chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
ryobi-inflators-p737kn-64_1000.jpg
so my brother had this, he said he added air to a slow leaking tire quite a few times during the summer and battery lasted.
So I borrowed it, I am going to air all 4 tires down, and see if it can refill them on 1 battery, may be a cheap onboard air solution if it can.
Sponsored

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I like Ryobi's tools, and I don't know that compressor. But I'm guessing that you are in for a very long challenge. If you're planning on this, I would recommend just doing 1 tire first to see how long the refill will take.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
See you next year lol

I know there are actual cordless air compressors by DeWalt, Ridgid, ect. that could do the job.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I wouldn’t trust a battery powered compressor to air me up when I’m in a remote area. It’s probably fine for filling pool rafts and bike tires or taking the tire of your wife’s car from 28 psi to 32 psi. I had a viair compressor for several years and also had a powertank. That was by far the best setup. I have a smittybilt compressor now that does really well.

Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
A VIAIR 88p is relatively cheap. Buy two for redundancy and to speed things up.

Filliat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
don't do it, i have the exact model. i sometimes use it to air up a tire on my truck that has a slow leak, we're talking about needing 10 psi or less. i always have to break it into 2 or 3 segments because the compressor gets quite hot (don't want to burn it up). The unit can do probably 1 psi every 90 seconds or so. it's nice to have incase you have an issue but i wouldn't bank on it.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
By all means try this......and make a YouTube video......and do it in a remote, wilderness area for some drama effects. Oh.....and better bring a communications system in case you need to call for help. Grin.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've been using the M12 inflators as a stop gap until I find a solution I like. I only carry them with 6.0 batts, and it works ok-ish on my 38's.

When I was running ~24psi they were surprisingly good airing up from ~13 to 24. I'd carry 2 inflators and get at least 2 air-up sessions from them. Then I found the Pats wear in really dumb ways at 24psi so now I run 30 but the inflators struggle with that.

Milwaukee now has an M18 compressor I want to try, and I'm heavily invested in Milwaukee -- including a half dozen 12.0s ---so batteries are not an issue.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...-Quiet-Compressor-Tool-Only-2840-20/312244443

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Did someone say Ryobi?

I have the deluxe version of this where you set the PSI you want and just let it go. I noticed one of my original Michelins that I took off a few months ago and is now sitting in my garage was nearly flat (3psi) the other day so I plugged in the Ryobi inflator, set it to 40psi, and left it to do its thing while I kept working in the garage. It took maybe 10 or 15 minutes. I had a 4ah battery in it and the 4 bar charge meter was still full when it was done (not terribly accurate, it could have used nearly 25% I guess). Anyhoo, the point being; you could maybe use this thing without burning it out to air back up if you had some time to kill. I'd imagine it has some thermal protections. Now, if you had four of them going at the same time..... that might not be too bad.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
If you want a battery powered option, I would look at an actual air compressor, not an inflator. Most of those inflators are designed to top off tires, even moreso passenger cars. I don't have my Jeep yet, but plan to carry my DEWALT Compressor when I go on trips I'll need to air down. It's 60v and not too big, plus I can use it for trim work and other things around the house. I do have a DEWALT Inflator for my wife's car and mine now, that I'll keep in the Jeep for emergencies, but I agree that those things will take FOREVER on normal tires, let alone a large SUV tire

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited