Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I took a day this weekend to explore part of the Texas Hill Country Overland Route from Fredericksburg up to Mason, TX. It is a mix of paved and dirt country back roads and includes a crossing of the James River just south of Mason. It was a beautiful scenic drive and satisfied my urge to get off pavement a little (still waiting for Big Bend to open up and looking forward to a planned trip to Colorado in August). There are many places to stop and take pictures and a couple places to even play around and crawl over some rock ledges (very mild and easy, stock rigs like mine would have no issues). Here are a few pictures from the day:

txor1.jpg

txor2.jpg

txor4.jpg

txor3.jpg

Advertisement

texasrugby911

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S 2 Door
Great pictures! I'm planning on getting out there at some point to get off the pavement with the girlfriend. How long did the whole route take you?

OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Great pictures! I'm planning on getting out there at some point to get off the pavement with the girlfriend. How long did the whole route take you?
According to my Gaia GPS track, total driving time was 2:43 minutes for the section from Fredericksburg to Mason. That said, we left Fredericksburg around 12:15 or so and we got to Mason around 5:30 as we stopped many times to take pictures and get out to walk around.

72Blazer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Blazer 07.5 Duramax 18 JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Should have made a pit stop at K2 or Wolfcaves! Looks like a fun day.

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement