Sponsored

Test drove Land Rover Defender

ReggieFred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
I test drove the new Land Rover Defender yesterday. Very nice. The dealership had 4 to look at and one was really optioned well. I drove the base S.E. model.
Sponsored

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I test drove the new Land Rover Defender yesterday. Very nice. The dealership had 4 to look at and one was really optioned well. I drove the base S.E. model.
They do look nice, particularly the interior. Optioned out they're pushing $75k which is....well, ouch. That plus Land Rover's sketchy reliability is a pass for me.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I agree they look sharp. But I still, for the life of me, don't understand why LR didn't make a convertible option. The old Defenders were, like Wranglers, perfect fun summer vehicles. Whether it's on the Serengeti, a trail in Utah, or just driving around town, who doesn't want to experience the open air. Hopefully they fix this in future years.

OP
OP

ReggieFred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
They do like nice, particularly the interior. Optioned out they're pushing $75k which is....well, ouch. That plus Land Rover's sketchy reliability is a pass for me.
Reliability can’t be more sketchy than FCA. An optioned base model is not too far out of reach and the bonus is their dealership won’t treat you like an alien if you use the vehicle as they intended.

Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They are nice, no doubt. But as others have mentioned, just to get the “mid point” we are talking 70-80k. I just picked up my Jeep last weekend and people have asked why I didn’t wait for the bronco. The bronco (renderings at least) and defender look nice in their own respect, but I really love how aggressive the flares and big tires on the jeep look. I still don’t think these will be “direct” competitors, per say.

OP
OP

ReggieFred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
They are nice, no doubt. But as others have mentioned, just to get the “mid point” we are talking 70-80k. I just picked up my Jeep last weekend and people have asked why I didn’t wait for the bronco. The bronco (renderings at least) and defender look nice in their own respect, but I really love how aggressive the flares and big tires on the jeep look. I still don’t think these will be “direct” competitors, per say.
People are like politicians. I have built several on their website. You can get one for less than 70 or 80, unless your including interest over the entire amortization of the loan and have poor credit with a champagne taste. They start at 50, that’s what a rubicon is priced at. For that small difference I will get the Defender.

Prioritypest

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2019 Land Rover Discovery 2020 Jeep Willys
My wife has a 2019 discovery and its had serious issues since we got it. I always refer to it as her overpriced ford explorer. She has already stated in a year shes going back to audi.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Cant believe people think it looks good. I think its terrible all around. Terrible styling, soft roader unibody, no credibility. I think this will bankrupt JLR, seriously. None of their vehicles has any off road cred now. They need an anchor vehicle with true cred that the other can siphon off of. This is the end of Land Rover.

Sponsored

Prioritypest

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2019 Land Rover Discovery 2020 Jeep Willys
The discovery is not a defender, just like the GC is not a Wrangler.
Never said it was but i can only assume that the quality or lack there of is same since they both are land rovers. They high priced, high cost of maintenance with poor resale value. We looked at trading it in but the blue book came in @ $46k and we just paid $81K a year earlier.

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
People are like politicians. I have built several on their website. You can get one for less than 70 or 80, unless your including interest over the entire amortization of the loan and have poor credit with a champagne taste. They start at 50, that’s what a rubicon is priced at. For that small difference I will get the Defender.
How long have you worked for Land Rover??? :LOL:

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious to see how the New Defender holds up in real world use and abuse, if its anything like my LR4 you better get the pocket book ready....

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I do like the interior of the Defender. It makes the "luxury offroad trim" Sahara look like crap by comparison.
Sponsored