot of SW cultural sites like the Cliff Dwellings at Escalante, RT66 stuff, maybe a Slot canyon, Monument Valley, four corners etc. This year we will be staying in Ouray in early September for 3 days then into Moab for 11 days. If your splurging then I recommend The Red Cliffs Lodge in a King suite on the River Side Gorgeous and on the way stay one night at the View Hotel in Monument Valley and get up early to watch the sunrise from your balcony. Time lapse it with a GoPro. So Much excellent stuff to see and do. We may see you out there and hit a trail together.
We will be off for the trip September 10th through the 18th. Let me know if you might be interested in hitting a trail or two. We were planning to visit Arches and some BOH trails. Looking into rafting and rock climbing as well.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We will be off for the trip September 10th through the 18th. Let me know if you might be interested in hitting a trail or two. We were planning to visit Arches and some BOH trails. Looking into rafting and rock climbing as well.
We will be in Moab from the 9th-20th. Definitely hit a trail or two with you. I'll send you a conversation and get you my contact info. We are staying at the Moab Valley RV resort.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
We will be in Moab from the 9th-20th. Definitely hit a trail or two with you. I'll send you a conversation and get you my contact info. We are staying at the Moab Valley RV resort.
Looks like a few of us will be there during this time frame. My group is arriving Saturday 9/17 and Sunday 9/18. We will be leaving the following Saturday 9/24. In the past we went early May but the couple that usually sets up the trips decided September this year.

We are coming out of Memphis, TN. Most of our group are in our local club. Most of us are staying at Moab Rim camp park. Not sure what trails we are doing Monday and Tuesday yet. Maybe we will run into each other.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
We will be in Moab the 13-15th. Plan to stop in Albuquerque, NM and Page, AZ on the way there. Heading back we will be hitting Sedona, AZ and Sant Fe, NM.
Sponsored