aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Meanwhile on the Bronco forum...

(Heavy Sigh)... yet another Bronco post on the Wrangler forum that loves on the Ford turd. AC blows colder? Really, my AC is cold as a cucumber. That soft top on the Bronco looks like $hit... seriously it's like Helen Keller designed it or something.
Drove great? It should with IFS but let's go see it on the rocks next to my sexy flexed out Jeep.

Blah blah blah... do the guys on the Bronco forum post this much stuff about the Jeeps. Seriously, we need a sub forum on here for Broncos.

OK I'm done being a dick.
I just think all the Bronco lovers should join that forum and spare us. We Jeep lovers are very set in our ways. Regardless of what you are going to say about the Bronco we will find fault. Save your words for "Their" forum...
Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I like how the guy that dosent have much love for Jeeps is hanging out on a Jeep forum.
Well some own Jeeps and are just being honest about the laundry list of shortcomings they have experienced with them... I don't "hang out" here myself but just visit every once and a while. I know it is tough for the rose colored glasses Jeep crowd to hear dissenting opinions, you know the same way you talk about Bronco guys tears when Wranglers come up...

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
the thin cheaply put together plastic dash and center console panels
Let's be real, my friend, this is both vehicles.

Blah blah blah... do the guys on the Bronco forum post this much stuff about the Jeeps. Seriously, we need a sub forum on here for Broncos.
I think you're just seeing people around here getting antsy because the JL has been out for quite a few years and the novelty has long since worn off. Some people just need to have the newest thing on the block, so they're looking for the escape hatch and wanna create a ruckus on the way out.

I don't know. It's a form of social media - what do you expect? lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Well some own Jeeps and are just being honest about the laundry list of shortcomings they have experienced with them... I don't "hang out" here myself but just visit every once and a while. I know it is tough for the rose colored glasses Jeep crowd to hear dissenting opinions, you know the same way you talk about Bronco guys tears when Wranglers come up...
Ummm no. I'll be the first to bitch about PLENTY on the two JLs I've owned... plenty. Search my threads and you will see there are no rose colored glasses here. What I don't do is go on the Bronco forum and rave about my Jeep while pooping on the Bronco, that is what most people are doing here. If you want to love on the Bronco have at it just take it over there... this is a JEEP FORUM. We need/have a place to love on and bitch about our Jeeps... and they have theirs.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Ummm no. I'll be the first to bitch about PLENTY on the two JLs I've owned... plenty. Search my threads and you will see there are no rose colored glasses here. What I don't do is go on the Bronco forum and rave about my Jeep while pooping on the Bronco, that is what most people are doing here. If you want to love on the Bronco have at it just take it over there... this is a JEEP FORUM. We need/have a place to love on and bitch about our Jeeps... and they have theirs.
Most of us pretty much agree with you, but still... why are you in this thread if it gets you so heated?

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
So you just do it in the threads here that are clearly about the Bronco? That's pretty funny...

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
Ford is playing this too conservative to be a threat. They are going after a demographic that spends money in their dealerships after their warranties expire.

There are no real competitors to Jeep. Jeep is basically too big to compete with. Its like Dodge bringing the Neon back to compete with the VW Golf. Followings for these brands are rabidly loyal, even though their popularity is making their vehicles further than what the original was.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
So you are admitting you haven't been in a Bronco then :CWL: The look and layout of the dash in the Bronco is space age compared to the Wrangler. Both the instrument panel and the center screen are a decade more modern than the Wrangler. The design is MUCH cleaner and more modern than the Wrangler, anybody who has actually looked could see that...
I saw my first Bronco the other night…a Badlands. About what I expected based on forum comments. While the dash is more modern than the JL, I plastics used were surprisingly cheep looking and feeling. My 2020 Recon dash is luxurious in comparison. Also…no skid plate on the low hanging vulnerable gas tank…that’s really a huge oversight. I was also disappointed in the soft top on the Bronco….the rear windows are loose looking and the side seals on the soft top fit very loose against side structures, leaks and wind noise will be unavoidable….far inferior to the fit of the premium softtop on my Recon. I was prepared to want a Bronco…not yet based on my first look.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Ford is playing this too conservative to be a threat. They are going after a demographic that spends money in their dealerships after their warranties expire.
What demographic is this? I guess I do not know anybody like that... My vehicles never go to dealers for anything but warranty work... Sometimes it isn't even worth it if it is. Doesn't matter if it is my Ford or my Jeep.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I saw my first Bronco the other night…a Badlands. About what I expected based on forum comments. While the dash is more modern than the JL, I plastics used were surprisingly cheep looking and feeling. My 2020 Recon dash is luxurious in comparison. Also…no skid plate on the low hanging vulnerable gas tank…that’s really a huge oversight. I was also disappointed in the soft top on the Bronco….the rear windows are loose looking and the side seals on the soft top fit very loose against side structures, leaks and wind noise will be unavoidable….far inferior to the fit of the premium softtop on my Recon. I was prepared to want a Bronco…not yet based on my first look.
I will forever be baffled by the notion that Jeep makes a "high quality" product...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

There are no real competitors to Jeep. Jeep is basically too big to compete with. Its like Dodge bringing the Neon back to compete with the VW Golf. Followings for these brands are rabidly loyal, even though their popularity is making their vehicles further than what the original was.
Ford used to be big. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, Ford was twice the size of Chrysler. Now FCA and Ford’s market share in North America are within a point or two from each other, mostly because Ford —and GM- have shrunk.

Jeep used to be small; it now sells close to a million units every year.

Last edited:

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I will forever be baffled by the notion that Jeep makes a "high quality" product...
And Fords better? As someone who has owned both, there’s not much to brag about here on Fords part. My 2005 Ford Explorer all but fell apart after 40,000 miles.

Time will tell how well my Jeep holds up, but trying to hold the high ground by saying Ford makes high quality products is a joke. Now had you said that about Toyota, I’d agree
Sponsored