Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Will 35's fit on the stock 392 carrier? I have the reinforced tailgate option, if that matters.
35's shouldn't be an issue, I had a 35 on my 2018 JLUR for about 2 years. Then it finally started creaking a little bit so I added the Rusty's Tire Carrier.

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
We spent all day Sunday test fitting and swapping tires to try out 35's, 37's and 40's on our stock Wrangler 392! It was a long day, but definitely worth it to be able to see all 3 sizes on the 392 to help us decide what size tires to order for it. What size would you go with?

Does the 392 have more bump stop to clear the bigger tires? I understand the springs and shocks make it sit higher, but what are the other differences? Bump stops? Track bars? Control arms?

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
A few differences Iā€™ve noticed on mine. Rear sway bar is spaced down. Rear axle bump pad is spaced up (both in pics). And front upper bumpstop (can) is quite a bit longer. I havenā€™t put a tape on it, but guessing in the 2ā€ range.

Iā€™ve also read that the frame side rear control arm mounts are in different spots.

6514EBBE-8673-4C9B-AE06-A8A060E9D539.jpeg

6C443008-6014-4672-ADAD-B4DF176FABE8.jpeg

jandersendo

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
We spent all day Sunday test fitting and swapping tires to try out 35's, 37's and 40's on our stock Wrangler 392! It was a long day, but definitely worth it to be able to see all 3 sizes on the 392 to help us decide what size tires to order for it. What size would you go with?

Hey - iā€™ve been watching your videos about getting the 37ā€˜s installed and having to take the beauty rings off. Did you have them reinstall the beauty rings before balancing the tires? Or did you install them after they were balanced? Iā€™m basically wondering if I can have the tire shop thatā€™s going to do my swap balance the tires without the beauty rings without causing any issues after I reinstall them. Thank you for your help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey - iā€™ve been watching your videos about getting the 37ā€˜s installed and having to take the beauty rings off. Did you have them reinstall the beauty rings before balancing the tires? Or did you install them after they were balanced? Iā€™m basically wondering if I can have the tire shop thatā€™s going to do my swap balance the tires without the beauty rings without causing any issues after I reinstall them. Thank you for your help!
Discount Tire wouldnā€™t touch the beauty rings, so they mounted and balanced the wheels/tires without the rings and then I put them back on when they were done.

jandersendo

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Discount Tire wouldnā€™t touch the beauty rings, so they mounted and balanced the wheels/tires without the rings and then I put them back on when they were done.
And no issues with balance?