Test drove a Mach-E GT the other day...

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
Well—Ford badged THIS a Mustang :facepalm:
DB5353C9-5CDD-4D9E-9B56-7E71442EA278.jpeg
hahaha so true. At first I thought it was '74 land yacht Mercury Cougar that had been through the dryer cycle.

Has the Jeep name been misused this much? more? Less? "Jeep" and "Wrangler" are at least as valuable as "mustang" and "corvette". Maybe will see those names go wide too.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
hahaha so true. At first I thought it was '74 land yacht Mercury Cougar that had been through the dryer cycle.

Has the Jeep name been misused this much? more? Less? "Jeep" and "Wrangler" are at least as valuable as "mustang" and "corvette". Maybe will see those names go wide too.
Jeep- Absolutely, little POS Fiats, Wrangler, not yet.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't be alarmed. That sound you hear is just Shelby rolling over in his grave... :)
The poor guy first got to see the abomination of his name and the Cobra badge. ☹

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Of course. Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Renegade, the modern day Cherokee...

But Willys Overland did it back in the 40s too lol. They slapped the Jeep grille on a whole bunch of shit. My favorite are Jeepsters (think Jeep turned Ford Thunderbird) and my more recent discovery - the Jeep Fleet Vans:

http://davidsclassiccars.com/jeep/73746-1961-jeep-fj3-fleet-van-step-van.html

It's like a miniature GM New Look bus. Lmao.

TBH, Sometimes I think Jeep goes too far. Like, the little Jeep on the windshield is cute, but all the 1941 and 7-slot grille easter eggs kinda make it feel tacky sometimes.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Granted, the mid-70's Mustangs were not the best Mustangs and they basically started as a Pinto. But at least you get get a V-8, manual transmission, only available in a 2-Door, and you could get T-Tops.

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Mach-E GT the other day... 1976 Musta

By today's standards, not a very fast car. But back in the day, it was one of the faster cars one could buy and with the oil crunch happening, shaving off 900 Lbs helped the MPGs.

This Mach-e thing is nothing that resembles the heritage of a proper Mustang.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

But Willys Overland did it back in the 40s too lol. They slapped the Jeep grille on a whole bunch of shit. My favorite are Jeepsters (think Jeep turned Ford Thunderbird) and my more recent discovery - the Jeep Fleet Vans:

Two of my fathers friends (brothers) had Jeepsters, one stock, the other had wagon 4WD but a couple inches higher than a wagon, Chevy V8, dark maroon and black, all nicely done. A beauty, A keeper I would like to have. 😊

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

TBH, Sometimes I think Jeep goes too far. Like, the little Jeep on the windshield is cute, but all the 1941 and 7-slot grille easter eggs kinda make it feel tacky sometimes.
That little fleet van is cool as hell. Sure you'd need a winch on each side to right it every time you went around a sharp turn, but... :)

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That little fleet van is cool as hell. Sure you'd need a winch on each side to right it every time you went around a sharp turn, but... :)
Yep! I don't disagree. Then again, the current LLVs the mail uses aren't that great at handling either, apparently.

Still, they abused the heck out of the Jeep name back then, too :D

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I’m signing up for one of the new dodge E muscle cars, the Banshee. It’s coming in Mojito! green and supposedly super fast.

73F44C7F-353B-4024-9B5D-8F4CA47ACC0B.jpeg

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
From what I read the Tesla has more range and the charging is easier and better integrated.

But the Mach-E looks SO MUCH BETTER!
While I can not speak from experience in the US, I understand the situation is similar to here in Europe.
If you have your own wall box and only use the car to commute, it does not really matter what EV you buy. Anything will be sufficient. Keep in mind that over hear, everything uses the same CCS2 charger plug, even Tesla. I know people like that Sandy Monroe youtube guy whine like a little bitch that "it's too big" and "everyone should be forced to use the Tesla plug" since apparently he has never used a gas pump, which is significantly larger... but I digress.
Anyhow, if you want to use an EV as your only car and plan to actually take trips, I would never even considering anything but a Tesla.
There are more compelling EVs. Nicer looking, better build quality, better materials and so on. But the Tesla charging network is just so much better than everything else available that it just doesnt make sense to get something else at the moment.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

Well, Jeep has never exactly been a byword for quality.
Having said that, I actually had a new compass as a rental. I hate to say it, but it was fantastic to drive. I could also fit way more luggage in there than my 4dr Rubicon.
It was also significantly better driving in the snow than my Wrangler. Pity it's so damned ugly.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Love all the ’hacks’ opining here. How many of you have been intimate with the design and manufacture of any main stream road vehicle understanding all of the constraints?

Take your freedoms (and cherish them) to do your best to improve upon engineered platforms that are far beyond your meager means. I’m looking forward to criticizing them. I’m not looking at my watch… my calendar.

Thus the beauty of aftermarket.

Tyler-98-W68

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe, 2022 Rubicon 4xe
You should go drive a 4xe

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I just can't get past the name Mustang on a SUV type thing. I wish they would have called it something else.
… like “Molten”

…or “Meltdown”.
Sponsored